Expired Hot Deals

Rogers

Rogers home internet winback $53.99+tax 1GB download unlimited ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 4:28 pm
Nov 13, 2019
241 posts
413 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: Yeah I can understand, maybe set up with bell first, bell is possible to waive activation and install fee. Then while this is happening talk to rogers. Like I said, less than 24 hours they came to me. I got it for my parents who hasn’t cancelled cause they don’t have fibre service in their area.

Even if they don’t call you or reach out to you. If you have a cancelled account, winback team will likely do something for you to reopen.

I hope this helps.
Thanks yeah, I'll probably do it but with FibreStream not Bell. Either way I can't afford downtime without internet so I would cancel Rogers for a future date and schedule FibreStream to have some overlap. If Rogers calls me with a winback before FibreStream does the install, I'll consider cancelling the FibreStream setup... but if FibreStream gets here first then tough luck Rogers.
Sep 9, 2012
356 posts
273 upvotes
Ottawa
Called the ambassador team and got the $49.99 for 500mb. I had service last yearand cancelled around Nov to go to Fido.
Was also offered the 1gb for 59.99.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
bigtuna99 wrote: Thanks yeah, I'll probably do it but with FibreStream not Bell. Either way I can't afford downtime without internet so I would cancel Rogers for a future date and schedule FibreStream to have some overlap. If Rogers calls me with a winback before FibreStream does the install, I'll consider cancelling the FibreStream setup... but if FibreStream gets here first then tough luck Rogers.
Hope it all works out for you. Honestly I come to rfd a lot just to check on telco offers. I still find rfd the best place to see what can be obtained. I’m glad for this forum.
Feb 4, 2007
197 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
Best deal from the winback ambassador team is $49.99 for Ignite Gigabit. You have to make sure to ask the offer will not be impacted by the January price hike of $4 otherwise it would become $53.99 in January.
Banned
Nov 2, 2021
11 posts
14 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: Yeah I can understand, maybe set up with bell first, bell is possible to waive activation and install fee. Then while this is happening talk to rogers. Like I said, less than 24 hours they came to me. I got it for my parents who hasn’t cancelled cause they don’t have fibre service in their area.

Even if they don’t call you or reach out to you. If you have a cancelled account, winback team will likely do something for you to reopen.

I hope this helps.
Bell has no penalty for cancelation right away though OP? Thanks
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
kcgobeyond wrote: Bell has no penalty for cancelation right away though OP? Thanks
Depends on each person. The one I set up has none. Actually what bell told me is that their internet never has contract. But that might not be true if you have tv and etc package
Jun 21, 2009
191 posts
194 upvotes
Ya, what a fantastic game.
I just renewed 2 weeks ago. Got 500u + Disney+(12 months) for $44.99/month.
Rates are going up $6 in January, Still happy with $50.99 though.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3633 posts
828 upvotes
Scarborough
Got bell Fibe 1Gbps + 2 wifi pods + $100 gift card for $74.99 black Friday. Might still be around.

Real 1gbps speeds. **** Rogers.
Dec 6, 2021
1 posts
Anyone in Etobicoke have success with this deal or know of a good deal? I can't really afford the downtime of having no internet, so I'm not sure how if I should risk cancelling and getting no call from the winback team.

I currently pay $105 for the 105u which sucks really bad and I live in an area where there is no fiber so threating a move to bell really destroys my leverage.
Feb 24, 2009
148 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I usually find some dealers on the classifieds website and they are offering @[Rogers] 1 GBPS for 49.99 with the new Router.

Isnt that a simple and better deal ... My wife and I alternate the account name every year
Jan 16, 2011
756 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton
imtapan wrote: I usually find some dealers on the classifieds website and they are offering @Rogers 1 GBPS for 49.99 with the new Router.

Isnt that a simple and better deal ... My wife and I alternate the account name every year
Mind pointing me in the right direction.
Jun 29, 2010
794 posts
1457 upvotes
Why is this thread not being merged like others in the past with the ongoing retention thread? That's the whole point of an ongoing retention thread and this is exactly the same pricing that's been discussed there for about a year now ($55 for 1GB though some people here and there got better offers).

Having an entire thread's worth of parallel discussion about the exact same deal is stupid.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3996 posts
1096 upvotes
Best they offered me is if I switched the new ignite to gigabit I don't know what what ignite really means because I was still getting gigabit before for $64.99 a month plus free Disney Plus for a year they did send me the new modem which looks really nice and IPTV box but I don't get any IPTV channels which I don't understand but anyways that's the deal they gave me
Mar 4, 2011
121 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
EEE2 wrote: Best they offered me is if I switched the new ignite to gigabit I don't know what what ignite really means because I was still getting gigabit before for $64.99 a month plus free Disney Plus for a year they did send me the new modem which looks really nice and IPTV box but I don't get any IPTV channels which I don't understand but anyways that's the deal they gave me
you get a new different modem the black one !
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
EEE2 wrote: Best they offered me is if I switched the new ignite to gigabit I don't know what what ignite really means because I was still getting gigabit before for $64.99 a month plus free Disney Plus for a year they did send me the new modem which looks really nice and IPTV box but I don't get any IPTV channels which I don't understand but anyways that's the deal they gave me
I have no idea either… the ignite is supposed to be the faster one but I don’t really know how it’s faster, cause it’s still 1gb download top and for upload it’s still bottleneck by the coax cable and can’t really seem to get bigger than 30mbs… I mean maybe ignite is 50-100mbs upload? I donno… I know you get a black Wi-Fi 6 modem, but if you’re like me and have you’re own router that doesn’t matter.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2227 posts
644 upvotes
So my question what is the process now for you since you have been installed?

Do you have to pay for the first month of bell? How does cancelling your new bell line work? I always wanted to know how all this happens?

Your insight is greatly appreciated!
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
Raimond wrote: So my question what is the process now for you since you have been installed?

Do you have to pay for the first month of bell? How does cancelling your new bell line work? I always wanted to know how all this happens?

Your insight is greatly appreciated!
Bell or rogers will charge based on how long your service is. If I was to cancel my bell and go back to rogers I would basically be charged from rogers the day I receive the modem. For bell I can set to cancel any day and they will prorate the charge to the number of days I had their service. It may take a couple of weeks for their billing to correct. Thus I don’t set preauthorized payments and if I cancel a service I don’t pay it right away. I was a bit.

If you do over pay, there will be a credit on the account. They usually mail you a cheque but sometimes you need to call them to initiate the refund.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
SonyCanWoes wrote: Why is this thread not being merged like others in the past with the ongoing retention thread? That's the whole point of an ongoing retention thread and this is exactly the same pricing that's been discussed there for about a year now ($55 for 1GB though some people here and there got better offers).

Having an entire thread's worth of parallel discussion about the exact same deal is stupid.
Actually I didn’t know there was another one. I’ll close this one off then.
Jul 1, 2013
4 posts
Vaughan
My parents live in innisfil where options are limited and it seems the providers know this and gouge accordingly. They have both cable and internet. I had them on the $99 gigabit internet and solid cable package the other year. It finally expired and now they're up to like $150 or something ridiculous per month. A few months ago my mother called retention and they couldn't do anything. Bell couldn't do much better. Wondering if anyone up in those smaller towns with cable and internet has had success with this cancellation approach?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3636 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
I am seeing a $4 increase in Jan 2022 to my 500u Rogers plan. Anyone else?