Rogers

Rogers home internet winback $53.99+tax 1GB download unlimited ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 4:28 pm
Dec 3, 2007
997 posts
238 upvotes
Ottawa
Switched from Rogers to Bell a couple of weeks ago. Bell installed fibre to the home in our neighbourhood and had reps in the area. We were happy with Rogers service, but money talks. Bell offered 500mbps internet, basic tv with an additional 10 a la carte channels, Crave and HBO for a year and home phone with long distance and calling fearutes for $94/month. Less than we were paying with Rogers and the upload went from 20 up to 500 up. Not switching would have been whack.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2001 posts
851 upvotes
imtapan wrote: I usually find some dealers on the classifieds website and they are offering @Rogers 1 GBPS for 49.99 with the new Router.

Isnt that a simple and better deal ... My wife and I alternate the account name every year
Have you come across any ad recently for 49.99
Sep 7, 2014
480 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
the only reason i'm with Robbers right now is because my building does not have fibre. can't deal with their garbage upload speed
AMEX | Chase Bank | Cross-border Banking
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Public Mobile: talk & text
Feb 24, 2009
148 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
NightRider_ wrote: Have you come across any ad recently for 49.99
Yes I have , PM me and I will share the details
Feb 10, 2013
54 posts
82 upvotes
Moncton
bigtuna99 wrote: Does Rogers attempt the "win back" if you cancel for a future date? Right now I'm paying $75/month for 500 mbps but I'm in a condo that offers FibreStream and even with buying a router it makes sense to switch to FibreStream for $50/month for 750 mpbs.

I'd like to call and cancel my Rogers for end of the month and schedule Fibe to install a few days before that. Would Rogers give me a win back offer i) after I call to cancel, or ii) at the end of the month when service actually stops?
Last year I scheduled a cancellation without having any new deal, I picked a date a couple weeks into the future and then the next day or maybe two someone from the Ambassador Team called back.
Feb 27, 2016
85 posts
30 upvotes
greygables wrote: Please share what you have or what a good deal might be...
I think you corrected the title to reflet that it was for home internet. Initially it lead to believe it was a mobile plan with 1gb data.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2257 posts
2386 upvotes
Toronto
crane007 wrote: Ya, what a fantastic game.
I just renewed 2 weeks ago. Got 500u + Disney+(12 months) for $44.99/month.
Rates are going up $6 in January, Still happy with $50.99 though.
Are you in the building or house, all I could get is 90 in the house in Thornhill for 500u plus flex 20 and Disney
Jun 21, 2009
192 posts
194 upvotes
ilim wrote: Are you in the building or house, all I could get is 90 in the house in Thornhill for 500u plus flex 20 and Disney
house. Kanata Ontario
Jan 6, 2018
102 posts
25 upvotes
I got the $4 increase now, but I can't access my Bill.

And in 1 month my 500 MBps @ $42.75 ( now $47.75) will expire. Gotta used the cancellation trick...otherwise, Fido 150 MBps @ $42.50 is pretty good for me.

There is only cable in my area, so is Rogers or Fido, or 3rd party like Tekksavy etc
Jan 6, 2017
179 posts
126 upvotes
Rebelyouth wrote: I got the $4 increase now, but I can't access my Bill.

And in 1 month my 500 MBps @ $42.75 ( now $47.75) will expire. Gotta used the cancellation trick...otherwise, Fido 150 MBps @ $42.50 is pretty good for me.

There is only cable in my area, so is Rogers or Fido, or 3rd party like Tekksavy etc
How long did it take for winback to call you after you cancelled?
- Public Mobile $120 for 3 months with 12 gigs LTE
- Zoomerwireless $36 per month for 4 gigs
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20875 posts
31395 upvotes
ONTARIO
Be careful with these scumbags.

Last year I tried to cancel due to them not offering me anything worthwhile for internet. I put in the cancellation date for when my promotional price ended. A month later. I was hoping for their winback team to call me.

The stupid customer service rep. put in the cancellation for that very same night. So at midnight, I lost my internet.
Not only that, but to add insult to injury, I was given a nice hefty early cancellation fee added to my account as well.

I spent so much time on the phone trying to get it straightened out (which I eventually did thanks to their ambassador's team), but what a shit show that whole experience was.
Nov 29, 2010
118 posts
132 upvotes
Ottawa
Not surprised. I’m pretty sure they love to piss people off for all the reasons already listed hoping you’ll just pay more.

I went though live support and they offered me 500u for $79. This is going up from $59 I’m paying now for 1GB and 49 I was paying the year before and 39 the year before and 29 before that. You get the picture. Death by a thousand cuts. I put in a cancellation for mid march. Been almost a week now with nothing so now I’m looking at primus now through costco. Offering 75Mb for $39 + $10 modem rental so $50. It’s only for 6 months and then it jumps up. But at least this will hold me over. I can try rogers again in 5 or 6 months. No one seems to be offering anything decent right now.
Jan 6, 2018
102 posts
25 upvotes
I chatted with the Rogers rep today, and I can say:

Wow never happened to me before, I chatted with the rep and the rep extended the price for another 12 months.

I didn't need to escalate or anything.

That was easy I just said :

My loyalty discount is about to expire. Is there anything you can offer me to maintain my loyalty?

and he did the extensionSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3640 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
Rebelyouth wrote: I chatted with the Rogers rep today, and I can say:

Wow never happened to me before, I chatted with the rep and the rep extended the price for another 12 months.

I didn't need to escalate or anything.

That was easy I just said :

My loyalty discount is about to expire. Is there anything you can offer me to maintain my loyalty?

and he did the extensionSmiling Face With Open Mouth
What's your price?