Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2019 11:12 pm
Sep 13, 2014
3 posts
Westmount, QC
I'm not an existing Rogers customer, but called several reps trying to get the 500u/$25 deal (I'm in Ottawa). Each rep told me it is postal code locked, so only "highly competitive areas" can get this rate. Any advice on how to move past this?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2652 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
WhatAUsername17965 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 11:07 am
Sent you a message! I hope this deal still applies. Made an account just for this lol
Replied back, Merry Christmas everyone!
Aug 4, 2010
89 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
sguptaet wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 8:18 pm
Can you clarify - did you cancel your Fido to trigger the call from Rogers?

I've had Fido for a couple of years now but no calls from Rogers yet. Actually, how would they get my number anyways?
Yes, I cancelled Fido in October and went with Carry. Actually I called Rogers before and asked for this deal. But I was informed that I was not qualified. So I went to Carry for $25/month.
I also asked how they got my number. Rogers said it's from my Fido records. I also have cellphone and data plan services with Fido.

BTW after I connected to Rogers, the speed is only up to 80 mbps. I called Rogers and they have to send a technician to my home to figure out.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2397 posts
1671 upvotes
I am also looking to sign up asap.... Currently on 100U
Smash that like button!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3945 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
Is this deal available for existing Rogers customers as well or just new ones?
I am already with Rogers (signed up bundle offer 2 months ago)
Is it available in Markham?
Apr 24, 2017
278 posts
138 upvotes
Existing customer in Orangeville with horrendous service I’d love to be paying less for. PM me if anyone can help.
Jun 14, 2015
59 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i very much would appreciate contact info for one of these rep.
can someone help?

i'm in a bell FTTH area as well in toronto
Aug 24, 2018
23 posts
9 upvotes
to_munda wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 5:22 pm
Is this deal available for existing Rogers customers as well or just new ones?
I am already with Rogers (signed up bundle offer 2 months ago)
Is it available in Markham?
You can't get this deal if you have other services. It's for internet subscribers only
Aug 27, 2010
431 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
As an existing Rogers Internet customer I called in and requested to cancel my service...the rep transferred me to the cancelation department which is a tier 3 rep, one level above winback. I was able to get 250 UP @ $29.99 for 12 months aswell as home phone for $20 per month for 24 months. Aswell as a bunch of 4k cable channels free for a year and a $90 credit which is 3 months of free.

*I was on a $15 per month home phone plan for over 3 years however my guaranteed price is up in 2 months and there is no guarantee of a deal when it’s up so I just locked in for $5 more for 24 months, still works out to be a hellova deal.
Nov 21, 2010
661 posts
160 upvotes
Canada
Looking to get a deal. Is this still active? In an area with true Bell FTTH.. they only tried once when the fiber trenches were being dug up but it wasn't a remotely food offer.
Dec 23, 2018
1 posts
Brampton
Looking for this deal or something comparable, first time Rogers customer in Brampton. Moving out for the first time and trying to get my services sorted out a little ahead of time!
Jan 17, 2009
444 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
No luck getting this as a new customer. All the people i spoke to said its not available, best offer i got was 60$ for 500u, so i declined. Will try again later when i have the free time to sit on the phone.
Jun 10, 2016
67 posts
32 upvotes
has anyone had success in getting a deal when they have tv and internet bundled?? I've tried with three different reps and told me deals like $25/month are for specific postal codes/condos and for internet only (not when you have tv too). You'd think that when you are getting tv AND internet you'd get a better deal - not a worse one.

thinking of doing the cancellation and hoping for a winback call - but haven't done this before - is there any risk? do they ever just not call back? can you un-cancel if you don't get the call?
Aug 19, 2009
255 posts
111 upvotes
muscleflex wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 11:02 am
has anyone had success in getting a deal when they have tv and internet bundled?? I've tried with three different reps and told me deals like $25/month are for specific postal codes/condos and for internet only (not when you have tv too). You'd think that when you are getting tv AND internet you'd get a better deal - not a worse one.

thinking of doing the cancellation and hoping for a winback call - but haven't done this before - is there any risk? do they ever just not call back? can you un-cancel if you don't get the call?
just cancel and set a date yourself. if they don't call back before that date, u call them and cancel the cancellation. yes you can do that.
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Zoomer, Fido, ING (Tangerine sounds so weird >.>)
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.