Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2020 9:38 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1716 posts
428 upvotes
orberen wrote: Dang I just finished dealing with rogers 2 days ago and just as I was about to cancel my rogers internet they gave me 500u for $40 a month. I guess to get the $25 a month you have to full out cancel and wait for a call back to retrieve their lost customer LOL?
i m in same boat but isn’t it no contract we can jump to this if we wanted, who wouldn’t?
Dec 24, 2010
71 posts
4 upvotes
called a couple of days ago and the agent insist the promotion isn't available for my postal codes. I explained that I have all my services with rogers for 2 houses and if I can get this promo, I would like to sign up for a 3rd address and they said no. Tried again today, the agent said the promotion is available for my postal code but the promotion is no longer available. WTF Rogers!

does anyone know if this promotion is still available or is it dead? I cancelled my service for the end of the month so we will see if I get a call back.
Jul 14, 2018
332 posts
385 upvotes
I just got called by rogers - a second time. Apparently they found out I live chatted with em a month ago asking about internet deals, then they got my cell # somehow (maybe cuz I had a prepaid account with em a year ago?).

I didn't pick up, but was offered $40/1gbps on my voicemail by a Rogers rep.

What part of "I'm happy paying fido $60/60mbps" don't they understand???

just kidding will call him back later and ask for 500mbps
Jul 21, 2011
169 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone not receive an email confirmation after the rep said everything is setup? I was told I would have to switch my modem first before I see the confirmation email.
Oct 27, 2015
94 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cancelled service last week. Got win back call. Agent Said best deal is $74.99. I said no thanks, will move to CarryTel.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2111 posts
169 upvotes
Tried Rogers Chat and FB Chat with Rogers both said im not eligible. I'll try one last time calling in.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Jan 8, 2017
160 posts
17 upvotes
Wilmega wrote: Tried Rogers Chat and FB Chat with Rogers both said im not eligible. I'll try one last time calling in.
Same here no luck in Ajax
May 2, 2008
397 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
batman2002 wrote: Did anyone not receive an email confirmation after the rep said everything is setup? I was told I would have to switch my modem first before I see the confirmation email.
I didn't receive anything when the agent set up my account back in March. I got the email only after picking up the modem from the store.
Jun 12, 2016
559 posts
217 upvotes
Mississauga
No luck with FB chat here either in Mississauga. They said that my 500u offer for $80/month was the best deal that they have for me at the moment. I even have cable with them, but that doesn't seem to matter much either. They offered me the Fido 75MB unlimited offer for $32/month for 12 months, but I politely declined. Placed cancellation and moving to Carrytel. Let's see what lame offer Rogers winback comes back with, if anything at all.
Aug 6, 2018
2 posts
Called earlier today and they offered $29.99 for the 500u or $39.99 for the Gigabit. My phone call was literally less than 5 minutes. I started off with a chat on Rogers.ca and the rep gave me a number to call as my condo is less than a year old and it was deemed as a new address in their books. He told me that promotions for new addresses could be offered through the number provided. So it seems like this was legit a targeted offer.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1061 posts
490 upvotes
deal is certainly not dead, i just got it. (toronto east). thanks OP!
[*]
Dec 24, 2010
71 posts
4 upvotes
Good to know that Rogers is just bullshitting me.

I have 2 address, one in Brantford and one in Scarborough. cancelled both. Got a call back for the Brantford address and was offered $30 for 500U. The rep said it is the best they can do. Not sure if I should hold out and see if they offer me $25 for 500U. If you decline a winback offer, would they call back with a better offer?

Still waiting to see if they would offer this deal for my scarborough address.

Does anyone know if they would give you this offer for new activation? My brother has Fido right now but this seems like a better offer.
Oct 8, 2010
790 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Just got the deal thru FB chat. Toronto Downtown Condo. Existing Customer. (only internet)
Last edited by send242me on Aug 7th, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 1, 2006
434 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough, Ontario
I was able to get this offer. Amazing deal. There is one time activation fee of 14.95$ and it is 25$/month for the 500u no contract service. Modem rental is included and the usage is unlimited. Scarborough, Finch East/Warden location.