[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 7:07 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2476 posts
1769 upvotes
Update:
I called, threatened to cancel. Told them i didnt want a call back in a few days as I would sign with a competitor. Put me into the senior team.

Deal i got was 34.99 month, 3 months free, 12 month no contract. No modem rental fee. effectively speaking it comes to 26.25 a month.
Smash that like button!
Mar 26, 2004
124 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
Never did get a callback. Picked up modem from Fido yesterday, returned Rogers modem today. So this is what breaking up feels like.
Feb 4, 2017
549 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
I called Rogers a couple of weeks ago to see if they had any promos . The promos they offered me were very good but still could not beat my $24.95/mth Fibe 300 package so I rejected them all. A week after a Rogers lady called me personally and said she would add a $50 credit on top of those packages, I rejected her again. A couple days later , another guy called me from Rogers and offered me the Ignite 500 for $24.95/mth with $50 credit, I accepted.

Just to let you know, I am a new customer. So it looks like they have another "winback" department for new customers as well as long as you reject the offers on your initial call with them.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1631 posts
247 upvotes
CheapMang wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 9:49 am
I called Rogers a couple of weeks ago to see if they had any promos . The promos they offered me were very good but still could not beat my $24.95/mth Fibe 300 package so I rejected them all. A week after a Rogers lady called me personally and said she would add a $50 credit on top of those packages, I rejected her again. A couple days later , another guy called me from Rogers and offered me the Ignite 500 for $24.95/mth with $50 credit, I accepted.

Just to let you know, I am a new customer. So it looks like they have another "winback" department for new customers as well as long as you reject the offers on your initial call with them.
This whole post makes me mad. On top of the fact that there seems to be absolutely no consistency in prices between customers, we have to go through this song and dance just to get a decent price. I’ve see the 500U package be priced anywhere from $25/mo to $99/mo. and almost any number in between with seemingly no rhyme or reason.
adamm
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2731 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
adamm wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 1:07 pm
This whole post makes me mad. On top of the fact that there seems to be absolutely no consistency in prices between customers, we have to go through this song and dance just to get a decent price. I’ve see the 500U package be priced anywhere from $25/mo to $99/mo. and almost any number in between with seemingly no rhyme or reason.
I currently have 500u for $25 which I signed up for last month.

My understanding is that the 500u for $25 is typically for condos/apartments now, however 150u for $35 can be had for houses.

I know for a fact they currently have a promo where they have 150u or 500u (depending on your location) & Crave TV+Movies+HBO for $49.99.

That said, shoot me a message and I can provide you with my Rogers contact who maybe able to help you out!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13129 posts
2553 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I helped my friend call today and she said the promotion is postal code specific. The only thing I was able to get was Ignite 500U for $40/month for one year. Also got 3 months free. Not the best but still better than nothing considering she was paying something ridiculous like $70/month before.
Sep 28, 2018
1 posts
GTA
Anyway to get this if you're already locked in a 2year obscenely expensive contract? I'd shoot you a pm marcsterr but I dont have pm access, being a lurker and all :(
Apr 2, 2004
722 posts
143 upvotes
Looking for a Stouffville rep. Please PM if anyone can help.
Oct 8, 2005
777 posts
61 upvotes
just a stupid question but are you guys getting calls from rogers reps offering internet deals such as these? I was tempted to bite but not sure if its a scam or not. Any thoughts guys??
Jun 9, 2017
271 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
Robkoh wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 4:36 pm
Could a Rogers rep PM me for Ottawa?
I am also looking to get this deal in Ottawa. Any luck or rep name.
Jun 9, 2017
271 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone been able to extend their deal past one year because this deal was launched back in March last year so the Deal will be ending soon
Jul 7, 2014
50 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
marcsterr wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 5:25 pm
I currently have 500u for $25 which I signed up for last month.

My understanding is that the 500u for $25 is typically for condos/apartments now, however 150u for $35 can be had for houses.

I know for a fact they currently have a promo where they have 150u or 500u (depending on your location) & Crave TV+Movies+HBO for $49.99.

That said, shoot me a message and I can provide you with my Rogers contact who maybe able to help you out!
My 500u is expiring soon, will PM you if that's ok, as I was unable to get any sort of deal calling into retentions the last two times I called!!
Jan 2, 2019
1 posts
GTA
Long time lurker first time poster.

I just got this deal too. I'm a new Rogers customer and apparently the deal I got is only for new customers residing in condos/apts.

The rep did mention that these deals are restricted even by channel and field sales is the way to go for any Rogers home services.

$25 500u 12 month no contract.

He did mention that there are other deals for non condo/apts like mentioned above.

$35 for 150u and $25 for 60u.

If anyone wants the reps info, PM me.
Apr 11, 2007
280 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
I was not able to get this deal. However, they offered me 250u for $44.95 a month for one year. I accepted the offer.