Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2020 7:12 pm
Oct 27, 2009
92 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
First rep basically laughed at me when i asked for the deal and ended the call.

Second try, guy said i was eligible then at the end said i wasn't because of my postal code, but would offer $45 instead. After some haggling and a transfer to loyalty dept. I finally got it for $25+tax and $15 activation fee (500mbps, unltd dl, modem rental included) for one year. This was a new activation, with no previous Rogers services in a house in Toronto. Only took 2 hours...

Thanks OP! Was a bummer not to get it last time around even after 5 tries. Red hot deal, even if it does mean I'm doing business with Ragers.
Last edited by pvdv on Aug 3rd, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2016
207 posts
133 upvotes
Agent looked into it for me, said it’s postal code restricted.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2140 posts
741 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone who already has $25 for 500gb for 1 year from last time (few months ago), try to call in to extend it even further with this promo? Shouldn't need postal code since you already received the original $25 for 500gb.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1410 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
Does this work for new customers?
Jan 27, 2015
101 posts
32 upvotes
Courtice, ON
Is this one for condo or house?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2526 posts
1070 upvotes
I got it the previous time after haggling, would love it extended for another year lol.

My advice, just keep calling!!!
Jan 20, 2012
525 posts
462 upvotes
LONDON
AFAIK, the best way to get this is to initiate a cancellation 7 days from the day you call.

Myself, I did this when carrytel had a great offer at the time, and rogers win back called me 2 days prior to my cancellation day and offered me the 500u for $25/month. I didn't even ask for it specifically.

I find if you keep calling, they have you on record and on notes and it actually puts people at a disadvantage.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Apr 3, 2018
21 posts
40 upvotes
No luck on the live chat, but didn't expect there to be. Currently have $120 for unlimited 150mbps, free modem, good cable package with HBO, FX, etc. This would be wonderful.

LPT: When calling Rogers, put them on speakerphone and play a relaxing video game to make it bearable.

Will try this weekend again.
Mar 3, 2009
33 posts
24 upvotes
i believe this thread was created before but about two weeks ago i got this deal after seeing it on RFDs.

What I did was using all platform I stated that my wife received the offer letter at home and i wanted to take advantage off it as someone had uploaded the offer letter on RFDs.
1: Live chat on rogers.com....they said no i don't qualify as it is postal code restricted.
2: called *611 --- convinced the rep that i got the letter and they said postal code restricted but retention would be able to help out...spoke with retention they said no and forwarded me off to a field rep who said its only for new clients to Rogers. 500u $29.99 for my area..
3: Fb msger chat ---- took about 1hr 30min...NO Problem, you qualify i can get it setup right away. 500u $24.99 till July 20/2019.

Total rogers internet bill $24.99 + tax and Wireless $40 5gb plan unlimited = happy customer

Hopefully this will help someone....
Dec 13, 2016
183 posts
56 upvotes
Just got it
Tried a few days ago thru Rogers site chat and no luck
Got it thru Facebook chat
Should be limited to your postal code
Nov 22, 2008
285 posts
38 upvotes
JosephL468090 wrote: Just got it
Tried a few days ago thru Rogers site chat and no luck
Got it thru Facebook chat
Should be limited to your postal code
New or existing cx?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1712 posts
1224 upvotes
Ottawa
chinnavan wrote: i believe this thread was created before but about two weeks ago i got this deal after seeing it on RFDs.

What I did was using all platform I stated that my wife received the offer letter at home and i wanted to take advantage off it as someone had uploaded the offer letter on RFDs.
1: Live chat on rogers.com....they said no i don't qualify as it is postal code restricted.
2: called *611 --- convinced the rep that i got the letter and they said postal code restricted but retention would be able to help out...spoke with retention they said no and forwarded me off to a field rep who said its only for new clients to Rogers. 500u $29.99 for my area..
3: Fb msger chat ---- took about 1hr 30min...NO Problem, you qualify i can get it setup right away. 500u $24.99 till July 20/2019.

Total rogers internet bill $24.99 + tax and Wireless $40 5gb plan unlimited = happy customer

Hopefully this will help someone....
First rule of RFD is never mention RFD.

RIP Rogers internet deal, smh.
Oct 27, 2015
94 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Deal is dead:

The Rogers Ignite 500u promotion was a great offer. I would want to take advantage as well. Unfortunately, the offer is no longer available. I can definitely take a look at your account and go over options for your internet if you would like. For us to discuss your account details, we will need to ask you to complete a secured authentication form. This form is time sensitive, can we send this to you now?
Dec 8, 2010
603 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto
Daufin02 wrote: Deal is dead:

The Rogers Ignite 500u promotion was a great offer. I would want to take advantage as well. Unfortunately, the offer is no longer available. I can definitely take a look at your account and go over options for your internet if you would like. For us to discuss your account details, we will need to ask you to complete a secured authentication form. This form is time sensitive, can we send this to you now?
I got the exact same message. Word for word.
Last edited by rainydays on Aug 3rd, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.