[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 2:32 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9253 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
Called in today for my parents. Currently on 82.99 1gbps.

Talked to front line rep, transferred me to cancellations, lady there offered me 500u for 49.99 for 12 months.

Told them to schedule cancellation for a week later.

Now to sit back and cross my fingers for a better winback deal.
Jul 12, 2004
487 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone in unionville, Ontario got $25 gigabits internet?
Feb 16, 2014
646 posts
129 upvotes
London
mike360 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 5:45 pm
Got it for $74.99/month, which is about $2 more than I was paying for 150u. So I took that. I'm in London, N5X area.
This is the price tag of same promo service for students.Seems London has no chance in getting this deal.
Jul 14, 2018
230 posts
277 upvotes
esfandiyar2002 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 9:35 am
This is the price tag of same promo service for students.Seems London has no chance in getting this deal.
I know a rep in London that sold me a similar hot deal. I don't even live in London, but he was still able to sign me up Face With Tears Of Joy

The key is to find a rep that is allowed to offer this deal, such as someone assigned to an area that has Bell FTTH or a multi-dwelling building.

EDIT: assuming you are a new customer.
Nov 21, 2015
89 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Called several times with no luck. The Rep referenced this thread and said that the offer is mainly for people in condos.

Was able to get 500u internet/pvr box with around 40 channels/home phone for 2 yrs no contract 74.99/m +tax
Nov 27, 2007
126 posts
11 upvotes
North York
Went through facebook chat.
They said I qualified "based on" postal code....

Got a follow up call and was offered it at 29.99, claimed 24.99 promo price is over....
Still a better deal than my furrent fido 75/$35 deal....waiting for modem delivery now.
Freedom Big Gig Everywhere 50.
May 10, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
I was able to get $24.99 plan from Rogers. I called up CX and asked for a plan stating I have an active Smart Home Monitoring Account. I was offered a 74.99$ plan. After a day I went online and had a chat with an agent for 25$ plan and was told it does not exist. Next day I got a call for the win back offer. I do not think I ever had any rogers account for internet.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3429 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
The router they supply on the 500u is absolutely terrible. The guy said its the best they have and one floor up right around the corner its getting barely 20mbps when wired I see 450mbps. Looking at the dbm I can't believe how weak the connection is maybe 8m away.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Mar 7, 2011
8 posts
Just called and cancelled. If I don't get the callback, what are my best options with another provider? Looking for just internet. thanks!
Feb 16, 2014
646 posts
129 upvotes
London
NinjaSaves wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 9:44 am
I know a rep in London that sold me a similar hot deal. I don't even live in London, but he was still able to sign me up Face With Tears Of Joy
Well,if this is true,pm me that rep address.Someone in few pages back told that he is in London and got that deal at his first attempt from a rep in person.When I asked to pm me that rep,he flew!
19 attempts failed for me.Gave up!
Jul 14, 2018
230 posts
277 upvotes
esfandiyar2002 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 11:59 am
Well,if this is true,pm me that rep address.Someone in few pages back told that he is in London and got that deal at his first attempt from a rep in person.When I asked to pm me that rep,he flew!
19 attempts failed for me.Gave up!
I don't feel comfortable giving away the rep's info, and they probably aren't allowed to go around browsing RFD to find people to sell internet to.

The rep got in touch with me about two weeks after I live chatted with sales to ask for a deal on 500u. If Rogers has your phone number and you aren't a current customer, then I suggest you play the waiting game for a bit. Maybe they will call you.
Feb 16, 2014
646 posts
129 upvotes
London
NinjaSaves wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 12:09 pm
I don't feel comfortable giving away the rep's info, and they probably aren't allowed to go around browsing RFD to find people to sell internet to.

The rep got in touch with me about two weeks after I live chatted with sales to ask for a deal on 500u. If Rogers has your phone number and you aren't a current customer, then I suggest you play the waiting game for a bit. Maybe they will call you.
You are misunderstood.No one is going to say that:"hey,I am a RFD member and one other member gave your info!"
Rogers doesn't have my phone number,nor I am their customer!
If you don't feel good about it,simply say it.But don't play around the bush,please!
Apr 8, 2015
158 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CoolDudeClan wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 10:38 am
The router they supply on the 500u is absolutely terrible. The guy said its the best they have and one floor up right around the corner its getting barely 20mbps when wired I see 450mbps. Looking at the dbm I can't believe how weak the connection is maybe 8m away.
Must be an issue with his Modem or house, I have no problems at all with my white modem
Jun 12, 2009
683 posts
211 upvotes
does rogers throttle/shape torrents nowadays?
do they impose upload limit against, or terminate, 'extreme' users, whatever that may be?