Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 8:42 pm
Newbie
Apr 11, 2018
13 posts
21 upvotes
They told me my postal code didn't qualify. Guess I'm activating carrytel.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2005
2411 posts
398 upvotes
GTA
I got offered $34.99 + $50 installation fee
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Penalty Box
User avatar
Oct 14, 2017
516 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Tried rogers chat said I didn't qualify.

Was anybody who is a new customer able to get this deal?
Member
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
People are having a hard time understating that these offers are "POSTAL CODE" specific. If Rogers refuses to give you what you're looking for you're SOL unfortunately. I was able to negotiate and get my internet down to $49.99/month (Rogers Ignite 500u) for 12 months, since I do not qualify for the special pricing like some of these other members are getting.
Member
Nov 13, 2016
319 posts
181 upvotes
Gentle reminder for all those who are being rejected by postal code restrictions - this is standard Rogers bullshit. You need to keep declining any other offer and call again until you get the $24.99 /500u deal. It might take anything from 5-25 trials - if you can be patient enough. Few posters got better results on FB chat instead of phone.

If a couple of RFDers got it, there is a good chance that you will get it if you are patient and persistent.

Good luck.
CD
Sr. Member
Apr 1, 2013
569 posts
575 upvotes
Fredericton
I was offered this by retention department (they called me) a few weeks ago. It wasn't worth switching back to Rogers. That's how bad Rogers is - they can't even [practically] give internet away.

FYI - I'm in NB. So this isn't just Ontario or something.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2509 posts
1068 upvotes
tonedcarrot wrote: People are having a hard time understating that these offers are "POSTAL CODE" specific. If Rogers refuses to give you what you're looking for you're SOL unfortunately. I was able to negotiate and get my internet down to $49.99/month (Rogers Ignite 500u) for 12 months, since I do not qualify for the special pricing like some of these other members are getting.
They really aren't, postal code specific is a load of crap. Go back to the previous huge thread when they offered this a few months back, everyone got it with persistence.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
193 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
For people who are thinking of moving To Rogers
I had Bell Fibe 1gb and never had issues with speed but moved due to billing errors
Rogers suck big time. Started with 500u and now on 1 gb
I am getting 20 mb with Etherner and 5 mb wireless. Tech support is clueless
--Bell 1 gb Fibe Internet + TV + Home Phone $75 + tax
--- 2 Fido 3 gb data plan $0 for 12 months Using with Fongo App
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1653 upvotes
tonedcarrot wrote: People are having a hard time understating that these offers are "POSTAL CODE" specific. If Rogers refuses to give you what you're looking for you're SOL unfortunately. I was able to negotiate and get my internet down to $49.99/month (Rogers Ignite 500u) for 12 months, since I do not qualify for the special pricing like some of these other members are getting.
It's NOT postal code specific. It's customer service rep specific. All luck of the draw. I was able to get it last time around through online chat. I actually got lucky and got the GIGABIT!

Edit: I got GIGABIT for $34. $25 was 500mbps.
Last edited by aquariaguy on Aug 4th, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jr. Member
Nov 15, 2014
191 posts
37 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Just tried through chat to extend my existing 24.99/mnth deal and no luck. Rep did check my mom's place a block south of me (condo) and said she would qualify so I'll be calling in and switching her tomorrow.
Member
Dec 7, 2016
299 posts
84 upvotes
I signed up for this in Dec. But they recently raised my rate to $40 after taxes claiming all plans had an increase in price.
Jr. Member
Jun 5, 2007
178 posts
9 upvotes
Hell I'd take the deal at $29.99 too.

For those that have it, is it actually close to 500m down?
Sr. Member
Apr 1, 2013
569 posts
575 upvotes
Fredericton
dubplatepressure wrote: Hell I'd take the deal at $29.99 too.

For those that have it, is it actually close to 500m down?
My experience during the short few months I had Rogers is that you never get those speeds outside their speed test.

Downloads were always choppy as in download ... pause ... download ... pause .. download ...

That was downloading any files from anywhere. It was downloading in short (5 second) bursts, then hanging for 3 seconds. And it was never anywhere close to max speed. As soon as I switched back to Bell Fibe the issue went away. Rogers infrastructure sucks.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
193 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: My experience during the short few months I had Rogers is that you never get those speeds outside their speed test.

Downloads were always choppy as in download ... pause ... download ... pause .. download ...

That was downloading any files from anywhere. It was downloading in short (5 second) bursts, then hanging for 3 seconds. And it was never anywhere close to max speed. As soon as I switched back to Bell Fibe the issue went away. Rogers infrastructure sucks.
Ditto for me
It was working fine with Bell n sucks with Rogers.
They told me that transmission levels are low to my house. Opened 2 tickets but no results yet
--Bell 1 gb Fibe Internet + TV + Home Phone $75 + tax
--- 2 Fido 3 gb data plan $0 for 12 months Using with Fongo App

Top