Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2020 9:38 pm
Nov 13, 2017
26 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Can you PM me the number or person that you call?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2152 posts
1159 upvotes
GTA
matt4670 wrote: Does anyone experience unstable WiFi speed with this gigabyte modem? I've had it since the last promo and my connection isn't always consistent. Any inputs is appreciated.
You're using WiFi so this is normal. If anything, it'll be unusual to have consistent speeds. There are simply too many factors which can interfere with the wireless signal.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1235 posts
588 upvotes
Scarborough
Does this only apply to select postal codes/condos?
Jul 6, 2017
109 posts
61 upvotes
Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: guys i think im getting this on FB chat right now!
do FB chat! way better the rogers.com chat
It's just the regular Rogers Facebook account? I'll give this a shot. I switched from them to TekSavvy about a year ago because I was sick of their prices, but if I can get on board with this I'll be thrilled.

Their speeds are never anywhere close to what they advertise in my area but it's not terrible either.

Anyone know if they'll let you use your own modem instead of renting into? Had to buy one for TekSavvy, don't need another.

Thx!
Nov 25, 2013
211 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
I pay $30/month and tried to get it down to $25 thu FB chat but they said new customers only :P
Feb 16, 2014
651 posts
134 upvotes
London
This is for those who are interested in new deal of Rogers 500u cable connection:

1)Rogers student deal for tier 500u is currently $75/month.

2)Those who are currently/specifically Rogers present wireless clients(Postpaid cell phone plans,not prepaid) are eligible for tire 500u for $25/month.This is also for specific postal codes that Rogers randomly tosses promotion offer,meaning not everyone who has postpaid cellphone plans may receive a call to get this deal.

3)Those who have TV connection with Rogers(not sure of its kind),or have the same 500u cable connection for higher prices,may receive promotion offers for 500u for $35/month.This is postal code & targeted previous client/s exclusively,meaning Rogers randomly tosses papers/emails to specific residential areas/homes.That means you may check that you are eligible for 500u cable connection service in your area,but you may only receive it either for normal price tag($128/month)or student deal(new customers)price tag($75).

I hope this helps.In my case,my residential building has an specific Rogers agent who I contacted with(face to face) to see this deal is available.There was not,but I received aforementioned info that I hope helps things clear up for you guys.
Apr 11, 2007
779 posts
492 upvotes
Oakville
Why do we need another reminder
Aug 25, 2006
217 posts
28 upvotes
Cambridge
Is this $25 plus $10 modem rental? Or does the 25 include modem rental?
[solicitation removed]
Feb 16, 2014
651 posts
134 upvotes
London
yohung wrote: Why do we need another reminder
Because people who get this deal,are not honest or not telling the whole story.Thus,other people,like me,are wondering overwhelmingly.
Feb 16, 2014
651 posts
134 upvotes
London
aZian_ wrote: Why do we need another thread....
This thread sums up/clarifies things that nobody talked about it clearly. People may wonder why they cannot get this deal while others can.Those "others"are not telling the whole story!That is why.
Feb 4, 2017
658 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
You could of posted this in the thread summary of the other thread.
Mar 12, 2016
553 posts
627 upvotes
NOW IM GONNA MAKE A NEW THREAD ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS IN THIS POST, AND THE ANSWER IS...

HE DID IT FOR THE UPVOTES!!
Feb 16, 2014
651 posts
134 upvotes
London
UWOD2020 wrote: HE DID IT FOR THE UPVOTES!!
You are sadly mistaken,unfortunately.I am not interested in upvoting/downvoting system at all.Like I said,this is only to clarify things.Unfortunately,few people on RFD tend to impress others by telling only one side of the story,but that needs to be clear,concise,and clarified.Otherwise,people like me,wonder why they are not be able to get this deal.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

OhmLaw, chowjam