[Rogers] Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 8:42 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1048 posts
56 upvotes
Downtown TO
Moved downtown recently and ended up getting this deal, but had to jump through hoops.

I've never signed up for internet with Rogers before, so I did the FB chat a few days back asking if I could get the deal. They said my area qualified and would get a call back. I noted the confirmation number, but never did get a call back. I then called them yesterday, to complete the activation, but they said they weren't able to honor the price. I was offered $65, $49 then $35 after a couple of calls. I signed up for $35 and then did the FB Rogers chat again, at which point I was able to get the price adjusted back down to $25.
Sep 19, 2012
341 posts
176 upvotes
Kitchener
ReddyFlaggs wrote: I've never had Rogers... and I just called them a couple of times for this deal, and they wouldn't budge.

I signed up for a bundle with them, but I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not.

Ignite 500u
One Nextbox HD PVR receiver (not the 4k one)
Popular TV package
6 month of Netflix
home phone
$200 one time credit
waived install & activation

$134.99/mo (plus tax)

Seems pretty standard for that package above, no?

I had Bell Fibe 150 for a year on a similar package (but the PVR box was 4K and the deal came with three receivers), but Bell won't drop their price below $175 (plus tax).

So I said F it, and switched.
I got offered (and accepted):

Ignite Gigabit
One Nextbox HD receiver (not sure if its 1080p or 4k, also not PVR, I could have got it for another $5/mo but I don't need PVR)
Popular TV package
No netflix offer
home phone
$100 one time credit

$94.99/mo (plus tax)

At most you get $60 value out of the netflix offer, and an extra $100 one time credit ($160 total). Offer locked in for 24 months so roughly $6.67/mo over the term. I'd say you got screwed considering only 500u and an extra $40/mo.
Nov 4, 2011
571 posts
343 upvotes
YYZ
izarzuela wrote: By the way, the Rogers guy is using a Bell portal to check for postal code and availability. I asked why, and he said if there's a Bell infra, then there is Rogers as well. I think they are sharing the fiber?
It's unlikely they're sharing infrastructure, we've had Rogers gigabit in our area for 1-2 years now which comes through the coax lines. When we upgraded Rogers packages (25 Mbps to 500 Mbps) we just needed a new modem, but the existing infrastructure worked. We just had Bell fiber installed in our area and they ran new fiber lines to the edge of our house. If we wanted to get Bell Fiber service, we would need to have an installation done to connect the house to the fiber lines.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7365 posts
854 upvotes
TO
peteryorkuca wrote: Can't you get fido for 50% off?
I don't know if the speed/network is same as Rogers so afraid to try and having slow/no internet :( Like others with virgin internet were complaining but I understand they use Bell's backbone?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Aug 11, 2014
29 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got a call from +1 (855) 207-8315; claimed to be a Rogers’ Marketing Company;

Offered me 500mb plan for $25/month for first 12 months. Few more words and he offered 3 months free. I asked for a day to think about it and he chaned it to 6 free months if I can make up my mind today. Advised there will be a credit check.

I called Rogers to verify the number; They couldn’t find it. It must be a scam. Anybody got a call from this number?

Sharing in case you get a call too. Cheers!
Banned
Aug 31, 2018
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
sammual wrote: I got a call from +1 (855) 207-8315; claimed to be a Rogers’ Marketing Company;

Offered me 500mb plan for $25/month for first 12 months. Few more words and he offered 3 months free. I asked for a day to think about it and he chaned it to 6 free months if I can make up my mind today. Advised there will be a credit check.

I called Rogers to verify the number; They couldn’t find it. It must be a scam. Anybody got a call from this number?

You are right, that's not a Rogers number. Be careful guys!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31022 posts
16774 upvotes
Ottawa
sammual wrote: I got a call from +1 (855) 207-8315; claimed to be a Rogers’ Marketing Company;

Zedd Customer Solutions?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31022 posts
16774 upvotes
Ottawa
sammual wrote: Can’t recall the name.
It is likely them and they are legit.
Jan 2, 2012
181 posts
484 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Issameddin wrote: You are right, that's not a Rogers number. Be careful guys!
My friend got a call from SNP Data for the same plan. He installed it with them and its working fine for him. They gave him Rogers internet 500mbps for 24.99 and 3 months free
Jan 29, 2007
186 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
I'm getting 6 months free winback call. Haven't took the deal yet told them i'd think about it, but they didn't tell me whether the promotion is 12 months or 24 months.
Banned
Aug 31, 2018
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
noorrayan wrote: My friend got a call from SNP Data for the same plan. He installed it with them and its working fine for him. They gave him Rogers internet 500mbps for 24.99 and 3 months free
I see. I was talking about the phone number. It's not one of the Rogers numbers so it could be a third party. Always good to do due diligence and double-check.
Banned
Aug 31, 2018
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
ky.antz wrote: I'm getting 6 months free winback call. Haven't took the deal yet told them i'd think about it, but they didn't tell me whether the promotion is 12 months or 24 months.
12 months.
Jan 22, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Tumdace wrote: I got offered (and accepted):

Ignite Gigabit
One Nextbox HD receiver (not sure if its 1080p or 4k, also not PVR, I could have got it for another $5/mo but I don't need PVR)
Popular TV package
No netflix offer
home phone
$100 one time credit

$94.99/mo (plus tax)

At most you get $60 value out of the netflix offer, and an extra $100 one time credit ($160 total). Offer locked in for 24 months so roughly $6.67/mo over the term. I'd say you got screwed considering only 500u and an extra $40/mo.

Hey Tumdace, How long ago was this bundle offered to you and do you remember if it was a door to door sales guy or call from Rogers (if so which department) ?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1867 posts
560 upvotes
Mississauga
Issameddin wrote: That's really weird. All I can think of is that they just broke the policies to give you that promotion.
No.. it's the fact that I actually put in a cancellation which tiggers the winback to call and give you the deal.

No amount of talking to 1800rogers or retentions will get you anywhere.