Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Locked: Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 11:16 am
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KravenHead wrote: Ah so you approve charging seniors a higher price so you can save more? Miss Marguerite next door would not approve! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Cheers, KH
As Mikka2017 said, the majority of customers are fine with paying regular price for services, including Miss Marguerite. (And I'm not suggesting charging Miss Marguerite higher than regular price.)

RFDers work harder to negotiate discounts off the regular price. I'm fine with that. Gotta work harder for your money... Winking Face
Sep 26, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
Rogers called me today saying my 34.99 gigabit internet deal expires in a few months and asked me if I wanted to continue at $109.99. I told them I wouldnt even consider a deal that bad. They tried to tell me it was a great deal!. I said I would not be continuing with rogers if thats all they can offer
Apr 19, 2013
362 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: Ah so you approve charging seniors a higher price so you can save more? Miss Marguerite next door would not approve! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Cheers, KH
I can assure you that A LOT of seniors get deals like this....maybe Miss Marguerite is just like anyone else at any age, and didn't bother trying Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Seniors can be among the most aggressive age groups at times about threatening to cancel (why the heck I need this internet things anyway...I barely ever use it), or be completely shocked at the cost per month (I once bought a car back in the day, for what you are charging me each month :-).

Just joking in general, but I don't think you need to worry about the seniors too much. They also probably have a lot more time on their hands to deal with the multiple calls/hurdles in dealing with Rogers along the way Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 21, 2004
263 posts
303 upvotes
Moncton
I sent a message to the Roger's FB Chat, still haven't received a reply. I tried through the live chat on their website was only offered the same prices that were listed on their website, asked for a manager and he told me they have access to the same offers as him. I called in and tried again and the lady saw that I had spoken with somebody earlier that day on the live chat and offered me all the same offers.

Any suggestions on how to get this? I'm in Moncton, by the way. I messaged the Roger's FB about two days ago.
Last edited by MonChoon on Oct 27th, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4578 posts
2489 upvotes
You haven't followed what folks are telling works (provided Bell offers Fibe in your area) - CANCEL your service for end of the billing period. Then only will you be offered the above.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
MonChoon wrote: I tried through the love chat on their website
We're still talking about Rogers, right?
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Aug 21, 2004
263 posts
303 upvotes
Moncton
Webslinger wrote: We're still talking about Rogers, right?
Woops, I was on mobile and didn't catch that. I meant to say "live chat". It's been edited now, thank you :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
MonChoon wrote: I sent a message to the Roger's FB Chat, still haven't received a reply. I tried through the live chat on their website was only offered the same prices that were listed on their website, asked for a manager and he told me they have access to the same offers as him. I called in and tried again and the lady saw that I had spoken with somebody earlier that day on the live chat and offered me all the same offers.

Any suggestions on how to get this? I'm in Moncton, by the way. I messaged the Roger's FB about two days ago.
As has been said throughout the thread, you have to actually cancel the service before getting the good offers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
MonChoon wrote: Woops, I was on mobile and didn't catch that. I meant to say "live chat". It's been edited now
I like it better the way it was. Winking Face
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Aug 21, 2004
263 posts
303 upvotes
Moncton
tietherope wrote: As has been said throughout the thread, you have to actually cancel the service before getting the good offers.
Alright, I guess I thought that I read somewhere that it was for new customers also. What I understand now its more of a winback/retention offer? I am getting my service installed on November 1st so I will call to cancel after it's in and hope that they offer me some better deals.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
MonChoon wrote: Alright, I guess I thought that I read somewhere that it was for new customers also. What I understand now its more of a winback/retention offer? I am getting my service installed on November 1st so I will call to cancel after it's in and hope that they offer me some better deals.
From what I've seen the new sign ups that got it were either previously with Rogers, or in a specific area code.
Nov 23, 2004
416 posts
354 upvotes
Got $29.99 per month on with winback call...thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Vault88 wrote: Just made an account to say thanks. Just got the deal today!

-used online chat to try and cancel my account at end of billing cycle ( 3 weeks )
-online chat said there is nothing they can do and someone will call me to proceed with the termination of my account.
-got the call and they offered me 150u for $80/m said no and had proceeded with having my account canceled at end of cycle.
-3 hours later winback called and offered the 500u for $29.99 he wouldn't budge off that so I accepted for one year!

Huge savings for us and wife is about to go on mat leave so it's really helpful. Thanks again everyone!~
Thanks, what was your plan previous? Speed and money
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Revvd wrote: Got $29.99 per month on with winback call...thanks OP
You did the same method? Online chat, receive callback and cancel, receive winback callback?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
AlexJosh wrote: Got offered for 34.99/m for ignite 500 (new install), can I do better?
Wait, you called them as a completely new customer and they offered you $35/500u? What number did you call?
Oct 21, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
We were on 150u for $80/m
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
I live chat fido and asked to cancel in a week, they said you have to call on the day of cancellation? Is that correct?

I know rogers allows setting a future cancellation date, does fido not?
Sep 9, 2016
18 posts
6 upvotes
Has anyone scheduled a cancel but not get a winback call?
Mar 20, 2008
899 posts
132 upvotes
Shmock wrote: Has anyone scheduled a cancel but not get a winback call?
I got email to call them..
Nov 23, 2004
416 posts
354 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: You did the same method? Online chat, receive callback and cancel, receive winback callback?
Basically started by calling the customer service line, saying "I have three friends that recently got this..."...got the run-around saying this promo is not valid for my postal code, so I said to just cancel...I booked my cancellation date (which was 2 weeks from my call). Then about 2 days later got a call, and a subsequent email saying to call back for a winback offer. I called their special number this Saturday morning, and the explained that my "friends" got the $24.99 deal, so they pleasant agent from Ottawa said the best she could do was this $29.99 offer. I took it since it was still better than Carrytel's current promo.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)