Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] [Rogers] Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem $49.99 (YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2020 12:15 am
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 7, 2013
34 posts
54 upvotes
Brampton

[Rogers] [Rogers] Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem $49.99 (YMMV)

Called in today to upgrade to Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem for $49.99 ($39.99 + Modem fee $10) for one year. Not sure if it's a great deal but thought some one could benefit from this post.
572 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10870 posts
2769 upvotes
Scarberia
Which modem is this? white thick brick or new black model? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
552 upvotes
M1C
Godfather83 wrote: Called in today to upgrade to Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem for $49.99 ($39.99 + Modem fee $10) for one year. Not sure if it's a great deal but thought some one could benefit from this post.
What was your previous service? How long are you with Rogers?
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
352 posts
399 upvotes
I'm still on the gigabit $35 deal. It expires in 2 months. I assume this is what they will offer as a retention deal, and if thats the case its 'meh' at best.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 7, 2013
34 posts
54 upvotes
Brampton
Soichiro wrote: What was your previous service? How long are you with Rogers?
500 mbps = $44.99 (including $10 modem fee)..
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
352 posts
399 upvotes
Godfather83 wrote: 500 mbps = $44.99 (including $10 modem fee)..
$5 more for gigabit. This is consistent with deals that sales agents have offered over the years.

Basically your best bet is to keep 500mbps until near the end of your term. Most likely they will offer you this same gigabit deal again at that time, and that way you get the most 'time' out of your Rogers promos.
(then again, I could be wrong)
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 7, 2013
34 posts
54 upvotes
Brampton
NinjaSaves wrote: $5 more for gigabit. This is consistent with deals that sales agents have offered over the years.

Basically your best bet is to keep 500mbps until near the end of your term. Most likely they will offer you this same gigabit deal again at that time, and that way you get the most 'time' out of your Rogers promos.
(then again, I could be wrong)
Correct, I took this promo since my term was expiring with 500 mbps and $5 more for double the speed didn't seem too much
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2003
861 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
NinjaSaves wrote: I'm still on the gigabit $35 deal. It expires in 2 months. I assume this is what they will offer as a retention deal, and if thats the case its 'meh' at best.
Does your bill tells your that your offer $35, expires in 2 months?
Newbie
Dec 4, 2009
38 posts
16 upvotes
Woodstock
NinjaSaves wrote: I'm still on the gigabit $35 deal. It expires in 2 months. I assume this is what they will offer as a retention deal, and if thats the case its 'meh' at best.
No, this is a great deal right now. Unlike other years, internet is essential given the pandemic. Rogers and most internet providers are generally not giving out discounts in the current environment. Retention deals are limited also, if you even get them.
Newbie
Jul 4, 2012
21 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Lucky you. The scammers at Rogers are charging me 95$ for the same plan just because Fibe is not available at my address yet. I swear, the day Fibe is available I'll ditch them after being with them for 20 years.

They don't even show you the price of Internet packages on their web site now.

Scam artists.
Member
Mar 7, 2017
358 posts
133 upvotes
thanks, chatting with them now and seeing if i could get this price, currently on gigabit for $59.99/month,
don't mind saving $10/month.
Newbie
Sep 21, 2017
99 posts
184 upvotes
I am $33.89 taxes in 500u plan which is expiring in 2 months and they offed me $56.49 taxes in. Have to try again through FB chat for a better price.
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
352 posts
399 upvotes
xjune9x wrote: Does your bill tells your that your offer $35, expires in 2 months?
Once you start getting close to your expiry date, your bills will show an alert box like so (see attached)
This is seen in both the PDF/mail and web-displayed versions of the bill, so you can't miss it if you're paying attention to your bills.

Last year I was in the same scenario as the OP, and got offered a plan that is $5 more for a year of gigabit.
Best case scenario is they offer me the same plan as I have now for the same price (which will probably go up in price next year anyway)
Would rather not pay more than $50 though. Worst case is they offer something stupid like $80/mo for gigabit
Images
  • Bp6HVraylh-120167581.png
  • QRx1Yra8NQ-745684444.png
Newbie
Aug 5, 2019
71 posts
64 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: thanks, chatting with them now and seeing if i could get this price, currently on gigabit for $59.99/month,
don't mind saving $10/month.
I have the same price plan. I just got off the phone with them. They did not budge.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)