Expired Hot Deals

Rogers

[Rogers] Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem $49.99 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2021 3:47 pm
Oct 21, 2005
610 posts
85 upvotes
London
mikebmt wrote: Tried and failed. I have 3 services with Rogers and I've been with them for I think 4 years.

Currently my internet is 300u with modem for $54.99. They wouldn't budge.
From rogers point of view, since you're a loyal customer, why would they want to give you more discount.
Did you do the rogers dance (i.e. say the magic word "cancel")?
Oct 17, 2016
35 posts
17 upvotes
I have had terrible experience with these rogers deals... a salesman came in to our condo in 2018 and offered 500u for $30/month... He told us that the prices wouldn't increase. best deal ever right?
In terms of speed, i actually got ~ 150mbps on average, 70mpbs at worst at around 7-10pm everyday.

But as I've seen countless posts about rogers, they silently increased their prices to $150/month after 2 years. After spending hours trying to contact through email/online chat/phone I managed to get them down to $60, with the catch that it was a 12 month long discount, after which the prices would increase again. I left Rogers a couple of months later and have never looked back.

Never trust Ro(b)ers to honor their prices long term !!
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1675 posts
1462 upvotes
JamesMasters wrote: I have had terrible experience with these rogers deals... a salesman came in to our condo in 2018 and offered 500u for $30/month... He told us that the prices wouldn't increase. best deal ever right?
In terms of speed, i actually got ~ 150mbps on average, 70mpbs at worst at around 7-10pm everyday.

But as I've seen countless posts about rogers, they silently increased their prices to $150/month after 2 years. After spending hours trying to contact through email/online chat/phone I managed to get them down to $60, with the catch that it was a 12 month long discount, after which the prices would increase again. I left Rogers a couple of months later and have never looked back.

Never trust Ro(b)ers to honor their prices long term !!
Who did you switch to?
Nov 13, 2018
842 posts
1879 upvotes
bfoot wrote: From rogers point of view, since you're a loyal customer, why would they want to give you more discount.
Did you do the rogers dance (i.e. say the magic word "cancel")?
Not yet. That'll get flexxed in August when my deal ends.

You could say the same thing from Koodo. I've been with them for like 12 years, and they gave me $30 for 5gig. Not everyone is backwards.
Oct 17, 2016
35 posts
17 upvotes
https://standardbroadband.ca/

They rely on DSL and are slower than what Bell and Rogers give, but I've been with them for 7+ years before and I went back to them now.
Their prices have been rock steady and I get exactly the speed I pay for, even in 'busy' hours of the day.
Mar 31, 2009
255 posts
353 upvotes
I am having similar issues with Bell.
Had a very good "introductory" deal for two years and now need to fight to keep at least some of my incentives.
I was a Rogers customer before switching to Bell. Looks that I will need to switch back to Rogers for a while to get the "new customer" treatment and discounts .
It is unfortunate a customer needs to go through this process every few years to get a decent deal from these companies.
The absurd is that two weeks after switching to Bell (after Rogers refusing to provide any incentive to me as an existing customer) Rogers offered me "win back" pricing which they refused to provide just weeks before.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18439 posts
5387 upvotes
Toronto
CheapMang wrote: I am in downtown condo. If you are in a house, your only option is Bell Fibre.
gei wrote: A condo. Correct it is only available in condos.
Thank you for the information. I'm in a house and Bell Fibe was so much more than Rogers so I renegotiated with Rogers at the end of February before the lockdown.
Oct 16, 2014
95 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BananaWeed wrote: I was on 150u for $44.99 and was offered gigabit internet for $54.99 so I took it. Condo in West Toronto
How much time did u have before your promo expires?
Did u get that deal by chatting on website or Facebook or by calling in? Did u get an offer without threatening to cancel?
Probably Fiberstream is available in your condo also that's why rogers has low priced offers.
Did u just say hi my promo is about to expire what can u offer me or how did the conversation to get to 54.99?
Thx
Last edited by tomika7 on May 21st, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 24, 2018
157 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
BananaWeed wrote: I was on 150u for $44.99 and was offered gigabit internet for $54.99 so I took it. Condo in West Toronto
how's your speed after upgrade to gigabit?? I did the same speed bump from 165 -> 250 only. so I called, tech came ... hook up direct from modem to outside ....same (~250) . Rogers think it's the modem (I have the CODA-4582U) , they are sending a new one... but I don't have much hope... I should have take to 500u one
Aug 16, 2011
147 posts
28 upvotes
Brampton
I got the exact deal the OP stated. I was at 500u for $24.99+taxes. Deal was expiring at the end of this month. I called to cancel two days ago. Got a call this afternoon from retentions. The offer was $56 for Gigabit, taxes in. $5 less if I wanted 500u. I chose the Gigabit deal. This may be location specific so YMMV. I am in Woodbridge.
Jul 23, 2008
196 posts
116 upvotes
I have gigabit internet for $45 right now and received a notice that my deal is ending in June, but that I would get a new "promotion" at $65 monthly for 12 months.

I don't actually have the bell fibe postal code but was somehow able to get the previous deal. I'm wondering if I should even bother or just stick with the $65. Who knows if they end up removing that deal too if I call in.
Oct 16, 2014
95 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dilr86 wrote: I have gigabit internet for $45 right now and received a notice that my deal is ending in June, but that I would get a new "promotion" at $65 monthly for 12 months.

I don't actually have the bell fibe postal code but was somehow able to get the previous deal. I'm wondering if I should even bother or just stick with the $65. Who knows if they end up removing that deal too if I call in.
What do you mean by received a notice?
Did you get an email asking if you want to accept this new deal or what was the notice?
Can you please be more detailed.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1266 posts
243 upvotes
Maplecountry wrote: I terminated 15 years of my relationship with Robbers after they refused to give me any offers back in March. (account in good standing in all these years). I cancelled my service and cut the cord. They didn't even call back. I'm now on Fido 150/20 service ($55/mo) and usually gets 250/20 on WiFi. Couldn't be happier. To hell with Robbers !
You are still with Rogers since they own Fido... but happy you got better price ....
Oct 16, 2014
95 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dadealmeister wrote: I got the exact deal the OP stated. I was at 500u for $24.99+taxes. Deal was expiring at the end of this month. I called to cancel two days ago. Got a call this afternoon from retentions. The offer was $56 for Gigabit, taxes in. $5 less if I wanted 500u. I chose the Gigabit deal. This may be location specific so YMMV. I am in Woodbridge.
Did you just call regular 1888ROGERS1 to cancel?
Did you get any offer at the time of cancel?
What is the phone number that called you from winback?
Thx
Jul 23, 2008
196 posts
116 upvotes
tomika7 wrote: What do you mean by received a notice?
Did you get an email asking if you want to accept this new deal or what was the notice?
Can you please be more detailed.
I received an email saying it would automatically be changed to this promotion when my current one expired. I would also not have to call in, and just needed to keep using the internet.
Oct 16, 2014
95 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dilr86 wrote: I received an email saying it would automatically be changed to this promotion when my current one expired. I would also not have to call in, and just needed to keep using the internet.
That's amazing I would take it in a heartbeat.
If you have no bell in your area and u got that for gigabit that's amazing.
Forget what you had those $25-$35 plans never gonna happen again.
Aug 16, 2011
147 posts
28 upvotes
Brampton
tomika7 wrote: Did you just call regular 1888ROGERS1 to cancel?
Did you get any offer at the time of cancel?
What is the phone number that called you from winback?
Thx
I called the Senior Support Centre at 18667374159. When I first called they offered me $79 for 500u. I told them to hit the road and placed my cancellation order. The phone number that called me was 18666227578. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2272 posts
1045 upvotes
So I used my address to check for bell pure fibre eligibility and I got this message :

While fibre doesn’t go right to your home, it reaches the neighbourhood where

Anyone know if I can use this to leverage a better deal? Would robbers know?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
6494 posts
2632 upvotes
bestknightmare wrote: So I used my address to check for bell pure fibre eligibility and I got this message :

While fibre doesn’t go right to your home, it reaches the neighbourhood where

Anyone know if I can use this to leverage a better deal? Would robbers know?
I get only up to 50u Fibe to my house, I can't leverage that for jack from Rogers.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky