Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] [Rogers] Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem $49.99 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 6:55 pm
Oct 16, 2014
95 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hollandmoon wrote: Just got $49.99/mo for 500U as a new customer from Rogers Business if that helps anyone.
More details would help
What number did u call?
Were you with rogers already?
Are u in a condo or house?
Ect..
Feb 26, 2007
133 posts
184 upvotes
31337hacker wrote: Yeah, I'm not even gonna bother calling them now. Looks like it's Start for me unless Bell offers 500 or gigabit in my neighbourhood.

Start internet costs way more than Rogers. Your decision to go with them is curious.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16757 posts
3091 upvotes
Toronto
HoangL059280 wrote: anyone got experience with beanfield and teksavvy? please help me some feedback? thanks!
The only people I know who have beanfield live in a Toronto condo. Don't know of any Toronto residents living in a house that have beanfield.
Jun 25, 2014
5 posts
3 upvotes
East York, ON
OongaLoonga wrote: What's your area / postal code?
Vaughn/Maple, Ontario ... the service is available in my area.
Jul 14, 2018
356 posts
402 upvotes
darkspider wrote: Im paying 1gb for 105 + tax. how are you guys getting lower offers? I have bell fibe 1gb in my area too.

Tried the winback trick and they didnt bite.
Well say you were to switch to Bell Fibe. You would cancel your Rogers service.
Back in the day, the trick was to schedule a cancellation date with Rogers a few weeks in advance, then wait for an email inviting you to call the winback dept.
But they're saying this doesn't work anymore. So now your best bet would be to wait a bit until the big providers start offering good promotions again and try to get offers from both at that time. Bell did offer their gigabit for $55 (I think) in the past.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1717 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto
djdestroyer wrote: I ave gig + cable with basically every channel and it comes to $134 after tax and everything. Am I getting hosed?
I have gigabit, popular tv, and home phone for $171 after tax. Chatted with them and they said im already getting a good deal lol, I didnt even know I was on contract until september
Dec 18, 2007
266 posts
354 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I don't get what up with Rogers everyone that call get different deal and plan what the heck? We want this deal why they keep recommending us something different that cost more. And say this deal don't exist. Hate calling Rogers over and over waiting on hold forever and get nothing good.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
1399 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
i am on Rogers 500u for $39.54 taxes in (i think they increased by $4 a few months ago for all plans)

I used Live Chat last September to try to get them to renew the same deal from a year ago. I told them nicely that I don't want to waste his time as he said he was not able to give me the same deal. I just told him to cancel the service is 2 weeks and i will go to Bell or Fido. He went away for a minute and came back and said he can offer the same deal.

I will have to contact them in August to repeat this process. Hopefully other places have good deals to make the process easier. No issue with the 500u services with all the Zoom sessions and video chats/devices going on with the kids being home.
Penalty Box
Dec 20, 2004
5280 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
HoangL059280 wrote: anyone got experience with beanfield and teksavvy? please help me some feedback? thanks!
Beanfield is spectacular and if the option is available for you then it is there is absolutely no other choice to make. You will legit get 1gbps up AND down for $50 a month.

Even if you could score that with Rogers (which is very unlikely), you would only get 1gbps down and 30mbps up, and of course much greater latency. Beanfield is FTTH - meaning they pull fiber optic cable right into your unit and install a fiber modem.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
777 upvotes
centre of universe
ShadowsOfZexal wrote: I got this for 34.99 a month
good. you lucky guy. How can I get this?
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
Jan 13, 2017
678 posts
294 upvotes
Spoke to Rogers on facebook messenger last night told them that my internet and tv package was up in early June. They wouldn't budge on tv and internet package and the price would be $145 after tax. Currently have the premier tv and 1 gigabit internet.

So, i inquired about how much would internet alone be.....They offered it to me for $49.99 + tax. And then I asked how much for 1 gigabit? They responded $59.99+ tax. That means approximately two thirds of the $145 after tax is the cost of the premier tv package.

I will take the 1 gigabit internet, but will hold out until closer to my contract expires, reason being i am still looking for a discount on the tv side.. They have this logged in my account and the internet price would be good until my contract is up.

The best way to contact I say is to use messenger.

I live in the Durham region. And no Bell fibe optic in my area, so only Rogers......Hope this helps.
Sep 17, 2009
181 posts
25 upvotes
After reading this thread, I just realized that I am getting totally ripped off from Rogers
I have Ignite 150 and pay $100.99 - $30.00 Ignite Offer = $80.99 + tax = $91.52

I'm not a real RFD'er
Sep 9, 2012
241 posts
182 upvotes
Ottawa
cager wrote: After reading this thread, I just realized that I am getting totally ripped off from Rogers
I have Ignite 150 and pay $100.99 - $30.00 Ignite Offer = $80.99 + tax = $91.52

I'm not a real RFD'er
Right there with you man. No worse feeling than thinking you got a good deal, go through RFD, and realise you got ripped off.

Call'em back, get in touch on Facebook, ask for a lower price.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16757 posts
3091 upvotes
Toronto
ShadowsOfZexal wrote: I got this for 34.99 a month
Where are you located? Are you in a house or condo?

Please share. Thanks.