Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] [Rogers] Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem $49.99 (YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2020 12:15 am
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32739 posts
18513 upvotes
Ottawa
Jokerpersona wrote: Unlimited, yeah right.

Don't fall for the marketing term. It's not unlimited.
Are you hosting a server?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2541 posts
843 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
How are people still able to schedule a cancellation for further than 7 days? Did my Rogers CS agent lie to me? Couldn't be!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 4, 2003
1036 posts
124 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: How are people still able to schedule a cancellation for further than 7 days? Did my Rogers CS agent lie to me? Couldn't be!
I was told it's 30 days. I made cancellation request for 29 days ahead. But win back call only offered same increase as offered throught online chat prior to cancellation.
Newbie
Oct 16, 2014
93 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
skywalker wrote: I was told it's 30 days. I made cancellation request for 29 days ahead. But win back call only offered same increase as offered throught online chat prior to cancellation.
Yes he lied. You can cancel any time for any date.
What if you are traveling (regular times not covid times) and you don't have time to call back because you will be in Africa or anywhere...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2011
604 posts
478 upvotes
British Columbia
Can we fix this forum so that when something has -50 thumbs up it doesn’t remain the number 3 hottest deal of the week for several weeks.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
766 upvotes
centre of universe
The Tee Daught wrote: Can we fix this forum so that when something has -50 thumbs up it doesn’t remain the number 3 hottest deal of the week for several weeks.
may be thumbs up/down is so useless? I like the deal by the way.
Last edited by callernamet on May 30th, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32739 posts
18513 upvotes
Ottawa
Jokerpersona wrote: No, but also irrelevant.

Is it unlimited only if using for Netflix? Unlimited if not using a server? Unlimited if not backing up pictures?

Or does unlimited mean unlimited?
Fair usage policy...I think it's meantioned somewhere in the ToS?
Newbie
Sep 21, 2017
5 posts
6 upvotes
I had a promo for gig internet from last year for $50 which went up to $55 this year. It ended last week and went up to $80 so I called in and cancelled when talking to the reps I was calm and firm that I was cancelling due to price and that I can't afford the new price now. They both said there was nothing they can offer that was better then what I was currently paying but I said I want to cancel. They advised I may be contacted by another team before my cancellation date which I set at the end of my billing cycle.
I received an email the next day and a call from that team I repeated why I was canceling and that I had a budget for the old fee of $55 and if they could not offer that I would still need to cancel. The rep offered me the same plan and updated to the new plan same day.

so my advise be firm and calm and mention you cant afford due to not working.
Sr. Member
May 20, 2003
518 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
What’s the point in canceling other than playing chicken with Rogers? My agent told me that any new provider will automatically cause my existing service to get cancelled.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32739 posts
18513 upvotes
Ottawa
davext wrote: What’s the point in canceling other than playing chicken with Rogers? My agent told me that any new provider will automatically cause my existing service to get cancelled.
Only if you authorize a transfer.
Prior to signing up for my current gigabit retention deal, I had Carrytel for a week.
Sr. Member
Dec 30, 2007
761 posts
152 upvotes
Was able to upgrade to Gigabit from 500u for another $2.26. I was paying $121.96 for Premiere tv package, Crave + Movies + HBO and 500u internet. I just have until December for this pricing. I doubt I will ever get a deal like this again.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2541 posts
843 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
timberland29 wrote: Was able to upgrade to Gigabit from 500u for another $2.26. I was paying $121.96 for Premiere tv package, Crave + Movies + HBO and 500u internet. I just have until December for this pricing. I doubt I will ever get a deal like this again.
Only until December? So weird but great deal!
Sr. Member
Dec 30, 2007
761 posts
152 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: Only until December? So weird but great deal!
Thats because My promo originally started in December 2019. So they said they couldn't extend it. On my wired connections Im getting about 920 Mbps down and about 32 Mbps up. Im gonna get some cat6 cables and see if that improves the speed, currently using cat5e cables.
Newbie
May 29, 2020
1 posts
Can anyone confirm they received this deal in Toronto or the GTA? I called and they said not the GTA and this plan doesn't exist. I'm paying $79.99 for this plan.. month to month... thanks!
Newbie
Oct 16, 2014
93 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thenewking79 wrote: I had a promo for gig internet from last year for $50 which went up to $55 this year. It ended last week and went up to $80 so I called in and cancelled when talking to the reps I was calm and firm that I was cancelling due to price and that I can't afford the new price now. They both said there was nothing they can offer that was better then what I was currently paying but I said I want to cancel. They advised I may be contacted by another team before my cancellation date which I set at the end of my billing cycle.
I received an email the next day and a call from that team I repeated why I was canceling and that I had a budget for the old fee of $55 and if they could not offer that I would still need to cancel. The rep offered me the same plan and updated to the new plan same day.

so my advise be firm and calm and mention you cant afford due to not working.
Good for you!!!
What number did the call came from?

Top