Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] [Rogers] Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited + Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem $49.99 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2020 12:15 am
Jan 2, 2009
645 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Onemax2 wrote: Was able to get the following deal today via online chat on Rogers.com. My deal was for business internet and I went through business chat.
Business Ignite 500u
$49.99/mth
Term was 36 months but price is fixed for the entire term.
I know the term is long but it works for our business at this price.
($20/mth early cancellation fee)
Was there any specific deal you asked for?
Mar 14, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
vintr wrote: Was there any specific deal you asked for?
I asked if any promotions were available as our account credits just expired. At first she offered me 150u for $54.99, 500u for $69.99 or 1GB for $79.99 all on a 2 yr term. I mentioned that I was having trouble deciding between the 150 and 500 but wished the 500u was a bit cheaper and she came back with $49.99 on a 3 yr term.
Nov 16, 2013
309 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
lithiumli wrote: My 1 gigabit at 39.99 (for the pass 2 years) expires on July 22. So I called on Monday to set a cancelation for July 21. Got an email yesterday to call customer care. I left a message and they called me today saying they can do 1 gigabit for 49.99+tax or 500 for 44.99 I told him to call me tomorrow for me to call me tomorrow so I can think about which offer I want.
Wow $44.99 is the lowest I've seen here so far for current offers. They won't give me less than $56.99 and I'm in a new condo wired for fiber (going to get Beanfield 1GB up 1 GB down for $50 in a couple weeks). Admittedly I haven't put a cancellation through to Rogers but I'm just feeling done with playing these games.
Oct 16, 2014
93 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
n31290 wrote: Wow $44.99 is the lowest I've seen here so far for current offers. They won't give me less than $56.99 and I'm in a new condo wired for fiber (going to get Beanfield 1GB up 1 GB down for $50 in a couple weeks). Admittedly I haven't put a cancellation through to Rogers but I'm just feeling done with playing these games.

Ya do the math.
Beamfield is 50$ also you pay 50$ for install which is the price of your extra 5$ for almost a year.
You need to get a router a decent one probably starts around 150$ that's another 2 years of your 5$ incraise.
So beamfield is 5$cheaper after 2-3 years.

Don't get me wrong I would take beamfield in a heartbeat if it's available in my condo...
But just trying to explain you how you won't save anything for 2-3 years compared to your 56.99.
Also make sure you buy a router with AC1750 or higher or your speeds won't be anywhere close to 1000.
Nov 16, 2013
309 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
tomika7 wrote: Ya do the math.
Beamfield is 50$ also you pay 50$ for install which is the price of your extra 5$ for almost a year.
You need to get a router a decent one probably starts around 150$ that's another 2 years of your 5$ incraise.
So beamfield is 5$cheaper after 2-3 years.

Don't get me wrong I would take beamfield in a heartbeat if it's available in my condo...
But just trying to explain you how you won't save anything for 2-3 years compared to your 56.99.
Also make sure you buy a router with AC1750 or higher or your speeds won't be anywhere close to 1000.
Beanfield is risk free now - no fee for install or modem rental and it comes with an extra wifi extender thing. Gonna take my chances. Rogers service has never been that good for me anyway. With Beanfield I won't have to worry about price increases.

EDIT: I should have also said Bell Fibe is offering me $50 for 1gbps too but they always have price increases too - though I'd always pick Bell Fibe over Rogers; it was blazing fast when I had it for a year and everything connected seamlessly!!!
Last edited by n31290 on Jun 7th, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 30, 2018
166 posts
117 upvotes
Onemax2 wrote: Was able to get the following deal today via online chat on Rogers.com. My deal was for business internet and I went through business chat.
Business Ignite 500u
$49.99/mth
Term was 36 months but price is fixed for the entire term.
I know the term is long but it works for our business at this price.
($20/mth early cancellation fee)
Sorry if this has been asked.
How does one get a business internet line?
Is there any negative consequence to doing this for home usage?
Last edited by Dealshark3 on Jun 7th, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 14, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
The plan I'm on is for business because our location is a commercial property and Rogers wouldn't provide residential plans at our location. I'm not sure if you can get a business plan at a residential address.

Pro:
At least for our business plan, the price won't increase as we are in a fixed contract for 36 mths (we just finished a two year term and never had any increases).

Cons:
You are in a contract that can't be cancelled without a $20/MTH cancelation fee on the remaining months in your term.
If you move locations and Rogers isn't available in that new location you still have to pay the cancelation fee.
Negotiating a new deal when still under contact is difficult because they know you can't cancel without paying a fee.
Apr 5, 2019
25 posts
2 upvotes
My internet promo ends Aug 2nd, when should I be calling Rogers to negotiate?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3425 posts
624 upvotes
moh786 wrote: My internet promo ends Aug 2nd, when should I be calling Rogers to negotiate?
IIRC some people said a month before to leave time to go with another ISP
Feb 19, 2008
138 posts
7 upvotes
Hey were u offered anything??
k_jai wrote: I haven't yet. I'm wondering if I should reach out to them... my cancellation kicks in on Friday and haven't seen anything come through from Rogers. I cancelled via Facebook Chat 2 weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1748 posts
474 upvotes
So I got mailed this, is this still the old white hitron modem?

DOCSIS 3.1 Gateway-CODA4582U
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1748 posts
474 upvotes
diav wrote: Yes I think so. White Hitron one is CODA-4582: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... e-coda4582

Got the "new" hitron today but it is clearly a refurbished because the lid is off white color and a spot of dark scratch stain on it...... Not sure if I want to replace my pure white modem.

On the other hand my Asus a86u router arrived, will see if it improves

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

dgriffiths