Expired Hot Deals

Rogers

[Rogers & Samsung] Free Samsung Chromebook 4 with purchase exclusively from Rogers

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 8:44 pm
[OP]
Sep 18, 2017
89 posts
230 upvotes

[Rogers] [Rogers & Samsung] Free Samsung Chromebook 4 with purchase exclusively from Rogers

Purchase Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G between August 5-17, 2021 and register for a free Samsung Chromebook 4.

Valid from Aug 05. 2021 ~ Aug 17. 2021

I guess Samsung wants people buying "old" phones since they will release new devices this Wednesday.

The free Chromebook is the Samsung Galaxy Samsung Chromebook 4 XE310XBA-K01CA. Currently on sale for $259.99 on Samsung website: https://www.samsung.com/ca/pc/chromeboo ... xba-k01ca/
17 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16858 posts
4630 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
The chromebook looks gorgeous though.

Bit of a MacBook pro feel
Jul 9, 2005
216 posts
266 upvotes
I know it's marketed as a Rogers deals, but I'm not reading anything in the fineprint stating you need to get a contract. Any reason why you couldn't just buy the phone off Samsung's website and get this deal?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1737 posts
958 upvotes
patratcan wrote: I know it's marketed as a Rogers deals, but I'm not reading anything in the fineprint stating you need to get a contract. Any reason why you couldn't just buy the phone off Samsung's website and get this deal?
Buying from Rogers is great if you have access to the EPP portal. EPP gets the laptop, $150 in credits 15gb data for $82/month on an edge (lease) plan for a S21 Ultra 256 gb. Flip 3 should be cheaper, probably im the 65/month range. Byod is $50 /month for 15gb.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
2424 posts
2461 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: The chromebook looks gorgeous though.

Bit of a MacBook pro feel
Save the headache and buy it when it goes on sale. Cheaper than investing in an old phone.
Aug 12, 2021
5 posts
5 upvotes
My Rogers contract has been finished for nearly a year and i've been waiting on a phone I wanted until I renewed. Would you recommend I jump on this chromebook offering? Or wait a few weeks until the back to school specials are going? Was thinkin about the Samsung Fold 3, but I really want microsd capability, so I'll go with the Note 20 Ultra (currently have a Note 9) to hold me over for a few years. If I got the phone now, I would just sell the Chromebook to for cash.

Rogers wants $55 per month on top of my bill for the phone (regular financing, not upfront edge). Should I wait for the phone to come down further with better back to school plans in the coming weeks?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Apr 4, 2017
589 posts
463 upvotes
Any reviews on the Chromebook. Is it worth the hassle of switching to Rogers to get a Chromebook?
What about resale value? Is there any value reselling on Kijiji (or not worth the hassle)
Dec 20, 2017
49 posts
13 upvotes
Fraser Valley
just got call from rogers.

upgraded to s21 ultra 5g - 128gb
for $21.25 a month with upfront edge. $570 at end if i want to keep the phone. (or $45 per month)
$50 bill credit
free chromebook

got to keep my plan which is $45 for 25GB but I also have 10% off on the plan, which they said will stay.
so $40.50 for plan
Sep 19, 2014
131 posts
95 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
YXXabby wrote: just got call from rogers.

upgraded to s21 ultra 5g - 128gb
for $21.25 a month with upfront edge. $570 at end if i want to keep the phone. (or $45 per month)
$50 bill credit
free chromebook

got to keep my plan which is $45 for 25GB but I also have 10% off on the plan, which they said will stay.
so $40.50 for plan
Damn you got a nice deal !

I also leased a S21 Ultra 128gb with 15+5GB infinite plan thru rogers EPP ( Thanks perkopolis / Canadian tire MC WE) for something around 78$/month + tx. Same thing, free laptop , 570$ if you want to keep the phone.

I wasn't planning on upgrading my phone but this is a killer deal for an excellent phone
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
599 upvotes
Brandon
I am currently rocking an LG G7 Thinq, With a $80 Infinite +15 plan. Do have a rentention $15 credit each month on bill. On the Rogers app on my phone it says can get the Note 20 5G Ultra phone for $39.17/mo with free Chromebook. Should I take advantage of it or will be better to wait for another offer?
Feb 4, 2016
148 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone received their chromebook? I did the registration process and everything but have not received any indication when I'll receive it.
Aug 10, 2013
9 posts
13 upvotes
Brampton
You can call the number on attached and just quote the promo code. I don't think they double check if you were previously with Rogers. They were offering S21 for $30 per month and Chromebook. Yiu get to keep the phone after 2 years. You can negotiate to waive off $50 activation fees. Deal not available over chat, you have to call. I am in Ontario, not sure about other provinces.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Aug 10, 2013
9 posts
13 upvotes
Brampton
pvagos wrote: My Rogers contract has been finished for nearly a year and i've been waiting on a phone I wanted until I renewed. Would you recommend I jump on this chromebook offering? Or wait a few weeks until the back to school specials are going? Was thinkin about the Samsung Fold 3, but I really want microsd capability, so I'll go with the Note 20 Ultra (currently have a Note 9) to hold me over for a few years. If I got the phone now, I would just sell the Chromebook to for cash.

Rogers wants $55 per month on top of my bill for the phone (regular financing, not upfront edge). Should I wait for the phone to come down further with better back to school plans in the coming weeks?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
See my post above and call the number. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
599 upvotes
Brandon
I assume it's too late to take advantage of the offer then?

I just wish since the Note 20 Plus Ultra monthly costs were cheaper at least. At least you can still use microsd cards on that device....
Jul 9, 2005
216 posts
266 upvotes
Is the best place to take advantage of this deal through Costco? I noticed they also offer a 250$ costco gift card, free earbuds, and car charger...

Anyone knows of a better deal?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1737 posts
958 upvotes
kehfun wrote: Has anyone received their chromebook? I did the registration process and everything but have not received any indication when I'll receive it.
I received my confirmation on August 25th. Apparently shipping takes 6-8 weeks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)