Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Samsung S6 $150 on Smart Picks Plan

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2015 2:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver

[Rogers Wireless] Samsung S6 $150 on Smart Picks Plan

Price:
250
More offers from Rogers Wireless
Was at the Rogers store and they had a promo for Samsung S6 at $250. My grandfathered 6gb smart picks plan qualified and can get the S6 for $250. S6 Edge however is $499. It used to be $450 for smart picks, so for those who are still in 6GB plans or any grandfathered smart picks plan, you can upgrade for $250 now. Share Everything price is $199, so that's obviously not worth it. Works for new activations as well. I rather pay extra $50 and save $20 a month over going with share everything.

EDIT: Even better deal. My rep just called me back. It's now $98 for S6 on smart picks. I'm going to add my dad's line and get this offer! This is for Walmart, so specific Walmart offer. Rogers is still $249.

EDIT: Deal expired. One day deal on July 29. Now it's $150 on NAC, $250 on HUP.
110 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1699 posts
1593 upvotes
bomiheko wrote: Was at the Rogers store and they had a promo for Samsung S6 at $250. My grandfathered 6gb smart picks plan qualified and can get the S6 for $250. S6 Edge however is $499. It used to be $450 for smart picks, so for those who are still in 6GB plans or any grandfathered smart picks plan, you can upgrade for $250 now. Share Everything price is $199, so that's obviously not worth it. Works for new activations as well. I rather pay extra $50 and save $20 a month over going with share everything.
man, 250 on contract is steep, my rule is if its on contract, get the phone for 0.

They want me to commit to them for 2 years AND pay upfront for the phone?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 23, 2008
7269 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
bigmackKFT wrote: man, 250 on contract is steep, my rule is if its on contract, get the phone for 0.

They want me to commit to them for 2 years AND pay upfront for the phone?
You don't pay for the phone up front, you pay 1/3rd of the phone up front, 2/3rd is paid over the 2 years in $20 monthly payments.
They could increase the monthly payment to $30 and than you wouldn't have to pay anything up front, but than people would be complaining about the already astronomical monthly service fees

If you want the S6 for $0 up front ($500 on the 2 years contract) just wait a few months until they drop the price on it. By the time the S7 is out this should be around $500
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1487 posts
943 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I totally agree that 250$ + 20$ a month is too much. In my perception, if i agree to give you 20$ a month for 2 year, i will not pay the total cost of the phone over these 2 years. There must be a advantage to commit to a contract. But its me. Android phones lose value so fast....I prefer saving money, pay upfront and keep my liberty and my negociation power. For the moment, im under contract with a note 4 and i pay 10$ a month for the phone with 0 dollars upfront but they made a lot of promotions during holidays so i was lucky.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1699 posts
1593 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote: You don't pay for the phone up front, you pay 1/3rd of the phone up front, 2/3rd is paid over the 2 years in $20 monthly payments.
They could increase the monthly payment to $30 and than you wouldn't have to pay anything up front, but than people would be complaining about the already astronomical monthly service fees


Thanks, I think I , and most already know how getting a phone contract works

I said MY rule is if im to be get into any sort of contract, not to pay a dime upfront. im going to PAY to keep LOCKED into an 80 dollar a month contract
Call it 20, Call it 15, call it whatever. They're taking 80 bucks ( on a new contract) for service and phone cost. That's ridiculous X a thousand
their profit margins are huge, period.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 23, 2008
7269 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
bigmackKFT wrote: I said MY rule is if im to be get into any sort of contract, not to pay a dime upfront.
Of course, I was just saying if you want to follow your rule you have to pick a phone that is $500 or under.
The S6 is an expensive device because it is still pretty new.
Best to buy these phones outright and not to be locked into any sort of contract. All these newer plans are way too expensive and offer much less year after year.
Steam: SpectralMeat
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
Wait, but you won't be paying the extra $20 a month cause its not a share everything plan. That's the deal here. I rather pay $250 on smart picks plan and keep my plan, then pay extra $20 ($60 extra for 6gb plan on my situation) a month for $0 phone.

You can buy the phone outright, $750 no thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1699 posts
1593 upvotes
bomiheko wrote: Wait, but you won't be paying the extra $20 a month cause its not a share everything plan. That's the deal here. I rather pay $250 on smart picks plan and keep my plan, then pay extra $20 ($60 extra for 6gb plan on my situation) a month for $0 phone.

You can buy the phone outright, $750 no thanks.
Id say for what you're paying ( 60 bucks all in right?) yeah that makes sense, and its probably the most you should ever pay for a contract phone, and a plan that much. If you've been paying 60 bucks a month, assuming you have a phone line you havent renewed, then it should drop to 40 bucks since the 20 dollar fee for the phone on contract is up, again which is what im assuming. because 80 is ludicrous
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1699 posts
1593 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote: Of course, I was just saying if you want to follow your rule you have to pick a phone that is $500 or under.
The S6 is an expensive device because it is still pretty new.
Best to buy these phones outright and not to be locked into any sort of contract. All these newer plans are way too expensive and offer much less year after year.
iPhones and Blackberries 6 years ago were all priced pretty similar, and the contract pricing were 60 bucks ( grandfathered 6 gig plan), they are charging stupid amounts ( 80 bucks) because instead of having you locked in for 3 years, its now 2, all in all were not getting any sort of deal with a contract, and you're fooling your self if you think you are.

On that note, not much we can really do, either get screwed with 750 dollar phone, or a 250 dollar contract plus a 20 premium every month.

I still think the very least to do is get the phone 0 upfront
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2013
529 posts
255 upvotes
qc
I bought unlocked Iphone 6 for my girlfriend for 1000 dollars, tax in. Then she was on a 40 dollar plan with 1G data and everything unlimited. the equivalent plan for a 24mths contract was 75/mths with 299 upfront phone purchase. This is ridiculous if you do the math! Front now on, I only buy unlocked phones and you can enjoy bring your own phone with 10%additional off... besides, being trapped within a contract, I would never do this again!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1699 posts
1593 upvotes
wenyanghou wrote: I bought unlocked Iphone 6 for my girlfriend for 1000 dollars, tax in. Then she was on a 40 dollar plan with 1G data and everything unlimited. the equivalent plan for a 24mths contract was 75/mths with 299 upfront phone purchase. This is ridiculous if you do the math! Front now on, I only buy unlocked phones and you can enjoy bring your own phone with 10%additional off... besides, being trapped within a contract, I would never do this again!
by my math, looks like you saved 50 bucks lol, or maybe broke even , or a little more with tax as well.
1000 bucks on an iphone for the girlfriend? Better put a ring on that later.
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2013
529 posts
255 upvotes
qc
well, just went to double check, 299 is when you are on a 95 dollar plan, if you are on the 75-80 dollar plan, you are paying 479 upfront. btw, a 1000 dollars ring=doesnt exist.... trust me, bro, I've been through this.
bigmackKFT wrote: by my math, looks like you saved 50 bucks lol, or maybe broke even , or a little more with tax as well.
1000 bucks on an iphone for the girlfriend? Better put a ring on that later.
Sr. Member
Jan 1, 2010
526 posts
68 upvotes
Quebec
wenyanghou wrote: well, just went to double check, 299 is when you are on a 95 dollar plan, if you are on the 75-80 dollar plan, you are paying 479 upfront. btw, a 1000 dollars ring=doesnt exist.... trust me, bro, I've been through this.
I hope you got her some UGGs to go with that iPhone and big wedding ring ;)
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2013
529 posts
255 upvotes
qc
spikeone wrote: I hope you got her some UGGs to go with that iPhone and big wedding ring ;)
dont get it with the UGGs... but yeah, I will give her a big wedding ring when we getting married.
Member
Nov 27, 2009
327 posts
41 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: I totally agree that 250$ + 20$ a month is too much. In my perception, if i agree to give you 20$ a month for 2 year, i will not pay the total cost of the phone over these 2 years. There must be a advantage to commit to a contract. But its me. Android phones lose value so fast....I prefer saving money, pay upfront and keep my liberty and my negociation power. For the moment, im under contract with a note 4 and i pay 10$ a month for the phone with 0 dollars upfront but they made a lot of promotions during holidays so i was lucky.
OP's deal is so so IMO

but $0 upfront with $10/month for a Note 4 seems pretty decent...what kind of plan do you have? and what deal?
Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2008
528 posts
123 upvotes
I was at yorkdale Rogers and confirm this deal is legit
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
Better offer now! It's now $98 on smart picks plan.
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2014
111 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
See http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions , the first promo on that site says that you can get $100 off Samsung phones on select Share Everything plans:

[QUOTE]Discount of up to $100 (not exceeding device purchase price) available until September 11, 2015, to new and existing customers purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 or S6 smartphone and activating or upgrading a primary or secondary line on a Smart Picks Share Everything plan (plans start from $65/month for primary line and $45/month for secondary line) on a 2-year term.[/QUOTE]

So it should qualify for Share Everything plans too, not just "Smart Picks" non-shareable plans.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
ciantech wrote: See http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions , the first promo on that site says that you can get $100 off Samsung phones on select Share Everything plans:



So it should qualify for Share Everything plans too, not just "Smart Picks" non-shareable plans.
That's a different promo. You're saving more than $100 on S6 on smart picks. It's actually cheaper now to go smart picks than share everything plan. $99 S6 on smart picks plan.

Top