Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers Wireless

Samsung S6 $150 on Smart Picks Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2015 2:01 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote: If you are buying an S6 for just the camera alone, then that is just wrong IMO. I have an S4 and I barely use my camera option. The camera feature is great if you are out shopping and need to take a picture for reference of something you are shopping for. Actually memorable moments though, stick to an actual camera, not a cell phone camera.
Thats not the point, are you slow?

I said the S3 camera was better than the S5. Its a combination of the physical camera (being too wide angle) and the new software that began with the S4.

Why should the camera get worse with newer generations. You know, cameras arent all about how many megapixels you can squeeze in, or how much area you can fit into the camera, right? How about color accuracy, and no distortion? How about not having some sort of film over every picture I take, looks like I have cataracts or something. Maybe you people are very simple, and not observant at all, but the S4 and up all use this same garbage camera software, in the Notes too, and its utter trash. I had ZERO complaints about the S3 camera, I took amazing pictures. Ok, one complaint, it couldnt see in the dark very well, but the S4,5,6 have the opposite problem, it sees better in the dark than I do in reality, and thats a problem because it over-illuminates everything around you, it doesnt look like reality.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
Lobster2 wrote: another weird comment on RFD about a camera...
BTW, the camera on the S6 is considered one of the best currently available.

And about distortion:

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/613622 ... xy-s6-edge

Maybe you just need a real camera if you are expecting so much from a phone ?

"Minor" ... yeah, right. I can even notice the distortion from the frontal camera. And the over-illumination, and some ugly film thats applied to every picture you take that you cannot remove. No, they are capable of creating a camera that works fine. I loved my S3 camera, it didnt over illuminate, it didnt distort because it wasnt a super wide angle lens.

Its probably half software, half the wide angle lens crap because people want to take selfies with their friends, defeating the purpose of a selfie camera in general. Stop saying I "need" a normal camera, no, I want a camera that worked more like the S3. A camera that does value how much you can fit in the camera at the expense of distortion. A camera that does not apply some sort of ugly film to every picture I take. A camera that does not *OVER* illuminate, that looks worse than a camera that doesnt see as much light as I do. As soon as the camera does not depict what reality actually looks like, its garbage. I'd rather the camera not see as much as me than for it to see something that isnt even there. If its dark in my room and picks up all this light that isnt even there, then that sucks.

And you know I've tested this, in the bright sunlight, it over-illuminates even in excessively bright places, meaning (the software is my guess) doesnt know when to turn off or adjust in bright light settings, its just on all the time (whatever sensor/software they use to intake the light)...
Mar 11, 2012
400 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bomiheko wrote: Was at the Rogers store and they had a promo for Samsung S6 at $250. My grandfathered 6gb smart picks plan qualified and can get the S6 for $250. S6 Edge however is $499. It used to be $450 for smart picks, so for those who are still in 6GB plans or any grandfathered smart picks plan, you can upgrade for $250 now. Share Everything price is $199, so that's obviously not worth it. Works for new activations as well. I rather pay extra $50 and save $20 a month over going with share everything.

EDIT: Even better deal. My rep just called me back. It's now $98 for S6 on smart picks. I'm going to add my dad's line and get this offer! This is for Walmart, so specific Walmart offer. Rogers is still $249.

EDIT: Deal expired. One day deal on July 29. Now it's $150 on NAC, $250 on HUP.
Pls explain what is NAC?
Nov 27, 2009
327 posts
41 upvotes
vorthex wrote: Denial overload, it boggles my mind that you people associate your sense of self with companies like Samsung, iPhone, fanboys who refuse to acknowledge problems with physical things. Stop investing yourself into it emotionally and acknowledge this *****.

I do see distortion from the pics, however, it might be normal as for wide angle lens distortion on the edge is quite normal...and most of the distortion in your pics is around the edge...you might need to take this into consideration

also, there could be also defects with a particular phone instead of the model.

I used both iPhones and Galaxy phones, but not a fan of either brand...the cameras on S6/S6 edge ranked #1....iPhone 6 only #4 or #5....I think it is quite objective, as the ranking is from professional reviewers/critics. I think that's the reason why so many ppl do not agree with u
Nov 27, 2009
327 posts
41 upvotes
tsk888 wrote: Pls explain what is NAC?
Obviously, OP works for Rogers so he knows the jargons that average joes do not.

I often find Rogers uses RFD to dump their garbages
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4290 posts
2082 upvotes
BC
cddc wrote: this price actually excites Rogers fanboys like you...happily enjoy being fu*cked by Robelus....lol

to me i can't be happier with the $25/m unlimited everything plan from Wind
Wait what? Can't hear you...whar network are you on? Oh right (passing) wind
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
iownyou wrote: Wait what? Can't hear you...whar network are you on? Oh right (passing) wind
you got that far? I had "the person you're trying to reach is unavailable at this moment, please try again later"
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
cddc wrote: Obviously, OP works for Rogers so he knows the jargons that average joes do not.

I often find Rogers uses RFD to dump their garbages
So I guess everyone in the Cell Phone subforum works for Rogers since they all know what NAC means.

I did work for Rogers once before way back when I was 18. Best pay and benefits, got free vacations so many times. Now I work my own business. I still help out my friends and this is why I posted deals on cell phones.

And I don't even see how this concerns you. You do not need or desire a S6, or want a Rogers plan. There are many more people who would want one.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1019 posts
401 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
Rogido wrote: How much in total are you now paying for your plan, and what are all the features?
d1ulove3 wrote: Probably $90+$9=$99/monthly
Rogido wrote: If that's the case, I don't see anyone giving up their grandfathered 6GB Superplan just to get the S6 anytime soon. :)
Unfortunately I had a pretty good plan but it only had 1GB of data and because of credits that expired I had to get a new plan.
So my plan is $99-$15= $84 and second line @ $50
Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
Unlimited Shared Minutes
Billed Usage-Invoice Details
Call Forwarding/Call Transfer
Call Display
Unltd Shared Text/Pic/Video
Unltd Shared Canadian LD Mins
Between Us Calling
Unltd Nationwide Video Call
6GB Shared Data

Obviously not as good as the super 6GB plans but its still not too bad considering whats available now.
Aug 10, 2012
107 posts
274 upvotes
Calgary
Asked two stores in Calgary. The price is now $299.99 if upgrade using 6GB super plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)