• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2016 7:23 pm
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
177 posts
59 upvotes

[Rogers] Tablet Trade-In Program $150 Credit + bonus 3gb data

I noticed this promo while make some account changes

For: New & existing customers adding a tablet to a Share EverythingTM plan.

Limited time offer! Trade in your old tablet and receive a $150 credit1 when you add or upgrade to a new one on a Share EverythingTM plan with Easy Pay®.

Plus, enjoy 3GB of bonus data and a 2-year subscription to TextureTM Basic plan, value of $240) FREE!

You can see the list of devices here: http://www.rogers.com/cms/rogers/pdf/Ta ... ade-In.pdf

If I can get $150 for my 1st gen Tab 7 towards the LG Pad III @ $190... I'd be pretty stoked! It's listed as eligible on the list, I'll update once I get in store.

Check the other thread on the 3GB data deal as there's some good information there. I already took the data sim deal, so I'm hoping to tack on the device promo as well.

UPDATE June 6th

Hi Guys, Update:

Walked into the store and the trade in was smooth and easy. I verified with the salesperson that the value will be for $150, and also with a customer rep on the phone the day after to make sure it was on my account notes.

Some notes:

If you have any rogers credit left, make sure you use it before June 30th as the program is expiring and all unused credit will be void.
I was able to just tack on the easypay tablet to my month-to-month 3GB tablet plan from last month. They charged me an activation fee, however, that I was able to reverse by calling customer support.
The store did not do any look-up for trade in value. As insurance I called customer support and had them check and add the notes to my account. ANY tablet on the list will get you $150.
You do have to sign up for a 2-year contract, works out to be less than $8/month, plus the $10 tablet plan. You get 3GB tablet data, and 2 years of Texture. I'm going to try and get the credits applied to the device tabs instead of just credit to hopefully buy out sooner - but chances are I'll live out the two years anyways so I'm not too worried.
It will take two or three cycles to see your credit.

I went for the G Pad III and I really like it so far, and effectively will only cost me $40 or $50 after taxes. Actually I even used my rogers points towards the bill/ upgrade, so essentially I'm not paying anything. Coming from a Tab 7.0, it's quite an upgrade considering its nowhere near $150 in trade in value anywhere else.
38 replies
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
177 posts
59 upvotes
I'll not that most of these sort of deals are usually an "UP TO $XXX" sort of thing, based on trade in value. This is what I get from the fine print details, but the eligibility list and wording in the promo itself read to me as a definitive $150. So this is a possible ymmv deal.
Oct 20, 2004
798 posts
127 upvotes
i have an old tablet that is on the list - would love to trade it in and get a credit towards a new tablet

what kind of plan would I have to sign up for though ? - or is there a way to get tablet and pay it outright without signing up for any plan..

Currently on a corporate plan with my cell.. not this share everything nonsense
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1599 posts
204 upvotes
Check the detail link. Obviously this is an UP TO value. And you have to have a Rogers share everything plan to begin with.
Mar 29, 2013
134 posts
56 upvotes
Vancouver
You have to be on a share everything plan; the trade in value of $150 is guaranteed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5880 posts
2547 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
You lost me on "share everything plan"....
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1580 posts
302 upvotes
If anyone has one of those iPad on the list I'm willing to pay $150 for a working one :) Give it to RFDer than Rogers..
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13954 posts
4048 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dealseaker101 wrote: You lost me on "share everything plan"....
+1. I know Rogers will do anything to separate me from my grandfathered 6GB Superplan. But no dice!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13954 posts
4048 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I guess I can't get anything for my Proscan, Viewsonic, or even Playbook for that matter! :(
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3262 posts
3296 upvotes
GTA
Click on see full details. Line 2. Not available at all locations. Value of trade-in device, if any, determined using a third-party tool provided by
Clover Wireless; trade-in value is final and non-negotiable.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1369 posts
401 upvotes
Westside
Rogido wrote: +1. I know Rogers will do anything to separate me from my grandfathered 6GB Superplan. But no dice!
Same here going on 16yrs with Rogers. Unlimited CA/US calling and 6GB included. I don't see me switching over anytime.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13954 posts
4048 upvotes
VANCOUVER
datacat wrote: Same here going on 16yrs with Rogers. Unlimited CA/US calling and 6GB included. I don't see me switching over anytime.
Wow, unlimited US calling too! :-0 How much $ per month?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1369 posts
401 upvotes
Westside
Rogido wrote: Wow, unlimited US calling too! :-0 How much $ per month?
It was a plan that came out for a very short time Unlimited NA $50 and I pay $30/6GB. They gave me credits from retention for a year or more, that made it the best deal ever but they expired and since I haven't had any luck getting them to apply anymore not even $5-10 :\
Jan 3, 2011
1 posts
Toronto
What about the 'bonus 3GB'. Is that per month? If so that's not bad if you're on a 500mb or 1gig plan right?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1562 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Darn, my hp touchpad is not eligible :)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13954 posts
4048 upvotes
VANCOUVER
datacat wrote: It was a plan that came out for a very short time Unlimited NA $50 and I pay $30/6GB. They gave me credits from retention for a year or more, that made it the best deal ever but they expired and since I haven't had any luck getting them to apply anymore not even $5-10 :\
Rogers is now super stingy with the credits. You would have more success getting Megan Fox to spend a night with you, than you would getting monthly credits from Rogers. I also had a $10 credit expire on me for my Superplan.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33722 posts
7363 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
95% of the eligible tablets are Samsung. 4 percent are Apple and the other 1% is LG. There is a token Sony unit and the Nexus 9