[Rogers Wireless] 30GB / $85 Infinite Share Plan

Deal Link:
Price:
$85
Retailer:
Rogers Wireless
More offers from Rogers Wireless
Hi Everyone,

30GB Rogers Infinite plan is available for $85. 10 GB more than the outgoing plan, for a limited time. No matches with Telus or Bell as far as I can tell, plus Rogers doesn't cut off your hotspot when you reach the high speed limit.

Unavailable in Quebec.
17 replies
Jul 3, 2014
81 posts
70 upvotes
BC
I talked to the mobility guy at Costco and he said Rogers is like 3G after the limit hits. Was he wrong? I haven’t seen anywhere on Rogers site saying it is still LTE speed.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2388 posts
1126 upvotes
Mississauga
I wonder if my Corp 30% stacks with this.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1148 posts
2360 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How the hell did we go from all 3 offering 25GB for $45 to 30GB for $85 within a week?

Oh nevermind...forgot, it's because we're in Canada!
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Oct 12, 2018
19 posts
9 upvotes
bahadur wrote: I talked to the mobility guy at Costco and he said Rogers is like 3G after the limit hits. Was he wrong? I haven’t seen anywhere on Rogers site saying it is still LTE speed.
It's supposed to slow down to 512kbps. I believe they have a little more leeway though. Have a friend who is with them and still get max 1mbps on reduce speed.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2020 posts
1237 upvotes
YYZ
bahadur wrote: I talked to the mobility guy at Costco and he said Rogers is like 3G after the limit hits. Was he wrong? I haven’t seen anywhere on Rogers site saying it is still LTE speed.
from my experience once you hit the limit its like dial up. unless you have the patience for it, its basically unusable for some. (15-30 seconds for a page to load) doesn't seem like alot, but when you click on anything and you're waiting that long it to load it seems like eternity (i know we're spoiled)
again if you have patience you should be fine.
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Aug 13, 2019
155 posts
284 upvotes
bLuPhYrE wrote: from my experience once you hit the limit its like dial up. unless you have the patience for it, its basically unusable for some. (15-30 seconds for a page to load) doesn't seem like alot, but when you click on anything and you're waiting that long it to load it seems like eternity (i know we're spoiled)
It's only enough to do some emails and send messages. Don't try to open a video or playing an online game lol
Jul 3, 2014
81 posts
70 upvotes
BC
wreign wrote: It's supposed to slow down to 512kbps. I believe they have a little more leeway though. Have a friend who is with them and still get max 1mbps on reduce speed.
bLuPhYrE wrote: from my experience once you hit the limit its like dial up. unless you have the patience for it, its basically unusable for some. (15-30 seconds for a page to load) doesn't seem like alot, but when you click on anything and you're waiting that long it to load it seems like eternity (i know we're spoiled)
Redcontrollers wrote: It's only enough to do some emails and send messages. Don't try to open a video or playing an online game lol
So essentially useless. That’s annoying. Should not be throttled that hard for that monthly cost.

Thanks for the info.
Nov 5, 2013
20 posts
5 upvotes
Saint John
I honestly still don't understand these new unlimited plans. First they were non shareable but kind of are, now they are shareable but every line needs data. Can someone honestly explain how these new plans work because even speaking with sales reps these don't make sense.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1322 posts
1013 upvotes
Gatineau
I was getting less than 500kbps
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Apr 15, 2010
191 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
uh.... The $45 plan was a winback plan and the $85 is an in-market plan. Apples and oranges.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3242 posts
1273 upvotes
Ottawa
emann56 wrote: uh.... The $45 plan was a winback plan and the $85 is an in-market plan. Apples and oranges.
25 still available?
Dec 26, 2012
803 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
I got this plan for my wife and I think it is a good deal if you need data. She was paying $85/month for Edge plan with 20gb and just paid off her iPhone X after 2 years ($40/month) but her plan will continue to be $85 with no hardware upgrade possible.

This is the same price but with 10GB more. She could go down to $75 20gb to save $10/month, especially since her plan is not eligible for hardware upgrade.

I have the $60 15gb plan + 5gb data so this doesn't make sense for me and I'll buy iPhone 12 outright but for my wife who didn't get in on the $60 15gb + bonus data plan, this is the next best thing.
Apr 6, 2020
9 posts
13 upvotes
bahadur wrote: So essentially useless. That’s annoying. Should not be throttled that hard for that monthly cost.

Thanks for the info.
Have you considered moving up to the 50 GB plan? Clearly if your needs exceed your plan, it's not Rogers fault.