Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

$50/15GB + $300 device purchase credit + free tablet with 2GB data (winback)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 8:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
495 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
SammyDavis wrote: Zoomer is Rogers. Maybe you didn’t know that?
Right, I also have a line switch to fido from Rogers and the agent told me I couldn't get the same deal for that line.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
495 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
James Stonehenge wrote: Wonder if you can keep the $300 on your account and use it at a later date for a H.W. upgrade
I asked, and was told "no".
Oct 19, 2019
470 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Good deal take it. I just upgraded to Xs for $20/month and paying $50 for the 9gb plan. Ur plan is way better + credits.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
495 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
jdmhfx wrote: Does the $50 include a device credit? I know with the EPP's to get the base price you must get hardware (no BYOD).

As an example, the current EPP I can get is $53.13 for 20GB max speed, but the fine print below includes the hardware credit so the plan is actually $65.63.

OAC. Offer subject to change without notice. Limited time offers, while quantities last. Proof of employment is required (work ID badge or benefits card). Unlimited Plan with 20GB max speed price base of $75, less $12.50 hardware credit (will be applied 2nd or 3rd bill), less 15% employee discount, equals $53.13. Pricing for the secondary line 20GB plan is $75, less $10 Add A Line discount, less $12.50 hardware credit (will be applied 2nd or 3rd bill), equals $52.50. Financing price and hardware credit of $12.50 for new phone are for 24 months. A one time $40 connection fee applies on the first bill. For additional terms and conditions visit www.rogers.com/terms.
I asked, the answer I got was that the $50 was for the plan, no matter you getting a new phone or not.
Dec 20, 2019
5 posts
3 upvotes
Agree. They actually called me me and offer me $65 for 10 GB because I’ve been a loyal customer (+20 years)
In turn they offer $50 for 15GB to winbacks
I straight up said no to them
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1184 posts
844 upvotes
QuinteWest
I had a Rogers number 20 years ago... I wonder if I contact them, they would give me a "win back" deal?

I still have the number, just with different carrier.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1309 posts
1105 upvotes
Vancouver
[quote=coolintheshade post_id=33046311 time=1598896847 user_id=1365446]
Have you tried calling them?
Maybe they will give it to you if you say you’re planning to leave.
They aren’t going to just hand out the plan automatically to millions of customers, and lose several hundred million each year.
[/quote]

I am not with Rogers but through speaking with numerous porting teams over the years, Rogers or any carrier have the ability to see when the service is being asked to release the number. Why not at that stage, Rogers could call the number and negotiate a retention offer before they release the number to port?

Why be reactive and not proactive?

Is it against the rules to do that on Rogers end?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1642 posts
1667 upvotes
Markham, ON
coolintheshade wrote: Has nothing to do with that.
I swear, next to nobody in this forum has any idea how acquiring new customers works.
You'd be surprised how much I know about the wireless telecom industry.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
dicecube wrote: Why don't they offer this to existing customers before they port out without having to call loyalty. Seems like a lot of extra work. Why not retain customers in the first place
Gotta do the work to get the discount.
coolintheshade wrote: Has nothing to do with that.
I swear, next to nobody in this forum has any idea how acquiring new customers works.
Well we are learning fast.
zod wrote: Effectively it's two tier pricing. It enables them to charge more to people that don't bother to shop around, and charge less to those who do. If they offer it to everyone than it makes it harder to have two tier pricing like that.
Word! That's why i am surprised folks aren't proactive about switching plans more. It's a game, the best hunter gets the best possible deal
Oct 19, 2019
470 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Paulie1RFD wrote: I had a Rogers number 20 years ago... I wonder if I contact them, they would give me a "win back" deal?

I still have the number, just with different carrier.
If you reach out to them first then it's you who want to "win them back", not the other way around. Do you think they would give you the special treatment? LOL
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8915 posts
9945 upvotes
The Prairies
at87on wrote: You'd be surprised how much I know about the wireless telecom industry.
I don’t really care what or how much you think you know about the telecom industry.
My comment pertains to all businesses that offer bonuses to acquire new customers.
Banks regularly offer new account signup bonuses.
Credit card issuers are always offering new account signup bonuses.
Loan companies are always offering some kind of incentive to take out a loan.
And finally, telecom companies are always offering the best deals to new customers, or to bring back previous customers.
It’s called increasing your customer base, to make more money.
All businesses do it.
Does that mean all these businesses I listed above, as well as every other business out there should give their current customers everything they give new customers, or they’re “taking advantage of them”?
Dec 31, 2011
288 posts
347 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
So what you're telling me is don't be loyal to any one company and switch regularly to get new customer deals on everything from telecom to banks to credit cards to get the best deal?

Got it.
Jan 23, 2007
69 posts
8 upvotes
VAN
aprilgermany wrote: I switched to Zoomer never received any call ? How can I go about getting this ?
ZOomer is basically Rogers. You're just using a subsidary of the parents company.
Mar 16, 2018
70 posts
46 upvotes
Overstep wrote: Right, I also have a line switch to fido from Rogers and the agent told me I couldn't get the same deal for that line.
Guys ! You just switched to Robbers own shady marketplace, you belong to them, You would never get any offers, (Zoomer, Cityfone, Simplyconnect, fido and Chatr) are all owned by Robbers