Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular 40mm/44mm $240/290 YMMV Rogers In-store only

Dec 21, 2012
172 posts
142 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: Stop peddling this "Buyers Remorse" clause....that only apply to you if you return everything you got from them (As per the CRTC). if you want to keep the equipment they "CAN" charge you activation since your equipment was activated on their network and when you cancelled you didn't return the equipment. Roger's rep are getting lippy since lots of people are calling in to fight for activation fees because of this insane deal.

One thing is for sure...if you got charged activation for opening up the $75 phone plan because your were not an existing rogers customer and you canceled right away ... they should credit back the activation on the "phone plan" since you didn't take any phone from them on that phone plan (which is truly "Buyers Remorse"). as for the activation on the watch....it's all luck and at the mercy of the rep you talk to....btw... They are documenting the interaction when you call in to fight the activation fee..I called 3 times and "every time" the agent made notes to my closed account about me asking to waive the activation fees.

Here is the article explaining in detail what covers under this Mobile Service Trial Period

Pay special attention to section "V" paragraph "B".
Hmm. Thanks for the insight! My case was a little special now that I think of it.

I was able to activate on a $30 talk and text plan, and also paid the retail price in store rather than having it on the final bill. I guess that’s why I qualified for buyers remorse on both.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2127 posts
2233 upvotes
daniyo27 wrote: Hmm. Thanks for the insight! My case was a little special now that I think of it.

I was able to activate on a $30 talk and text plan, and also paid the retail price in store rather than having it on the final bill. I guess that’s why I qualified for buyers remorse on both.
I mean no disrespect when I quoted you, I just heard it so many times on this board and people makes it sound like it's a given because they are protected by that CRTC clause. In reality it's pure luck if you get the activation fee waived on the watches and you are completely at he mercy of the rep.
Nov 8, 2019
49 posts
29 upvotes
Anyone looking to trade their sealed space Grey or silver 44mm for a sealed gold 44mm?
Message if interested, I have 2
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
Would like to know how trade-in would work between two people exchanging the watch?
Aren't the device serial number tagged to your new line in your Rogers account?

Will one be able to activate cellular option on another apple watch with different serial number, if you decide to do so after a while?
Dec 15, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
coolaw79 wrote: Would like to know how trade-in would work between two people exchanging the watch?

Will one be able to activate cellular option on another apple watch with different serial number, if you decide to do so after a while?

When I received my watch at Best Buy, the only thing the Rogers rep did was add a new line to my account. (They might have special assignment to lines meant for a watch?), When I got home I paired the watch to my phone. Through the watch app, I was brought to the rogers site where I linked the new number to the watch. So my guess is that as long as the watch has not been previously paired, you should be fine.
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
farsyte wrote: When I received my watch at Best Buy, the only thing the Rogers rep did was add a new line to my account. (They might have special assignment to lines meant for a watch?), When I got home I paired the watch to my phone. Through the watch app, I was brought to the rogers site where I linked the new number to the watch. So my guess is that as long as the watch has not been previously paired, you should be fine.
I remember BestBuy Rep scanned a bardcode from the watch box which is most likely IMEI / Serial of the device which is updated in your Rogers account.

I am very doubtful about doing an exchange with someone and then trying to activate the watch with different IMEI number to the watch wireless line in my account.
Nov 8, 2019
49 posts
29 upvotes
coolaw79 wrote: Would like to know how trade-in would work between two people exchanging the watch?

Once you cancel, nothing is tagged to your account.

And you activate the watch through your mobile app, all watches are unlocked. So you could even activate it with a different provider, which I confirmed when I cancelled my watches.
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
Michaelsj3 wrote: Once you cancel, nothing is tagged to your account.

And you activate the watch through your mobile app, all watches are unlocked. So you could even activate it with a different provider, which I confirmed when I cancelled my watches.
That actually makes sense.

So, while exchanging watches, we must exchange proof that the line has actually been cancelled.

Now, anyone willing to exchange my Gold 44mm with Black/Grey 44mm in an unopened box?

I can meetup in Brampton(weekend) / Vaughan (during the weekday).
Nov 8, 2019
49 posts
29 upvotes
coolaw79 wrote: That actually makes sense.

So, while exchanging watches, we must exchange proof that the line has actually been cancelled.

Now, anyone willing to exchange my Gold 44mm with Black/Grey 44mm in an unopened box?

I can meetup in Brampton(weekend) / Vaughan (during the weekday).
Probably best to show the initial contract(which Shows the last few digits of your account number as well as information to show the Apple Watch you get/trade is from the Rogers deal and login to your actual account to show no Apple Watch lines and verify the last few digits of account number)
Jun 27, 2018
27 posts
2 upvotes
ANyone received the package or shipping information which are ordered online using Business/Corporate customer care support ?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2013
1352 posts
732 upvotes
WATERLOO
Anyone who did edge financing get the service fee waived by cancelling?
Apr 15, 2009
306 posts
93 upvotes
ravi_sakic wrote: Got watch! Called Rogers got 35$ credit and 24 months service free upon cancelling!

Didn’t get email confirming anything
How did you say that you wanted to cancel so that they gave you 24 months of free service?

Did you buy the watch outright?
I put it on financing to be able to enjoy the 3 free months, but if I cannot get the activation fees waived it’s as if I paid $35 for the 3 months. Then there is no point.

If I need to buy out the Watch to have the fees waived, I will certainly do it but then I could not try the service for free for 3 months, unless they offer it.
Aug 1, 2010
138 posts
89 upvotes
Woodbridge
Many THANKS OP picked up 2 watches from barrie best buy took while to get it done but it worked at the end.
Jun 9, 2008
360 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
Rockabilly wrote: How did you say that you wanted to cancel so that they gave you 24 months of free service?

Did you buy the watch outright?
I put it on financing to be able to enjoy the 3 free months, but if I cannot get the activation fees waived it’s as if I paid $35 for the 3 months. Then there is no point.

If I need to buy out the Watch to have the fees waived, I will certainly do it but then I could not try the service for free for 3 months, unless they offer it.
just called in said, hey i purchased this watch can you cancel the plan and please wave the activation as i dont need the service...
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14780 posts
6326 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ravi_sakic wrote: just called in said, hey i purchased this watch can you cancel the plan and please wave the activation as i dont need the service...
I didn't buy the watch but I'm a smartwatch plan subscriber and I'm trying to find out how to get the 24 months free. I've put in a cancellation order for my watch plan and asked their retention department via live chat about the 24 month free offer but they said there is no such offer. Was there a code attached to the 24 mo. offer?
Jun 9, 2008
360 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
rvs007 wrote: I didn't buy the watch but I'm a smartwatch plan subscriber and I'm trying to find out how to get the 24 months free. I've put in a cancellation order for my watch plan and asked their retention department via live chat about the 24 month free offer but they said there is no such offer. Was there a code attached to the 24 mo. offer?
not that i know of... i cant even see it on my account just took the word of the rep
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1387 posts
544 upvotes
Montreal,QC
did anyone were able to get a Trade-in credit with the watch?

on the website, it states "get a minimum of 100$ trade-in credit and purchase a watch on edge financing with a smart plan"

iPhone 5s TIV is 25$ , we should technically get 100$ ( I paid 50$ on Kijiji few months ago to upgrade my phone)
Last edited by irodeo on Dec 19th, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 15, 2009
306 posts
93 upvotes
ravi_sakic wrote: just called in said, hey i purchased this watch can you cancel the plan and please wave the activation as i dont need the service...
I just called Rogers and got a nice rep. I just said what you said, but she asked me why I wanted to cancel and also said I didn't need the service.
She said that since I am on financing, they cannot waive the activation fees if I cancel the line. She told me that in order to cancel the fees, I would have to stay for 24 months but as an incentive she would add $10 credit for the data, so free for 24 months.
So I would just pay the $12.08 + HST every month for the financing.
I am happy.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1387 posts
544 upvotes
Montreal,QC
Rockabilly wrote: I just called Rogers and got a nice rep. I just said what you said, but she asked me why I wanted to cancel and also said I didn't need the service.
She said that since I am on financing, they cannot waive the activation fees if I cancel the line. She told me that in order to cancel the fees, I would have to stay for 24 months but as an incentive she would add $10 credit for the data, so free for 24 months.
So I would just pay the $12.08 + HST every month for the financing.
I am happy.

wow great.

I did a chat, I asked for cancellation and that activation fees be credited. They will credit once the charge of 35$ appears on my next bill. no offers of free 24 months

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)