Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers Wireless] *BYOD* Rogers 4 phone lines at $185 total- Unlimited DATA/Talk/Text - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 7:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
8 posts
14 upvotes
Quebec

[Rogers Wireless] *BYOD* Rogers 4 phone lines at $185 total- Unlimited DATA/Talk/Text - YMMV

Retailer:
Rogers Wireless
More offers from Rogers Wireless
After getting ripped off over and over through Rogers, I finally decided to hit'em up through the chat portal. My previous 2 year contract ended on December 28 and the whole purpose of my contact was to reveal that I was going to leave unless they offered me a deal I couldn't refused.

This deal I guess can only come about for a small business or family I assume, so sorry for the single people coming through this thread, although ya'll can probably benefit through fido's byop deals posted in the pictures below.

So, all I am in need of is four functioning lines with sufficient data.

Through Fido's *byop* deal, i calculated i could get about 19gbs of data for around $173 : (1*30)1gb + (1*33)2gb + (2*55)16gb
fido deal.PNG
So, in chat, I tell rogers ive basically had enough with their atrocious pricing and that I will opt to leave for another service, considering I've been offered a deal for $173 for four lines, including 19gbs of data.
rogers deal.png
Eventually as you can see through much discussion, i was offered all four lines, with 40gbs LTE with no overcharge fee for going over (basically unlimited data) for $185. Basically breaking down each line to [($46.25/10gb) data *4 ] plus no overcharge on additional data used. So yeah, hope this can help some of you get a good bargain for yourselves as well.
Last edited by hockeybest on Jan 7th, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Oct 27, 2019
44 posts
152 upvotes
Same deal Telus and bell were offering last month.

Plus Rogers = garbage service.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
8 posts
14 upvotes
Quebec
patrickkc wrote: Is this QC only deaL?
Personally I don't think so, although I don't really. I simply got the discount through a lot of discussion and threats to basically leave.

I forgot to mention, when i first got into the chat with rogers, I asked to speak to someone from the customer retention/cancellation department. They're basically the only ones who have actual power to give you decent discounts.
Sep 30, 2009
999 posts
511 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hockeybest wrote: Personally I don't think so, although I don't really. I simply got the discount through a lot of discussion and threats to basically leave.

I forgot to mention, when i first got into the chat with rogers, I asked to speak to someone from the customer retention/cancellation department. They're basically the only ones who have actual power to give you decent discounts.
Interesting, I have 1 line with Rogers and 4 with Fido.. switching over to this would be a couple dollars cheaper and would be a big upgrade since one my Fido lines is voice only. I guess I can give it a try tomorrow. Do you have plan details from your account instead of just the chat transcript?
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
8 posts
14 upvotes
Quebec
patrickkc wrote: Interesting, I have 1 line with Rogers and 4 with Fido.. switching over to this would be a couple dollars cheaper and would be a big upgrade since one my Fido lines is voice only. I guess I can give it a try tomorrow. Do you have plan details from your account instead of just the chat transcript?

As it mentions, it's unable to show the discounts, only will on the final invoice.

Remember its $75-$25-$10 == $40 for three of the phone lines + the main line which is $75-$10 == 65, totalling $185.

Hope the screenshots below help in any sort of way,
I surely hope it works out for you. Good luck!
Images
  • rogers1.png
  • rogers2.png
  • rogers3.png
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
8 posts
14 upvotes
Quebec
hvwkzq wrote: "Unlimited" data.
Oh hey, im so going to put the word unlimited in quotations to make myself seem so intelligent when i am just an ignorant fool.

Its 42 gb at full data-transmission speeds and unlimited data at reduced speed after that. So yes, technically it is unlimited.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5571 posts
3494 upvotes
hockeybest wrote: Oh hey, im so going to put the word unlimited in quotations to make myself seem so intelligent when i am just an ignorant fool.

Its 42 gb at full data-transmission speeds and unlimited data at reduced speed after that. So yes, technically it is unlimited.
:lol: Why did you get so butthurt real quick? 42GB full-speed is not unlimited especially when shared between 4 lines. People are signing up for 50GB plans.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
8 posts
14 upvotes
Quebec
hvwkzq wrote: :lol: Why did you get so butthurt real quick? 42GB full-speed is not unlimited especially when shared between 4 lines. People are signing up for 50GB plans.
Dude, it's still unlimited. The 42gb is not a cap on the use of data, simply the speed... whereas tasks as simple as browsing will barely even be affected. You do understand you can still use your data after the depletion of 42gbs of LTE data right ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5571 posts
3494 upvotes
hockeybest wrote: Dude, it's still unlimited. The 42gb is not a cap on the use of data, simply the speed... whereas tasks as simple as browsing will barely even be affected. You do understand you can still use your data after the depletion of 42gbs of LTE data right ?
Lucky Mobile offers unlimited data for $25. 4 lines for $100. Lava hot deal. Wait while I open a new thread for it.
Nov 26, 2014
188 posts
318 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Isn't Rogers offering a $400 credit per line when you port in right now on a business plan? If you get the BYOD plan with 4 lines it works out to $75+$50+$50+$50= $225 per month with $1600 credits. Nets out to $158.33/month for two years for 40GB to share on the "unlimited" plan.

It's an even better deal if you take advantage of their free S10e with purchase of S10 offer. I think if you opt for two Edge30 plans instead of the BYOD it works out to $285/month with $1600 credits. Nets out to $218.33/month and you get 2x Samsung S10 and 2x Samsung S10e.

This offer you presented is not even remotely hot.