• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 11:21 am
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1615 posts
2896 upvotes
LuckyBaybee wrote: I received the text two days ago on my corporate plan and did live chat to confirm. I was told it could not be added to my plan (they gave me $50 credit). Today I received another text:

Rogers svc msg: We offered you 5GB of free monthly data as a thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer and we meant it. Thank you for choosing Rogers!
Rogers is CLUELESS when it comes to what a loyal Rogers customer is. If 25 plus years isn't loyal to them then I got NO clue what is. LOL.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4266 posts
1641 upvotes
I'm paying 45$+tax for 17gb
since I got 5gb bonus a few months ago.

praying for that 10gb now.
It would be a killer deal :)
May 13, 2015
244 posts
699 upvotes
Ontario
I feel sorry for OP. This is pretty good if one can score, but I guess, most of the downvotes are coming from people who couldn’t get it.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Aug 2, 2003
487 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: Just checked the current plan on MYROGERS and it NHL Centre Ice is included....I thought Rogers removed the access from mobile customers.
Also, pardon my mobile ignorance, but after the 2 year contract is over should the bill decrease b/c the actual phone payments are over or is continuing to charge the same amount just a CRTC loophole on contacts Rogers is exploiting?
You are absolutely right. When your two year is up change your plan to an in-market plan.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3717 posts
4602 upvotes
Frank wrote: You are absolutely right. When your two year is up change your plan to an in-market plan.
Thanks. Am current paying 53$ after taxes for canada wide blah blah and blah and 17gigs. I dont think any BYOD plan would match that
Aug 6, 2009
596 posts
264 upvotes
PoCo
olwe wrote: I am on a winback $41 / 27 GB shareable plan (extra 2 gig from free tablet) and I got the text of free 10 GB. I logged in to my accepted it but I don't see it applied to my account yet.
Thanks Rogers.
Images
  • 20201115_205939.jpg
Feb 1, 2019
118 posts
160 upvotes
Just logged into my account and the additional 10GB somehow disappeared from my account. Yesterday it was there and today it magically disappeared.
Jan 26, 2020
25 posts
9 upvotes
ClaytonA36833 wrote: Image. And I now have 15gb per month. Awesome!
I got the same text and had the data added to my account. Do you know how long it goes on for?
Jul 19, 2006
506 posts
58 upvotes
Are people still having success with winback if they ported recently in the last week?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4291 posts
1375 upvotes
Brampton
MattK82563 wrote: Just logged into my account and the additional 10GB somehow disappeared from my account. Yesterday it was there and today it magically disappeared.
That happened to me a year ago with a free 5gb, calling in didnt help.
This time an extra 10gb is nicer, but I personally wouldnt pay for it, the 4gb with my plan is plenty.
So far mine is still saying 24 months.
Anon10101 wrote: I got the same text and had the data added to my account. Do you know how long it goes on for?
Check under change plans:
Images
  • rog1.jpg
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Jan 26, 2020
25 posts
9 upvotes
prod wrote: That happened to me a year ago with a free 5gb, calling in didnt help.
This time an extra 10gb is nicer, but I personally wouldnt pay for it, the 4gb with my plan is plenty.

Thanks! Weird, when I go to 'Info about your bonus', it's just completely blank. I can see the +10Gb of bonus data but there's no info beyond that.
Dec 23, 2016
229 posts
186 upvotes
I'm on 4GB for $45 plan.
Never got any sms so I Just logged in and I see that my data limit is now 14GB.
However, it doesn't say if it expires, so I assume it's permanent?
Dec 23, 2016
229 posts
186 upvotes
oh damn, I see it now, only 24 months.

There's no info under "plan details" or "data details", pretty damn shady to hide it like that.
Jan 13, 2009
17 posts
prod wrote: That happened to me a year ago with a free 5gb, calling in didnt help.

When I go to the "Change Plans" it doesn't show me my current plan details. it only shows me other plans that I can switch to. Maybe it's a temporary glitch? I'll try again tomorrow, but is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Aug 6, 2009
596 posts
264 upvotes
PoCo
Hmmm.. logged on to my account and the extra 10GB is gone. My billing cycle starts tomorrow and if it does not come back, they're going to hear from me.

edit: Spoke too soon. It has already reset. My remaining data shows 37GB but the plan details only shows 25GB + 2 GB bonus.
Images
  • Screenshot_20201118-214049_MyRogers.jpg
  • Screenshot_20201118-214317_MyRogers.jpg
Nov 24, 2019
116 posts
73 upvotes
They added 10gb to my 20gb/$50 plan, so 30gb for 50 which is amazing. They actually sent me the text twice, a week apart. I thought I was on 40gb for 50 lol, but alas it was only added once
Oct 12, 2020
453 posts
678 upvotes
Ontario
ark777 wrote: So something interesting. I checked where you said to change plans, and it said that I have it for 24 months. So I contacted a Rogers rep because I was told that I would have it until I changed the plan, but the site says something different. The rep I spoke to today told me the same thing as the rep from yesterday, my 10gb bonus data is for life until I change my plan, there's no expiry date such as 24 months. The rep said the promo code on my account had a description which states: "This offer is effective from November 07, 2020 and is ongoing. This offer is available nationally for targeted Consumer and SOHO customers. They’ll get a 10GB data bonus each month for as long as they remain on their plan."

Who's right? The two rogers reps I spoke with and what they saw on their system, or the plan portion on the Rogers website?....
So here's my experience: I'm on a 6GB plan, logged in today to see 16GB for the same price. I didn't even realize this thread existed so I called up Rogers and spoke with a rep who confirmed this from their side of things. They have told me that this 10GB bonus will continue until the plan is changed and is added on at no extra charge. I have gotten the interaction ID just to save it as proof. Should've recorded the call too, but they seem to honour what's recorded in interaction ID pretty well, so I left it at that.

Now, I think people are seeing 2 year limit online because when you go to "select a new plan" or to "upgrade to a new plan", everything is based on a 2-year basis, so that's why I think it says that. I definitely don't know how long your bonuses will last if you do change your plan that has the bonus included, but for current plan-holders who are simply getting bonus data, I trust that that will continue literally until you change your plan (or for 999 months as some have reported).
List of BEST Credit Cards for the Frequent Flyer/Rewards/Loyalty Programs you want to pursue - includes Personal and Business cards + WYDRAZOR'S TOP PICKS