• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 11:21 am
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1144 posts
1167 upvotes
Based on my experience, recording IDs or even recording calls don’t do any good. I had a situation with Fido once and I had employee name, ID and time of call where employee promised me various things. Nothing was acknowledged. Upon mentioning the promises and details of employee, getting escalated to manager and what not, nothing happened. They just applied $20 on my account for the hassle and said employee didn’t know what he was talking about.
Aug 9, 2010
2 posts
toronto
I just got 10GB data added on my Rogers plan
No details as to how long it will last, so fingers crossed
Jan 17, 2014
57 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
I just checked my Rogers account and I got the 10 GB bonus data too (doesn't say expiry). Its a nice holiday surprise for sure! WTF I think I like Rogers now.

My current plan is 25 GB for $60 LOL. Attachments below
Images
  • IMG_0913.jpg
  • IMG_0912.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1297 posts
262 upvotes
GTA
ANyone on a corp plan get this? lol Cause i didnt.
Jul 22, 2006
546 posts
963 upvotes
No offer on my account. I have the $45 plan with 25GB of data (non 5G) so I doubt I'll ever see any bonus data offers. Not that I need it anyways. I've used 1.3 GB of data in 20 days so I'll never get close to 25GB. Glad to hear about those getting it.

For some reason I've been lucky with Rogers in other ways. They gave me my current plan without me having to port out and back in and they gave me wireless home phone free for 2 years. Plus I can still get a new phone with the plan I'm on, so I think I've been luckier than a lot of people.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3494 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
Kalatharan wrote: Got it too. I was on $45 for 4gb.
was on teh same plan, but i already had the 5gig bonus applied from before. i guess this free 10 gig is only for those that didnt have a bonus data promo applied.
====================================
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8352 posts
8346 upvotes
Toronto
All I have is a 10GB for $55 plan offer. Currently on a $45 plan with 4GB + 5GB bonus.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
3074 posts
282 upvotes
GTA
ludhi wrote: was on teh same plan, but i already had the 5gig bonus applied from before. i guess this free 10 gig is only for those that didnt have a bonus data promo applied.
No. I was on the $45 4gb + 5gb bonus and got an extra 10gb added.
Total 19gb for $45
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3773 posts
3530 upvotes
Toronto
raviji wrote: Based on my experience, recording IDs or even recording calls don’t do any good. I had a situation with Fido once and I had employee name, ID and time of call where employee promised me various things. Nothing was acknowledged. Upon mentioning the promises and details of employee, getting escalated to manager and what not, nothing happened. They just applied $20 on my account for the hassle and said employee didn’t know what he was talking about.
This is why I record all calls with CSRs now and have proof for future escalation even if they don't respond well CCTS will often side with the customer if you have the evidence.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch you are legally allowed to record conversations you are a part of without the other party having acknowledgment of such recordings.
Oct 27, 2018
41 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton
Just checked my epp account 20GB still. No additional 10gb for me...

Thanks for sharing!
Mar 28, 2015
288 posts
82 upvotes
Rural AB
I have Epp account
Just checked via the Rogers app no 10gb data free for me......
Nov 19, 2004
653 posts
76 upvotes
Montreal
aristan wrote: I have 12GB for 48$+tax (I signed up for Employee Pricing on a double data promo 6GB+6GB a couple years ago when it was still "share everything").

They *generously* offered to upgrade me to 15GB for 75$ .. I think I'll pass right now.
Edit January 31, 2021 : I contacted Rogers a couple of times & methods and was told that those prices were definitively for new customers only... so I'm sticking to my 6+6Gb EPP plan that nets out at $48... no love for existing customers, sigh.

I'm in Quebec - I'm on that shared 6b+6GB (non-shared) for $48 net after EPP discount like you. They're offering 15GB for $55 / 20GB for $65 (both infinite shared) - presumably the EPP discount would apply on those making it quite interesting indeed!!

R
Last edited by RTM on Jan 31st, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 29, 2004
231 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
I was on the $56/10GB BYOD plan and now I see that they have increased by 5GB and my monthly cost has crept upto $70.

There is an offer for the two lines that I have, First line $70 for 30 GB & second line $70 for 20 GB with standard:
Talk: Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
Text: Unlimited CanadaWide Sent & Received Text, Picture & Video Messages

Best part is that I rarely need more than 3-4 GB....guess it is time to have a conversation with Rogers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)