• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 11:21 am
Nov 7, 2006
127 posts
140 upvotes
I'm on 45$ for 4 GB. Got the auto offer of 55$ for 7 gigs. Nah.
Nov 17, 2013
26 posts
10 upvotes
Balzac, AB
Was in 15GB plan and had a 5GB promo from last year for $60/mth. Checked today and MyRogers shows 30GB. Didn't do anything.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1417 posts
1966 upvotes
Waterloo Region
This is the reason you do not tie yourself down to a 2 year contract too early. Lots of wireless deals popping up everywhere these days and it's important to get the best possible deal for yourself. Something tells me we are in for some crazy BF deals this year.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1614 posts
2896 upvotes
gbagrami wrote: Loyal Rogers customer for over 12 years, currently on a 45$ / 4GB plan.

Nothing for me.
Reach out to Rogers again. Ask them for the $50 15GB plan BYOD. I asked for it and got it. I was on the same plan as you.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Apr 11, 2009
642 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
nothing here...on corp plan $43/month but did get previous 5GB + 5GB bonus from before so 15GB
dont mind the extra 10GB Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
May 27, 2007
64 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
Just got off with live chat, nothing for me either, and I'm on a $45 with 2GB + 5GB bonus..
Dec 30, 2007
104 posts
53 upvotes
London
kenix47 wrote: Just got off with live chat, nothing for me either, and I'm on a $45 with 2GB + 5GB bonus..
Why not just switch to Zoomer $45 7GB + $100 + A51! Or least leverage this to retentions via phone...
May 27, 2007
64 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
sinizter wrote: Why not just switch to Zoomer $45 7GB + $100 + A51! Or least leverage this to retentions via phone...
I actually will consider that, thank you for pointing me to that Smiling Face With Open Mouth I just hope rogers will give a damn when I try to leverage this to them Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3641 posts
4538 upvotes
COALslaw wrote: I'm on 45$ for 4 GB. Got the auto offer of 55$ for 7 gigs. Nah.
I can beat that.
I'm paying 53$ after taxes for 17gb. Auto offer was 20gb for 80$ + taxes.

Well A.I has a long way to go before making intelligent offers....
Aug 30, 2018
511 posts
236 upvotes
Brampton
Gangsta101 wrote: This is the reason you do not tie yourself down to a 2 year contract too early. Lots of wireless deals popping up everywhere these days and it's important to get the best possible deal for yourself. Something tells me we are in for some crazy BF deals this year.
I too have a feeling we are going to see $50 for 20Gb of data this BF. Just hope to see BYOD deals as I wouldn't want to do a contract..
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3641 posts
4538 upvotes
docshah wrote: I too have a feeling we are going to see $50 for 20Gb of data this BF. Just hope to see BYOD deals as I wouldn't want to do a contract..
Am obviously "old school" as my psychological max for services like mobile phone is 50$ after taxes.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3494 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
COALslaw wrote: I'm on 45$ for 4 GB. Got the auto offer of 55$ for 7 gigs. Nah.
got the exact same plan and offer, but i already had the bonus 5gig for 24 months from last summer.
====================================
Dec 15, 2013
33 posts
16 upvotes
I just signed in to look for the offer and noticed my limit is now 23GB! wowza, I'm on a $50 13GB retention plan and they added the 10GB automatically. I don't hate rogers as much anymore... for now.
Apr 21, 2009
71 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
aviator77 wrote: My wife and I are on corporate plans with fully subsidized devices from 2 years back - 6GB/65$. Not surprising - no free data on our account either.

In fact, I was advised that Rogers is no longer allowing us to add additional data packages on our plan (wife usually needs to add 1.5-3GB a month and has as recently as October). Their solution was $95/10GB.... Declined of course. Thankfully our contract is up in 2 months and we can take our business elsewhere.
^ This is my wife and myself, basically. Our contract is almost up (December) A day or so ago I got a random text “rewarding” me with an additional 5GB. My wife checked hers but no add on for her. When I called Rogers to ask why she didn’t get a bump too, our accounts were linked, I was told it was a targeted add-on. Not cool IMO, my wife and I have been long time Rogers customers but that sounded like BS to me so if I got the deal she should have got it as well. /end rant
Sep 26, 2020
43 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
ark777 wrote: No it doesn't say anything about it expiring on text message, Rogers app or the web. Screenshots below. Did your original 3gb bonus say that it would expire in 24 months? If so, where did you see that? I'm not sure how they're targeting people, but what's funny is that I'm almost coming up to one year since I took their winback plan.
The 3GB bonus when I had stated it right in the invoice area on the bill right beside the bonus area.
May 13, 2015
244 posts
699 upvotes
Ontario
andykumar wrote: You might see it like that, but nowhere close to reality.

If you take the $80.50 without discount it’s $75 (plan) + $40 (subsidy) = $115. Since it’s discounted at 30% right off the bat, I pay only $80.50. This also means the plan is actually $52.50 and the device subsidy is $28.

Over 24 months I pay $1260 for the plan and $672 for the device. I already paid $540 upfront at time of purchase. This means the $1500 device is actually $1212.

I paid almost $300 less for the iPhone and only $1260 for the plan.

Edit: of course if they no longer allow upgrades on that plan I’ll get a voice-only plan and let her keep the data sim and buy iPhone direct from apple.

Edit 2: I added a pic of calculations. It’s not a direct comparison but I chose lowest Telus plan of 20 gb which is 7x more data than my wife needs. I end up paying almost $500 more if I switch. In both situations I chose a $1500 iPhone with an up-front portion and $40/month device charge to lower monthly cost. It’s as close as I can get.
Good Math - however, you do realize that while you save on the phone, you usually end up paying more for less data that kinda eats up that $300 savings? I would rather pay for the phone and get a bigger data plan and will still save money. My math would have me sign up for an EPP plan like I had which was $60 for 20 GB and buy the phone upfront. Agreed, this is an upfront cost but then I would be saving $360 and would have more data at my disposal.

But then, it’s about personal choice. Nothing right or wrong.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
May 13, 2015
244 posts
699 upvotes
Ontario
joe_wing007 wrote: $50/15GB plan!? How??? I'm on an old plan for $50/2GB...I call from time to time just to pry free GBs added to my plan...horrible robbers.
Honestly, it should be a crime paying so much for so little data Face With Tears Of Joy
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Banned
Oct 17, 2020
130 posts
482 upvotes
pmehley wrote: Honestly, it should be a crime paying so much for so little data Face With Tears Of Joy
The real crime should be how they continue to charge this poor guy that rate for 2GB. Then they wonder why they get hate on so much.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1292 posts
256 upvotes
GTA
Nope. None for me. ON a Corporate plan. $48/5gig all in.
Feb 21, 2017
161 posts
77 upvotes
pmehley wrote: Good Math - however, you do realize that while you save on the phone, you usually end up paying more for less data that kinda eats up that $300 savings? I would rather pay for the phone and get a bigger data plan and will still save money. My math would have me sign up for an EPP plan like I had which was $60 for 20 GB and buy the phone upfront. Agreed, this is an upfront cost but then I would be saving $360 and would have more data at my disposal.

But then, it’s about personal choice. Nothing right or wrong.
True, but if I'm saving already and my wife barely uses data (1-3GB per month for the last couple years), this is the best for now.

We'll look into the voice-only plan next year when the contract expires and use eSIM for that, and a physical SIM from my Telus POM Connect plan for data. I have a 50GB plan for $75.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)