• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 11:21 am
May 13, 2015
244 posts
699 upvotes
Ontario
atlantic_man wrote: Don't know what the hell is going on with these carriers handing out free data but ...

How to reach Trudeau? Is he/she working at Rogers retention department? LOL
Winback.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Aug 17, 2003
222 posts
38 upvotes
pmehley wrote: Good Math - however, you do realize that while you save on the phone, you usually end up paying more for less data that kinda eats up that $300 savings? I would rather pay for the phone and get a bigger data plan and will still save money. My math would have me sign up for an EPP plan like I had which was $60 for 20 GB and buy the phone upfront. Agreed, this is an upfront cost but then I would be saving $360 and would have more data at my disposal.

But then, it’s about personal choice. Nothing right or wrong.
It's not personal choice, it's math. His plan is a good deal. Anytime a carrier is willing to give you a phone with a discount on your existing plan (assuming you did your research and the plan is good) the it's best to take it rather than buy a phone outright.

You are spending $60mo on a plan + buying a phone outright. He's spending $50 on a plan that suits his and instead of buying a phone outright he's financing it at 0% interest from Rogers and they even gave him $300+ off the phone. I'm all about buying outright if you're stuck on a too good to be true legacy plan (I've had a few) but your plan isn't one such plan considering all the deals. Even at a basic current deal of $75/20GB (I'm sure you can find better) the monthly price difference over 2yrs is $360 - which is almost what he saved on the phone - except he's not spending $1500 out of pocket for it.

Point is, financing a phone - especially if they're giving you a discount - is not inherently a bad deal. It's actually better than it was (back in the day) since it's over the top in terms of the plan price and drops off once paid off.
Feb 14, 2017
177 posts
187 upvotes
La Prairie, QC
KenAdams wrote: Reach out to Rogers again. Ask them for the $50 15GB plan BYOD. I asked for it and got it. I was on the same plan as you.
I called them, spoke to a CSR and then to a loyalty rep. As soon as I mentioned the offer, they were like "Oh yeah, tons of people calling today for that". The RFD effect!!! Face With Tears Of Joy Loyalty rep said that those offers are generated by the system, and even they have no idea how the lucky "winners" are chosen. Some people have been with them for over 25 years and didn't get the offer.

So, after after long long talks, managed to get an extra GB, lol.

I'll keep an eye for offers on BF, maybe I'll switch if I see something cheaper than the 45$/5GB that I have now.
Dec 23, 2012
123 posts
33 upvotes
CONCORD
I did get the text from Rogers yesterday about the "5gb data bonus" -- but when i signed into my rogers app, i didn't see the bonus added so i reached out to rogers on FB chat. Rogers FB chat rep offered me 5gb bonus for 12 months.

From the chat transcript:
I verify this offer and I see it is an expired promotion, I am sorry that you received this text message today.
However, I was able to add a loyalty data bonus of 5GB to your file.:)
I added the bonus today for the next 12 months.
The data will be prorated since your billing cycle is the 1st of each month.
If you change your plan in the next 12 months, the bonus will automatically expire.

I'm on a Rogers EPP plan, $43/mo (5gb + 5gb bonus for 12 mo)
May 23, 2011
43 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton
Hmm. Currently at 5GB $50 finance plan, and they’re offering $55 for 15GB on one line and 10GB on the other. Think I’ll hold off. I’m barely using any data anyway, with the pandemic.
Banned
Oct 26, 2014
326 posts
170 upvotes
Just a heads up, the add on button now works online. Had the +10Gb offer for 24 months in my exclusive offers , but couldn't apply it online. Was told to try again on Friday, then call if doesn't work.
It just worked without me having to call anyone which is great, went from $60 for 15Gb to 25Gb.
MUCH OBLIGED ROGERS Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
Jul 13, 2020
44 posts
42 upvotes
DannyC01 wrote: Just a heads up, the add on button now works online. Had the +10Gb offer for 24 months in my exclusive offers , but couldn't apply it online. Was told to try again on Friday, then call if doesn't work.
It just worked without me having to call anyone which is great, went from $60 for 15Gb to 25Gb.

Sweet thanks for the confirmation. Just tried it again and it finally worked! 30GB for the next 24 months is not bad.
Currently on the $60 15GB no tab plan.
Sep 18, 2018
74 posts
22 upvotes
OracerO wrote: Nope. None for me. ON a Corporate plan. $48/5gig all in.
Same plan for me and haven't received anything as of yet.
Apr 8, 2011
396 posts
956 upvotes
Calgary
DannyC01 wrote: Just a heads up, the add on button now works online. Had the +10Gb offer for 24 months in my exclusive offers , but couldn't apply it online. Was told to try again on Friday, then call if doesn't work.
Yup, finally worked for me now too.
Feb 8, 2011
797 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Damn does not show me.... well i have unlimited data.
Jul 3, 2002
185 posts
4 upvotes
Gatineau
I have 4 lines on a 40$/8gig per month/per line plan... 2 lines got upgraded to 18gb, 2 did not.
Won 1 Ipod using 502 NPN and 2 real one.
Won on a redraw, Oct 29th, 2004. Received: Nov. 10, 2004
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4290 posts
1375 upvotes
Brampton
Finally found the details, go to change plans and it shows my current plan +10G, click on the info:
Info about your bonus
You’ll be getting 10 GB of bonus data per month for 24 months effective 08-11-2020
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Oct 2, 2012
426 posts
286 upvotes
Ottawa
No offer for me. I'm on corp 2 line 5GB shared $116 tax in.
Apr 8, 2011
396 posts
956 upvotes
Calgary
yorkhvac wrote: Damn does not show me.... well i have unlimited data.
Just curious, what were you expecting you might get then?
Aug 4, 2010
157 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t know how data limits are still a thing in Canada... Americans have had US$45 unlimited for a while now.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
3073 posts
281 upvotes
GTA
willrick wrote: I have 4 lines on a 40$/8gig per month/per line plan... 2 lines got upgraded to 18gb, 2 did not.
Did you get a txt? Did you have to do anything?
Got 1 out of 3 with no action on my part.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27829 posts
7968 upvotes
Hamilton
Barn01 wrote: No offer for me. I'm on corp 2 line 5GB shared $116 tax in.
Should just switch to Zoomer Wireless
hated on but respected.
Aug 23, 2011
18 posts
4 upvotes
CALGARY
Hey Danny, where does it show that your 10gb offer is for 24 months? I'm looking around the site and app, and I don't see mine for 24 months. I spoke with a rep and she said mine was applied until I change my plan, but I wonder if she was wrong, since most of you are seeing it for 24 months.
Jul 3, 2002
185 posts
4 upvotes
Gatineau
cil254 wrote: Did you get a txt? Did you have to do anything?
Got 1 out of 3 with no action on my part.
no SMS, No action, nothing. 1 line is my daughter (she was barely using 1g a month) and the other line is my Father in law that lives with us, and he is not a heavy user either.
Won 1 Ipod using 502 NPN and 2 real one.
Won on a redraw, Oct 29th, 2004. Received: Nov. 10, 2004