• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 11:21 am
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4290 posts
1375 upvotes
Brampton
ark777 wrote: Hey Danny, where does it show that your 10gb offer is for 24 months? I'm looking around the site and app, and I don't see mine for 24 months. I spoke with a rep and she said mine was applied until I change my plan, but I wonder if she was wrong, since most of you are seeing it for 24 months.
on mobile Rogers site, go to change plans, it will show more info of your current plan.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11719 posts
4454 upvotes
Barn01 wrote: No offer for me. I'm on corp 2 line 5GB shared $116 tax in.
I think if you are on a phone subsidy contract you don't get the offer.
Feb 1, 2019
118 posts
160 upvotes
ItsCounts wrote: Same I went into my account and had 10GB for 24Months, but couldn't add it. Weird, since I got this offer on my number, but my parents didn't and they're on the same plan as me.
I tried again today and was able to add the 10GB to my account.
Oct 2, 2012
426 posts
286 upvotes
Ottawa
kool1 wrote: I think if you are on a phone subsidy contract you don't get the offer.
Both phones were BYOD
Mar 4, 2009
21 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
jaybvee wrote: ^ This is my wife and myself, basically. Our contract is almost up (December) A day or so ago I got a random text “rewarding” me with an additional 5GB. My wife checked hers but no add on for her. When I called Rogers to ask why she didn’t get a bump too, our accounts were linked, I was told it was a targeted add-on. Not cool IMO, my wife and I have been long time Rogers customers but that sounded like BS to me so if I got the deal she should have got it as well. /end rant
May be worth contacting Rogers again.... just finished with a Rogers chat rep to find out about buying out our devices/cancelling. Offered 10GB/$65 on both devices as a "loyalty" offer and they covered the remainder of our device balances which totaled about $100 so we are now month to month. Quite surprised considering the atrocious experience we have had with Rogers over the past 2 years. Will probably still port out my wife's number dependent on BF deals but at least we now have the option without buying out the devices.

Maybe now that our plans have changed we will see the data offer in a few days. *fingers crossed*
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
3073 posts
281 upvotes
GTA
willrick wrote: no SMS, No action, nothing. 1 line is my daughter (she was barely using 1g a month) and the other line is my Father in law that lives with us, and he is not a heavy user either.
Very interesting. Same here, the only line that was upgraded was the one with very little data usage.
My 2 other lines that get close to the limit didn't get an offer.
I guess Rogers is trying to retain the low data users so they don't switch to Zoomer or others to save a few dollars.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1622 posts
1089 upvotes
Toronto
bczk wrote: I don’t know how data limits are still a thing in Canada... Americans have had US$45 unlimited for a while now.
Welcome to Canada where they rob customers of there money for upgrading infustruscture to give us throttled unlimited plans.
May 13, 2015
244 posts
699 upvotes
Ontario
vro29 wrote: It's not personal choice, it's math. His plan is a good deal. Anytime a carrier is willing to give you a phone with a discount on your existing plan (assuming you did your research and the plan is good) the it's best to take it rather than buy a phone outright.

You are spending $60mo on a plan + buying a phone outright. He's spending $50 on a plan that suits his and instead of buying a phone outright he's financing it at 0% interest from Rogers and they even gave him $300+ off the phone. I'm all about buying outright if you're stuck on a too good to be true legacy plan (I've had a few) but your plan isn't one such plan considering all the deals. Even at a basic current deal of $75/20GB (I'm sure you can find better) the monthly price difference over 2yrs is $360 - which is almost what he saved on the phone - except he's not spending $1500 out of pocket for it.

Point is, financing a phone - especially if they're giving you a discount - is not inherently a bad deal. It's actually better than it was (back in the day) since it's over the top in terms of the plan price and drops off once paid off.
Yeah..about my plan. That was mentioned only for example. My plan is $50/20 GB and phone is a discounted phone when bought under a promotion...spread across 2 years of 0% interest payments. Only difference is, I have more data for the same spend. That’s why I said, personal choice which is driven by the needs.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Dec 20, 2019
5 posts
3 upvotes
I checked my account. I got the 10 Gb and I didn’t get any messages from them. What I pay is still more than a winback customer would pay
Aug 23, 2011
18 posts
4 upvotes
CALGARY
prod wrote: on mobile Rogers site, go to change plans, it will show more info of your current plan.
So something interesting. I checked where you said to change plans, and it said that I have it for 24 months. So I contacted a Rogers rep because I was told that I would have it until I changed the plan, but the site says something different. The rep I spoke to today told me the same thing as the rep from yesterday, my 10gb bonus data is for life until I change my plan, there's no expiry date such as 24 months. The rep said the promo code on my account had a description which states: "This offer is effective from November 07, 2020 and is ongoing. This offer is available nationally for targeted Consumer and SOHO customers. They’ll get a 10GB data bonus each month for as long as they remain on their plan."

Who's right? The two rogers reps I spoke with and what they saw on their system, or the plan portion on the Rogers website?....
Sep 26, 2020
43 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
MattK82563 wrote: I tried again today and was able to add the 10GB to my account.
Lol... I checked today and now the offer is gone, saying I don't got any exclusive offers anymore and no bonus data has been added to my account. My other 2 lines on the account still showing exclusive offers, but those aren't 10GB Bonus, just your typical making you change other to a new plan that is worse.
Sep 26, 2020
43 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
cil254 wrote: Very interesting. Same here, the only line that was upgraded was the one with very little data usage.
My 2 other lines that get close to the limit didn't get an offer.
I guess Rogers is trying to retain the low data users so they don't switch to Zoomer or others to save a few dollars.
Seems about right, my line got the offer, but I couldn't add it on at all and contacted the reps and they were not able to help me. I checked again today and now the offer is gone from the account (while my other two lines on the account actually use a lot of data, while for me I barely use any.)

**Update** just got off livechat with rep, they straight up told me it was sent to me by accident (the promo in my account) and now that's why it isn't showing there anymore and they can't do anything.
Nov 19, 2018
293 posts
1211 upvotes
I received the text two days ago on my corporate plan and did live chat to confirm. I was told it could not be added to my plan (they gave me $50 credit). Today I received another text:

Rogers svc msg: We offered you 5GB of free monthly data as a thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer and we meant it. You may not have seen the offer when you signed in to your MyRogers account and for that we apologize. The error has now been fixed and the free data bonus has been applied to your account. No need to do anything-the bonus data will be renewed every month for free! Thank you for choosing Rogers!

Just did live chat and the agent was able to add it to my account.

Edit: add photo
Images
  • 1BBEA411-B3BD-4594-8B87-955686DCBAB9.jpeg
Mar 24, 2012
141 posts
52 upvotes
Etobicoke
LuckyBaybee wrote: I received the text two days ago on my corporate plan and did live chat to confirm. I was told it could not be added to my plan (they gave me $50 credit). Today I received another text:

Rogers svc msg: We offered you 5GB of free monthly data as a thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer and we meant it. You may not have seen the offer when you signed in to your MyRogers account and for that we apologize. The error has now been fixed and the free data bonus has been applied to your account. No need to do anything-the bonus data will be renewed every month for free! Thank you for choosing Rogers!

Just did live chat and the agent was able to add it to my account.

Edit: add photo
I wasn't able to add the 10GB a couple of days ago but went on chat and was given 5GB for two years. Today I received a text saying the same as above but for 10GB. Sure enough, I got the 10GB as well. I am on the $50/15GB plan and now have 30GB.
Mar 3, 2012
342 posts
194 upvotes
HAMILTON
Wow free 10gb for free!
Way to go Rogers.
I called bell the other day to see do they have any kind of promotion. He offered me to stop my data after 10gb so I don't charged overage for 5$
May 13, 2015
244 posts
699 upvotes
Ontario
Igoran4s wrote: Wow free 10gb for free!
Way to go Rogers.
I called bell the other day to see do they have any kind of promotion. He offered me to stop my data after 10gb so I don't charged overage for 5$
Wow!! So, the rep went above & beyond your expectations 🤣
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Mar 3, 2012
342 posts
194 upvotes
HAMILTON
pmehley wrote: Wow!! So, the rep went above & beyond your expectations 🤣
Oh yeah
Would definitely recommend bell to my enemies and annoying relatives Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3642 posts
4539 upvotes
Just checked the current plan on MYROGERS and it NHL Centre Ice is included....I thought Rogers removed the access from mobile customers.
Also, pardon my mobile ignorance, but after the 2 year contract is over should the bill decrease b/c the actual phone payments are over or is continuing to charge the same amount just a CRTC loophole on contacts Rogers is exploiting?
Nov 11, 2018
134 posts
188 upvotes
Nothing here. Apparently on a $65 for 15 GB retention plan (was +3 GB but that expired last month). Was unable to provide the 10 GB offer or reduce to $50 for 15 GB. Wish I was able to hop onto the Freedom to Fido offer. The Freedom rep would not allow me to buy the prepaid plan without topping up lol...