Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers Wireless

Qc. Only: BYOP 7GB Share Everything+ Plan $57/month province wide unlimited + eligible to up to 30% corp discount

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 10:40 am
Mar 25, 2017
3 posts
Although I know that this doesn't entirely relate to the thread, here's a quick update for anyone wondering about the option of using a Quebec number without the option of porting your old ontario number,

This is the process I am currently going through and it seems to be working, I'll sum it up in a few points and I can
extensively go into details if anyone has any questions or concerns. Mind you, I'm half way there as I already technically got the approval after talking with two reps, on two separate days and at two different locations (Rogers in Vancouver, Rogers in Toronto) they just need to do a credit check tomorrow because I didn't have time to provide them with that type of information today, but I have yet to have any problems and I should be approved no problem. To me it all sounds a bit too easy and I feel like people have been doing this for years, obviously with Koodo, and correct me if I'm wrong, but have people been doing this with the big three for years or what?

Here are some of my points and the current process I'm going through,

- First, you need a Quebec address. They are very persistent about it and how there's no way around it without a Quebec address. In my case, I told them that I am a student
and the rest is history, although I mean that is true ( I also don't condone any of this, but msg me for more information ) .
- I actually do have a distant family friend who resides in Montreal, so I will provide them with that address tomorrow.
- For you to get the Quebec plan, you need a Quebec number, thus you need a Quebec address to actually receive a Quebec number now.
- I tried doing this at my local rogers kiosk, but no luck as they kept insisting that after recent updates they can only do Ontario plans, I was fine with that because the CS rep was nice enough
to provide me with a rogers main phone number and she reassured me that I could do it over the phone without having to go to Montreal to do so.
- So far I called them twice to see and hear what the agents have to say, and honestly, they don't really care as long as you have a Quebec address and use work or school related matter as your "valid reason" to get this plan
- They seem lenient with the address so I assume people can figure this out... ( I also do not endorse this in anyway, just a thought)..
- With that being said as many of you know, you won't be able to port your Ontario number, so in my case that's fine because almost everyone I know has a nationwide plan to begin with.

Lastly, I am still looking to get the phone I want discounted (iPhone 7plus), generally I'm a blackberry guy, currently on the priv with telus but I pay 120-140+ monthly for 2gbs due to overages.. So the steep
price for the iPhone is something I'm trying to get discounted, so far I got a 100 bucks off if i do it over the phone which would be great, but the catch is that they have to send the phone to the billing address (Montreal) which is no good because I told them I obviously won't be there anytime soon..... So I'm wondering if I can get a 100 dollar deduction or even 50 in any other way and have the capability of just picking up the phone at my local rogers kiosk, does anyone have any advice on that?
Lastly, thanks for the reply djino.
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone knows whether we can successfully port in a ONT number to those QC FIDO plans?
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1640 posts
442 upvotes
Mississauga
And on a similar note, I'm already with Rogers in ON. If I change my address to a QC address, will I be able to change my plan without changing my number?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
apoorv wrote: And on a similar note, I'm already with Rogers in ON. If I change my address to a QC address, will I be able to change my plan without changing my number?
The province of the area code is what allows you to change your plan. It doesn't matter what address you keep. If you have an ON number, you won't be able to select a Quebec plan (even if you have a Quebec address).

djino
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3427 posts
1901 upvotes
Montreal, QC
good thing i made the upgrade to 10gb couple days ago
Mar 29, 2013
168 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
How do I get this plan? I dont mind a 343 number, but 613 would be nice.

I'm in Ottawa, but dont mind going to hull to do this.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
PilotInTraining wrote: How do I get this plan? I dont mind a 343 number, but 613 would be nice.

I'm in Ottawa, but dont mind going to hull to do this.
You won't be able to get it with a non Quebec area code. Just get a Gatineau 819 number.

Djino
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
My first Bill with indicating no other charges but the $49+tax for my 10GB Plan.

Really hope Rogers/myself never needs to make any changes to my account :)

djino
Mar 29, 2013
168 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
djino wrote: You won't be able to get it with a non Quebec area code. Just get a Gatineau 819 number.

Djino
Any way to get this with a ottawa address?
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
PilotInTraining wrote: Any way to get this with a ottawa address?
The Limited Time offer is done b.

This thread should be moved to Expired Deals.

Should have jumped ship when i had the chance but oh well.... you live and learn.

Need some new competition in ONT i swear. Eff this collusion and oligopoly.
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
PilotInTraining wrote: Any way to get this with a ottawa address?
As per the recent posts in this thread, the 7GB plan is no longer available and the 10GB plan has gone back to his regular $85 price point.

And to answer your question, you can get a Quebec plan with any address, its only the phone number that matters.

djino
Sep 17, 2008
97 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Quick question.... is it possible to reuse the corp code? I was able to generate a discount code, but says only valid for primary line. How do I get the same discount for any succeeding line? thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
dbrinch wrote: Quick question.... is it possible to reuse the corp code? I was able to generate a discount code, but says only valid for primary line. How do I get the same discount for any succeeding line? thanks
Corp discount is only good for primary line.

Djino
Sep 17, 2008
97 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
I see... sorry if I miss the info in the thread, but how do I get/apply discount on a second line (for the wife)?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
dbrinch wrote: I see... sorry if I miss the info in the thread, but how do I get/apply discount on a second line (for the wife)?
If you have a Desjardins Bank account you can get 10% on the 2nd line. If your wife works for a business that qualifies for a corp discount, then she can sign up for her own Rogers account as a single primary line and add the discount.

djino
Sep 17, 2008
97 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
I was able to set up a share everything SK plan last week with 16GB data $80/month less 30% discount ($24) and my total per month is around $56 plus taxes. I do have a new SK number, but I simply ported out my Toronto number to fongo and forwarded all calls to my new number. Everyone in my contact list know my new number so its not an issue having a SK number. They can still call and text my 416 number since I will still get their message (especially for our doctors, dentist, lawyers, etc...).

Yesterday, we (me and the Rogers Store Rep) just found out that anyone with a SK account as the primary line CAN NO LONGER add out of province lines without changing the plan. The system will automatically set the primary line to the more expensive province plan (i.e. ON) then the succeeding lines to the lower priced plans accordingly. When I set up the primary line last week, this was not the case. Unfortunately, I decided not to add and port my wife Koodo at that time since I was waiting for the billing period to end to save money. I even had a livechat before the weekend the rep said that I can add more lines with any area codes as long as the primary line is still under SK plan with SK number and address. So I guess this loophole was closed very recently.

Anyways, the rogers store rep was surprised when she can no longer do it and prompted her to call the activation centre. She even asked why it allowed her to do it a week ago and person on the other end told her that 'apparently', non SK based subscribers have taken advantage of this and they have put a stop on it.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
I'm kind of getting screwed on my bill and what I was promised by the Rogers store.

I was told primary line with tab would be 30% off 7GB share everything plan.

I was told 2nd line on share everything plan no tab (byod) would be $10 off = $35 and Desjardins could be applied on top of that.

Now Togers is telling me that I was provided the wrong information and it is only $5 off the 2nd line and 10% Desjardins can't be combined.

I have internal incident # and case # with Rogers agents confirming i should get this pricing and now that it has been escalated, they told me that the store and the chat agents were wrong, only $5 discount could be applied and they gave me a $100 credit for the mistake, but I'm not satisfied , I want what they told me I would get.

What do you guys think?

I was to