Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Nov 10, 2010
20 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
I updated my Data plan from 500mb to 1gb yesterday and my billing cycle starts today. I noticed on MyRogers, my usage limit is now showing 1.5gb. Does this mean i will be billed for both the 500mb and 1gb data plans for this month? Shouldnt they credit me for my the last bill 500mb plan? Also, for some reason they are not budging on any more than $5 data cred :(
Nov 19, 2008
811 posts
43 upvotes
Markham
dealsmuggler wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 1:49 am
I updated my Data plan from 500mb to 1gb yesterday and my billing cycle starts today. I noticed on MyRogers, my usage limit is now showing 1.5gb. Does this mean i will be billed for both the 500mb and 1gb data plans for this month? Shouldnt they credit me for my the last bill 500mb plan? Also, for some reason they are not budging on any more than $5 data cred :(

I dunno bout the pro rated data part, but i can relate to the not budging on the $5 data credit, i wanted to get 500mb of data for my plan (currently only have unlimited e-mail and bbm package with $5 data credit) they wouldnt budge on me changing to 500mb with $10 data credit :(
Lady i spoke to in retentions told me that my account is already heavily discounted and if I was to get audited that I could lose my credits cause i have the $17.50 plan that shouldn't have any discounts at all! is this true? im getting all paranoid now, anyone know if the retentions rep has the ability to get my account audited? or do people just get audited by random?
Nov 21, 2010
262 posts
54 upvotes
Mendesb wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 12:34 am
Never knew u were an employee!!

I still use account tiers when I call in... older system :P Allows me to give people retention plans as new activations.

theres 4 requirements, some reps dont care about the other 2, but 15days, 30min is major.
Lolz yea, were you one too?
Old system? All I know they've all changed. No clue what you're talking about. Even through the system I saw got changed haha...

But BIG BIG BIG on the 15 days AND less than 30 minutes of talk time. HUGE. I can't emphasize this any more lolz. There's no way around it once you hit that 30mins mark. No joke.
Rikon wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 2:18 am
I dunno bout the pro rated data part, but i can relate to the not budging on the $5 data credit, i wanted to get 500mb of data for my plan (currently only have unlimited e-mail and bbm package with $5 data credit) they wouldnt budge on me changing to 500mb with $10 data credit :(
Lady i spoke to in retentions told me that my account is already heavily discounted and if I was to get audited that I could lose my credits cause i have the $17.50 plan that shouldn't have any discounts at all! is this true? im getting all paranoid now, anyone know if the retentions rep has the ability to get my account audited? or do people just get audited by random?
Depends which $17.50 plan you have. There's two codes on the system.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
Yushimi wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 3:04 am
Lolz yea, were you one too?
Old system? All I know they've all changed. No clue what you're talking about. Even through the system I saw got changed haha...

But BIG BIG BIG on the 15 days AND less than 30 minutes of talk time. HUGE. I can't emphasize this any more lolz. There's no way around it once you hit that 30mins mark. No joke.

Depends which $17.50 plan you have. There's two codes on the system.
No, I just got an 1100 $ bill back in 06'
i had on tape that it wasnt m fault, but on tape, the employees didnt say their employee # so recording wasnt valid.

edit: i did do contract work for wireless wave for a few months. But I was dealing with bell plans only really
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
Its in the Hot Deal Forum, no one has posted for 3hours, and theres 30 people watching.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Deal Addict
May 29, 2009
1070 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
Mendesb wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 8:04 am
No, I just got an 1100 $ bill back in 06'
i had on tape that it wasnt m fault, but on tape, the employees didnt say their employee # so recording wasnt valid.

edit: i did do contract work for wireless wave for a few months. But I was dealing with bell plans only really

Sounds like they were just trying to throw you off. Have any of them given their Employee ID #? I mean name and date/time should be more than enoiugh for them to cross reference, since they supposedly record everything too...
Aug 30, 2003
366 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
My company had a corporate plan with Bell for 250/unlim eve wnd/2500txt,vm,cid/3gb data for $40/mo

I called rogers retention and got

250/unlim eve wnd
2500txt,vm,cid
100 LD min
1gb data

for 42+tax

Is this good?
Should I call back and try to get it down to cheaper? ( don't think I need more data) What approach should I use considering I just got this yesterday? Thanks in advance
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
msqrade wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 11:31 am
Sounds like they were just trying to throw you off. Have any of them given their Employee ID #? I mean name and date/time should be more than enoiugh for them to cross reference, since they supposedly record everything too...

lol I know, this was longggg ago.

in store I had CSR/ Store Manager + caller center lady. All didnt know WTF they were doing, and it resulted in me getting an 1,100 $ bill. It was the beginning steps of me running my wireless consulting business :)
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
Dec 8, 2007
162 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
Anyone know retentions hours? Is it Mon-Fri only or do they work on the weekends too? Thanks!
Feb 11, 2009
176 posts
43 upvotes
Since when is the 17.50$ retention voice plan has unlimited weekends and evening @ 9PM? I got charged for early evening 6pm for 7$....not credited

The lady told me that it only starts at 9pm, while first page on this thread says 6pm. Note that I was not talking to retention, but for billing department mistakes.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
reidlos wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 11:58 am
Anyone know retentions hours? Is it Mon-Fri only or do they work on the weekends too? Thanks!
wireless is M-F
consolidated is M-Su
steph3n wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 12:03 pm
Since when is the 17.50$ retention voice plan has unlimited weekends and evening @ 9PM? I got charged for early evening 6pm for 7$....not credited

The lady told me that it only starts at 9pm, while first page on this thread says 6pm. Note that I was not talking to retention, but for billing department mistakes.

Its always been 9pm, but 95% of the time 6pm gets credited.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
Deal Addict
May 29, 2009
1070 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
Yah, guess in the long run it really helped you.

I think it comes to bite them back. For me, the process of negotiating my cellphone bill to half of what it was was really the fault of them mis-billing me, messing up on pro-rated charges, and not admitting there is a problem. Otherwise they'd still have me paying lots per month.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
msqrade wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 12:28 pm
Yah, guess in the long run it really helped you.

I think it comes to bite them back. For me, the process of negotiating my cellphone bill to half of what it was was really the fault of them mis-billing me, messing up on pro-rated charges, and not admitting there is a problem. Otherwise they'd still have me paying lots per month.

lol, yeap :D

well... otherwise, Id be getting my CA right now.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1735 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't wireless retention open on Saturday until 6 pm?
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
da_way wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 1:29 pm
Isn't wireless retention open on Saturday until 6 pm?

actually, i think ur right.

They are open until 9PM on saturday. I totally forgot. 9PM EST
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64