Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 2, 2010
13 posts
Toronto
Hey Guys..I am planning to order Iphone4, did any one got a better price than they are offering on website? My contract is done and they are not even giving me same plan that I had, so I am seriously thinking to cancel..the only mistake I made was I just renew my GF account with the same BAN..and they got BB Plan..which cost like $53.77.
May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto
jcforum wrote:
Sep 4th, 2010 9:53 pm
does the protector have sides?? and do you know if it's the same quality as invisibleshield??

it sucks.

but then again its $2.85...
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Banned
Sep 7, 2009
236 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Hi I was wondering how much was 1000ld from retentions?

My current plan is a student plan (50$)

my10 canada wide
250daytime
500mb
6pm early
unlimited evening/weekends
unlimited incoming
whocalled
20$ iphone value pack (unlimited extreme pic/vid/text msg, callid, name display, mobile backup, visual voicemail, ringback)

10$ credit for value pack (12$ from rentions)
15$ montly credit

Basically my total bill comes to 37 before taxes + govt fee - 15%

And i was wondering whether anyone thinks id be able to get some long distance minutes (more than 100) for free and double data (5$ credit) within a year?
Jun 20, 2008
222 posts
12 upvotes
Do you guys usually confirm all the changes after they changed your plan?

Do they usually give you a hard time when u call again and ask for the price of the new plan bc u no the person who made the change forgot to apply two months of worry free data? I called them after I received a msg from Rogers stating that I've used 100% of the data.

They started the dialogue saying that you couldn't get any more discount. But I was not asking for more discounts..omg! I just wanted to confirm the price and made sure that no other mistakes're made! They made me feel that it's actually my fault!

I asked him "can you please help me to check if I've unlimited data for the first two months?" He just ignored my first concern and said "we couldn't add anymore discounts for you. You've maxed out your credits." Then he looked at my previous bill and told me the price. But I was asking about my new plan which will start next wk and not my old one.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
All changes on your account should be reflected withint 1 hour. Also you can go to my addons and scroll to bottom to misc section and should be able to see if you have any unlimited data or anything extra added.
yeungnga wrote:
Sep 4th, 2010 11:30 pm
Do you guys usually confirm all the changes after they changed your plan?

Do they usually give you a hard time when u call again and ask for the price of the new plan bc u no the person who made the change forgot to apply two months of worry free data?

They started the dialogue saying that you couldn't get any more discount. But I was not asking for more discounts..omg! I just wanted to confirm the price and made sure no other mistakes're made! They made me feel that it's actually my fault!

I asked him "can you please help me to check if I've unlimited data for the first two months?" He just ignored my first concern and said "we couldn't add anymore discounts for you. You've maxed out your credits." Then he looked at my previous bill and told me the price. But I was asking about my new plan which will start next wk.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Jun 20, 2008
222 posts
12 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Sep 4th, 2010 11:52 pm
All changes on your account should be reflected withint 1 hour. Also you can go to my addons and scroll to bottom to misc section and should be able to see if you have any unlimited data or anything extra added.

But my new plan will start next week. So I cannot see any discounts at this time. I can only see my current plan ($25+2.58+HST), which is not the one under my sig.

Also gave me a lecture on how to avoid overusage!

I just focused on the regular charges and discounts, but not the free data. So it's kind of my fault for not checking MyRogers after the plan change two months ago! I guess!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
haha i know. no wonder robbers have changed their direct retentions number.. RFD effect :lol: :lol:
Ice wrote:
Sep 4th, 2010 4:35 pm
Wow, this new thread was start on Sunday.
The week isn't over yet and we're already at 100 pages!!! :eek:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
yeungnga wrote:
Sep 4th, 2010 11:55 pm
But my new plan will start next week. So I cannot see any discounts at this time. I can only see my current plan ($25+2.58+HST).

Also gave me a lecture on how to avoid overusage!

I just focused on the regular charges and discounts, but not the free data. So it's kind of my fault! I guess.

if the agent was so hostile and mentioned about not giving furthrr discounts it surely means you got some baaad notes into your account at this time :confused:
Jun 20, 2008
222 posts
12 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 12:05 am
if the agent was so hostile and mentioned about not giving furthrr discounts it surely means you got some baaad notes into your account at this time :confused:

So what should I do? I still have to call them to fix the overcharges.
Jan 24, 2007
276 posts
25 upvotes
Ok the HUP section's fixed. Let me know if there's anything else that needs to be done to the guides on the front page. Preferably PM because I rarely read anything past the latest page.
Jun 20, 2008
222 posts
12 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 12:03 am
haha i know. no wonder robbers have changed their direct retentions number.. RFD effect :lol: :lol:

They have changed their retention number. So I was not talking to their retention department today?! lol....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
Kirbyprime wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 12:12 am
Ok the HUP section's fixed. Let me know if there's anything else that needs to be done to the guides on the front page. Preferably PM because I rarely read anything past the latest page.
Yeah it looks good now, i dont know what was happening but i was always ending up with shortcut mismatch.. maybe i was confused about the post numbers lol
btw deal is singh is working for his own tutorial and should have it ready soon.. i also need to finish off my faq but since the last time i lost two pages of work im feeling lazy to start over again :confused:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
yeungnga wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 12:17 am
They have changed their retention number. So I was not talking to their retention department today?! lol....

I personally dont know for sure but thats what I've been hearing lately. Robbers tend to do that time to time, their only reliable contact is thru 611.
Jun 19, 2009
115 posts
9 upvotes
Richmond
AcidBomber wrote:
Sep 4th, 2010 10:35 pm
it sucks.

totally agree..
i bought it and its the worst pos ever
not that i have high expectations but its the worst out there
.. their screen protector makes the fone ugly (huge orange peel) .. dont fit even close to the edges... and can be scratched by ur finger nails..

i rather put tape over my unit ..

on the other hand try those $1.50 ones from dealextreme .. they go on very nicely..
only down side is they dont last forever (i say like 6months)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
are you talking about the crappy stealth guard with the free with shipping one? man stay away from it.
i bought it it was the worst money i ever spent should have rather thrown that in a pond or something..
no precut already screwed up while trying to pull it out,, after attaching so many bubbles, also size was really off center, and it was feeling like a condom!!
update the matt ones from dealextreme are super good, lasted months and months without single bubble on my 3gs.. no fingerprints whatsoever
Ccmboy wrote:
Sep 5th, 2010 12:20 am
totally agree..
i bought it and its the worst pos ever
not that i have high expectations but its the worst out there
.. their screen protector makes the fone ugly (huge orange peel) .. dont fit even close to the edges... and can be scratched by ur finger nails..

i rather put tape over my unit ..

on the other hand try those $1.50 ones from dealextreme .. they go on very nicely..
only down side is they dont last forever (i say like 6months)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)