Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
AcidBomber wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:07 pm
nope.
just caller ID with the number. (unless you have the caller in your contacts)

i have the VP aswell and lately i have been getting name displays aswell, I didnt have them when i had regular caller ID but now i even get name display.
May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto
mrperfect wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:10 pm
Hey buddy can you help out with some guide if you have written one? or are you intrested in writing one? do you also know of any tutorials that we could use? anything that comes into your mind that you will like to see there?

well, the tutorial on the first page is very good.
but i guess the most important thing for people to remember is to not compare with your plan - everyone's experience will be different.

on a different note, seems like my $5 data discount got removed automatically. > :(
guess that'll give me an excuse to try and get a $10 one instead. :lol:
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
Sorry guys I need some sleep it has been an exhausting day and Im having a headache. Will try my best to reply all questions when i re login. :confused:
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto
raps4lyfe wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:33 pm
i have the VP aswell and lately i have been getting name displays aswell, I didnt have them when i had regular caller ID but now i even get name display.

really?
the calls i received lately that were not in my contacts didnt show names... maybe it was blocked from the callers end.
i guess its good that name display is included.
RedFlagDeals.com
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
AcidBomber wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:34 pm
well, the tutorial on the first page is very good.
but i guess the most important thing for people to remember is to not compare with your plan - everyone's experience will be different.

on a different note, seems like my $5 data discount got removed automatically. > :(
guess that'll give me an excuse to try and get a $10 one instead. :lol:

I would definately complain. Dont know what happened but since yesterday they are giving away credits pretty easy. Not sure if they are concerned at pissed of people due to their audit team or what but yeah been reading here and at howard forums and several people receiving credits when they call and complain about "missing credits"
please keep us posted good luck :)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
2791 posts
512 upvotes
Everyone, I need some help.

Guys, last year my plan was up for renewal. I ended up adding the data plan
and got the iPhone 3GS on a 3yr contract.

At the time, I asked the CSR what happens if later I find out that I don't really
use the data plan? She said I could cancel it with a penalty. I asked how much
to cancel and she said $100.

So I went ahead with the HUP. Later I ended up cancelling the data plan and paid
the $100 penalty.

Now I am trying to cancel my account and they're telling me I resigned for another
3yrs so I have another 2yrs remaining.
At no point did I think that my voice plan was also being reset to another 3yrs.
My voice plan did not change at all from before the HUP.

Do I have any recourse on this?

Thanks.
Jun 20, 2008
222 posts
12 upvotes
Magoomba wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:40 pm
Everyone, I need some help.

Guys, last year my plan was up for renewal. I ended up adding the data plan
and got the iPhone 3GS on a 3yr contract.

At the time, I asked the CSR what happens if later I find out that I don't really
use the data plan? She said I could cancel it with a penalty. I asked how much
to cancel and she said $100.

So I went ahead with the HUP. Later I ended up cancelling the data plan and paid
the $100 penalty.

Now I am trying to cancel my account and they're telling me I resigned for another
3yrs so I have another 2yrs remaining.
At no point did I think that my voice plan was also being reset to another 3yrs.
My voice plan did not change at all from before the HUP.

Do I have any recourse on this?

Thanks.

Rogers automatically renewed your contract (voice AND data plan) when you did a hardware upgrade. If you want to cancel your voice plan, then you have to pay the penalty fee. I think it's $400 max.

Think about it this way. It doesn't make any sense for a wireless company to give you a phone at a discounted price without locking you for another 3 year.
May 27, 2007
15691 posts
3124 upvotes
Toronto
mrperfect wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:37 pm
I would definately complain. Dont know what happened but since yesterday they are giving away credits pretty easy. Not sure if they are concerned at pissed of people due to their audit team or what but yeah been reading here and at howard forums and several people receiving credits when they call and complain about "missing credits"
please keep us posted good luck :)

LOL this is hilarious.

so i said the rep accidentally removed the $5 data discount when she did my HUP to iPhone 4 on Friday.
and the rep i talked to said that she can only offer $5 data discount for 500MB data plan. BUT, she said she'll give me a $10 data discount if i go for the 6GB (which is what i wanted from the start)!

so now i have 6GB for $20. awesome!!! :lol:
RedFlagDeals.com
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6198 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal
EDIT: I have really difficulty in reducing my price point, being friendly and asking for help was not a big help recently, might have to try something different.
Aug 11, 2009
56 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby, BC
i am 3 months short into my 2 years contract with rogers... just called and asked about the upgrade path to iphone 4, the rep indicated if i can wait for 3 months, stock will be for sure coming back, and he says if i am concerned about the mins on my account, rogers will add 3 months unlimited incoming call to my account, and then i can call back after 3 months to seek upgrade option...

thx for that phone number :) CS picked up right away... i was like wow... and asked is it regular CS or retention rep LOL
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1104 posts
89 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:19 pm
You dont have to pay anyone, with a little hardwork you can easily have what you want. There are several people who continue to negotiate great plans here on a daily basis. Life would be boring if you could just pay off for everything please keep some excitement it is always fun to deal with retentions and you will be addicted once you try it :evil:

This is true... Been there done that No time or energy left to shave $30+ off my plan...

I'm getting something almost identical to your plan, but only 550 daytime, and I'm paying $55 + fake guv fee + taxes... I thought that was good. But holy, your plan is almost not even real at the price!

You know too much about this rentention business for me to call your bluff on that price... I.e i won't ask you to post a bill.... I didn't know they could credit more than what your monthly plan costs are?!
Aug 24, 2010
31 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
AcidBomber wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 7:55 pm
LOL this is hilarious.

so i said the rep accidentally removed the $5 data discount when she did my HUP to iPhone 4 on Friday.
and the rep i talked to said that she can only offer $5 data discount for 500MB data plan. BUT, she said she'll give me a $10 data discount if i go for the 6GB (which is what i wanted from the start)!

so now i have 6GB for $20. awesome!!! :lol:

That's hilarious! That's like asking if you want 500 MB or 6 GB for $20. The choice is pretty obvious.
iPhone 4 Plan | 200 Day Minutes | Unltd Eve+Wknds Starting at 6PM | Unltd Network Calling | Unltd Text Msging | 6GB Data Plan | Caller ID | Call Manager | WhoCalled | $37.50 + GRRF
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
23 upvotes
Here's my tip, I only deal with Fido..but I imagine it could help.

You also want to call at a good time. Think about it, it's Friday night 8:45PM...do you really want to spend 25++ minutes into your weekend telling someone they can't have this and that and how policy is policy, and what-not. Not really. I find that nearing the end of business hours, some Reps are willing to get things done quicker and hassle-free so they can leave...so they may be inclined to listen to you so they don't have to deal with you.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1298 posts
147 upvotes
Great thread mrperfect! Bookmarked :)

I would like to get your opinion on the plan I managed to negotiate :

Code: Select all

-250Mins w/ unlimited evenings (8PM)  and weekends 
-6GB data
-CID,VM and 2500 Txt messages
-Rogers to Rogers Free
-Unlimited Incoming
-100 LD mins
My bill before taxes is $47
Your opinion will be greatly appreciated :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7392 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
That's a great deal. It's the $25 Retentions Plan + $30 Data + $10 Value Pack + 3 features valued at say $5 each. $80 worth of stuff for $45 + fees/taxes. I wasn't able to get the LD, Incoming, or R2R =/

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)