[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
kamozee wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 9:22 am
I just got enhanced voicemail as a separate feature so I could get a credit. Now I have
Caller ID ($8 credited)
Unlimited text ($10 credited)
Enhanced voicemail ($7 credited)

So the total above is $25 which is credited to the account. The iPhone value pack is $20 but I have been told that it is not credited by many reps. Has anyone done this successfully? I would like to have visual voicemail instead of enhanced voicemail for free.

I've done it multiple times......... in terms of negotiating, skills need to be 9+.....

Just remember they will give you iphone VP $20 for 1 month free to try. And your credits are not same as what package contains.

Something i wish to keep to myself for time being... no one tought me and i had to learn the inner workings of system and reps. If you screw it up, your stuck in maxed out credit plan and loosing partial credits.

Any are you sure you want visual voicemail,,,,, i tried i liked and hate it now( as you need 3g service to use and when outskirts you miss out on messages till you get a 3g signal ), now on VM ->txt
May 29, 2008
9 posts
1 upvote
Canada
I just resigned my contract with Rogers and here are my plan details

Previous plan

200 mins
Unlimited evening weekend from 6pm
My5 credited
100 CDN long distance credited
VM,CD,2500 txts

For 29.93+tax

New plan

300 mins
My5 credited
VM,CD,2500 txts
500 mb data (10 credit)

For 44.93 + tax

My question is I just checked myrogers and it says that my data credit expires in 1 year even though I just signed up for a 3 year contract. Should I call in right away to get it extended? Or wait until near the end of the expiry date? Also, what do you guys say on follow-up calls to tweak the contract better to your liking? As I have already signed up for a 3 year contract, I don’t really have cancelling the plan as leverage anymore.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
EH15 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:18 am
About how many calls does it take to push the notes down? Everytime I've called they've told me I'm maxed out.

Post your plan, maybe you are maxed out ........ but changes here and there can make more discounts available.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Tegra wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:08 am
Wow! You guys have made this into a science!

Now I don’t know what to do……
Have 2 plans:
$90 – Rogers BB for 8 years, 5 years since new phone, contract completed year ago
$36 – Fido for 10 years, 4 years since new phone, contract completed 2 years ago

Want to move both plan and get two new iPhone4. I am seeing I should be able to get both plans for less than what I pay now.
I understand that my first call should be to retentions. Should I lay all of this out in the phone call or go at it bit by bit?
(What is my best order of attack?)

Tom

Depends on what you are doing.... if both to rogers your FIDO line, will need to be a new line, thus difficult to get steallar plan off the bat, may need to wait a few montsh befor egetting credits.

As for Rogers line.... depends on what your plan is but most $90 plans can be dropped to $60 very easily and below.

Best order of attack as Mr. Perfect suggested read pag 1 of thread, 2nd order, read page 1 again. Understand on 2nd reading what you want to accomplish, read 3rd time, know your goals and what you can and can't like without ( minutes, ld, data, features ) 4th order get nerves up and call in. step 5 post your results. step 6 cool off and wait a bit if you want a bit more and call back.

Also, read last 10 -15 pages and see what current offerings are like compared to what you want. You may not get same or you may get better.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1535 posts
94 upvotes
Markham
They can't renew it until it's almost expired, so just call in before it does.
perturbed wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:26 am
I just resigned my contract with Rogers and here are my plan details

Previous plan

200 mins
My5 credited
VM,CD,2500 txts

For 29.93+tax

New plan

300 mins
My5 credited
VM,CD,2500 txts
500 mb data (10 credit)

For 44.93 + tax

My question is I just checked myrogers and it says that my data credit expires in 1 year even though I just signed up for a 3 year contract. Should I call in right away to get it extended? Or wait until near the end of the expiry date? Also, what do you guys say on follow-up calls to tweak the contract better to your liking? As I have already signed up for a 3 year contract, I don’t really have cancelling the plan as leverage anymore.
Need help on Rogers plans? Don't bother unless you like spending hours with them...
dumping Rogers? hmm...
Mar 7, 2010
182 posts
10 upvotes
Scarborough
Tegra wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:08 am
Wow! You guys have made this into a science!

Now I don’t know what to do……
Have 2 plans:
$90 – Rogers BB for 8 years, 5 years since new phone, contract completed year ago
$36 – Fido for 10 years, 4 years since new phone, contract completed 2 years ago

Want to move both plan and get two new iPhone4. I am seeing I should be able to get both plans for less than what I pay now.
I understand that my first call should be to retentions. Should I lay all of this out in the phone call or go at it bit by bit?
(What is my best order of attack?)

Tom

like all other ppl said before, best thing to know, is how u use ur cell phone

A. PAPER 1 - UR NEED:
let's make it simple, by answering those questions to urself:
(1) how many minutes u need for daytime use?
(2) which of following time do u start to calling ppl at night -- 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, or 9pm?
(3) do u call ppl often or do u get called by ppl often? (incoming vs outgoing)
(4) do u call long distance a lot or occassionaly?
(5) do u call internationally a lot or occassionaly?
(7) which of following matches ur text message habit -- 500/month, 2500/month, or even more?
(8) which of following do u use data per month -- 50mb, 150mb, 500mb, 1g, or even more?
(9) do u want to know who is calling u if the number is not on ur contact list? if u do, a number is good enough for you to know, or u want to know the owner of the number?
(10) r u making calls most often to the same 5 people, or say, 10 people? r those calls local or long distance? (thanks to Mendesb)
(11) r u making calls most often to rogers cell numbers, or to both rogers & fido's cell numbers and landline numbers? r those calls local or long distance? (thanks to Mendesb)
(12) is ur life style going to be changed in near future? which means, do u want to have flexibility to modify the plan to ur need (a VOICE + DATA plan), or it is ok to have less room to make modification (a COMBO plan which usually is already discounted but also limited to modifications)?

...... write down ur answers on the paper. it is ok u r not sure about some questions.

B. PAPER 2 - UR OPTIONS: then browse Rogers website and go over all their add-on products. so u will know ur options. write down on another paper. b aware of that one combination of features can do the same job as another combination of features. according to ur PAPER 1, u may develop different combinations of features to match ur needs.

C. PAPER 3 - BUDGET: last thing, go over this thread, especially the first page, and draw down a budget out base on info from 2 papers and posted plans here.

D. call them, tell them ur PAPER 1 & 3, c what they can do. silently check what they offer u on PAPER 2 to c if some features important to u is missing.

hopefully, it will do u good.

Good Luck!!!

(edit: jesus, i am so poor in spelling and grammars...)
:arrow: if u feel my post is helpful for u, pls have a click on THANKS :lol:

-- Stay Cool!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1535 posts
461 upvotes
theguyz wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:27 am
Post your plan, maybe you are maxed out ........ but changes here and there can make more discounts available.

200 weekday minutes
unlimited evenings at 5PM/weekends
100 ld minutes credited
vm/cid/2500 txt
unlimited local incoming
rogers to rogers
6GB, $5 credit

$52.50 + GRRF + tax
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
richardjing wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:43 am

A. PAPER 1 - UR NEED:
(2) which of following time do u start to calling ppl at night -- 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, or 9pm?
(3) do u call ppl often or do u get called by ppl often?
(7) which of following matches ur text message habit -- 500/month, 2500/month, or even more?
(8) which of following do u use data per month -- 50mb, 150mb, 500mb, 1g, or even more?
(9) do u want to know who is calling u if the number is not on ur contact list? if u do, a number is good enough for you to know, or u want to know the owner of the number?
...... write down ur answers on the paper. it is ok u r not sure about some questions.

B. PAPER 2 - UR OPTIONS: then browse Rogers website and go over all their add-on products. so u will know ur options. write down on another paper.

C. PAPER 3 - BUDGET: last thing, go over this thread, especially the first page, and draw down a budget out base on info from 2 papers and posted plans here.

D. call them, tell them ur PAPER 1 & 3, c what they can do. silently check what they offer u on PAPER 2 to c if some features important to u is missing.

Good Luck!!!
that needs to be broken down further

is it to the same 5 people?
all rogers cells?
all rogers/fido cells/landlines
incoming vs outgoing
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
EH15 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:55 am
200 weekday minutes
100 ld minutes credited
vm/cid/2500 txt
unlimited local incoming
rogers to rogers
6GB, $5 credit

$52.50 + GRRF + tax

Yup pretty maxed...... good 'ole 17.50 epp ( may the MFD's RIP )

Possibility of $5 data more, if your told maxed.

Just let them know you require more minutes, so they will suggest max air ( not you ). Then work on MFD's.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
EH15 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:55 am
200 weekday minutes
100 ld minutes credited
vm/cid/2500 txt
unlimited local incoming
rogers to rogers
6GB, $5 credit

$52.50 + GRRF + tax
theguyz wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 12:25 pm
Yup pretty maxed...... good 'ole 17.50 epp ( may the MFD's RIP )

Possibility of $5 data more, if your told maxed.

Just let them know you require more minutes, so they will suggest max air ( not you ). Then work on MFD's.

200day + 6pm = 17.50 - 10 = 7.50
10$ CVP = 10$
unlim incoming = 10 - 10 = 0
100LD = 0
5pm = 2$ - 2$ = 0
R2R = 5$ -%4 = 0
6GB = 30 - 5 = 25

= 42.50

look at how many texts you need and if you need voicemail.

when switching to max air, you get CID for free.

If you keep your 10$ discount, it will be 25-10= 15$
there are feature discounts for voicemail and texts (depending on what is needed).

I personally would switch to max air if I dont need voicemail.

Otherwise, as theguyz said, just shoot for a data discount.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1535 posts
461 upvotes
Mendesb wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 12:25 pm
10$ CVP = 10$
100LD = 0
5pm = 2$ - 2$ = 0
R2R = 5$ -%4 = 0
6GB = 30 - 5 = 25

= 42.50

there are feature discounts for voicemail and texts (depending on what is needed).

How do I get the $10 discount you're referring to? Cause my unlimited incoming doesn't have any credits on it. Regarding texts, I need about 500. How much you reckon?

Is it difficult to get the value pack credited on my current plan? If that's possible, I would just try that.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
EH15 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 12:51 pm
How much MFD's could I get with max air (I didn't even know what this was, just looked it up)? Even if I get $10 off, it'll still only be $2.50 off my plan now. Also, is the value pack hard to get credits on?

Generally 10-15 is doable.
MrPerfect wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 12:51 pm
Hello Everyone:
After going back and forth since several days I have finally decided to make a new thread, because this page has become very laggy, slow and outdated. The new thread is http://forums.redflagdeals.com/roger.../#post11424900
Im very new here and hardly know anyone. I would be very grateful if you can somehow reach this message to the mods to have this thread locked so that it does not put any more strain on the server and we could then continue to use the new thread that has been created. It has lots of valuable advices from several members and should benefit the whole community at large.
I really request the mods and anyone who knows the mods to do what they think is best for everyone.
was just looking at the old thread and noticed not many people from the old thread are here.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Mendesb wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 12:50 pm
10$ CVP = 10$
100LD = 0
5pm = 2$ - 2$ = 0
R2R = 5$ -%4 = 0
6GB = 30 - 5 = 25

= 42.50

Can't get mfd's on epp now since jan.... so needed Max air to get the $10 you mention. And then my $5 extra data.

Since he mentions incoming not free, means can keep 10 mfd on epp if thats how he has it and shoot for free local incoming very easy credit.

Other ways to make sweat...... but not gonna get someone greedy.

But can work it:
17.50 epp with $10 MFD ( 17.50 - 10 )
5pm ( creditted )
10 VIP VP ( 10 )
Incoming ( creditted )
100 ld ( creditted )
r2r ( creditted )
6Gb data ( 30-10 )

$37.50 + GRRF + Tax

This will make plan maxed for credits currently( as of jan 15 D-DAY for epp ) if paying $10 for incoming!!!!!!! can get it down to extreme $32.50 but easier going MAX AIR route then.

As for getting VIP VP creditted since Jan I have not tried..... but have not seen anyone post creditted in past few weeks unless was creditted in past. It was a easy credit before, but the epp plan is pretty locked up now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1747 upvotes
theguyz wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:33 am
Depends on what you are doing.... if both to rogers your FIDO line, will need to be a new line, thus difficult to get steallar plan off the bat, may need to wait a few montsh befor egetting credits.

As for Rogers line.... depends on what your plan is but most $90 plans can be dropped to $60 very easily and below.

Best order of attack as Mr. Perfect suggested read pag 1 of thread, 2nd order, read page 1 again. Understand on 2nd reading what you want to accomplish, read 3rd time, know your goals and what you can and can't like without ( minutes, ld, data, features ) 4th order get nerves up and call in. step 5 post your results. step 6 cool off and wait a bit if you want a bit more and call back.

Also, read last 10 -15 pages and see what current offerings are like compared to what you want. You may not get same or you may get better.
richardjing wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 11:43 am

A. PAPER 1 - UR NEED:
(3) do u call ppl often or do u get called by ppl often? (incoming vs outgoing)
(10) r u making calls most often to the same 5 people, or say, 10 people? r those calls local or long distance? (thanks to Mendesb)
(11) r u making calls most often to rogers cell numbers, or to both rogers & fido's cell numbers and landline numbers? r those calls local or long distance? (thanks to Mendesb)
(12) is ur life style going to be changed in near future? which means, do u want to have flexibility to modify the plan to ur need (a VOICE + DATA plan), or it is ok to have less room to make modification (a COMBO plan which usually is already discounted but also limited to modifications)?

B. PAPER 2 - UR OPTIONS: then browse Rogers website and go over all their add-on products. so u will know ur options. write down on another paper. b aware of that one combination of features can do the same job as another combination of features. according to ur PAPER 1, u may develop different combinations of features to match ur needs.

Good Luck!!!

(edit: jesus, i am so poor in spelling and grammars...)

Great Advice. Both of you have now made it to the first page.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-w ... st11424983
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1747 upvotes
Mendesb wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2011 1:09 pm
Generally 10-15 is doable.

was just looking at the old thread and noticed not many people from the old thread are here.

People are always coming and going, I think it is due to fact that they are more active till they are working on their negotiations.
The repeated questions also takes it toll and kinda burns them up. :rolleyes:
Even in the old thread I was very much active and almost surpassed bubble.tea for the top spot. None of us are forever, thats why its important to have a portal which is up to date and community involved. I have also taken steps to ensure that If and when Im no longer active on RFD, the main page will continue to be updated. :lol:
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)