Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1048 posts
784 upvotes
hey guys i have a question for the people who recently did a HUP.

I went to future shop to pick up my phone. I paid around 30 dollars there and was told the rest will be billed by rogers. I just recieved my bill and its still the same old $199+35. Did i get ripped off by future shop? the person was hard selling his ****** phone insurance like mad, wouldnt be surprised.

so my question is for you guys what were u requried to pay at the shop when u picked up ur phone?

oh yeah, on a side note, how long did it take rogers to credit the $50 mail in rebate?
Dec 18, 2011
177 posts
40 upvotes
VANCOUVER
the watcher wrote: thinking of renewing recently since i heard rogers is cutting down on credits, called in last week and was quoted 87$ for what i have now + 6gb of data since they said they can't renew the credits i had before (was paying for 37$ + tx for pretty much everything minus data but had mobile browsing). politely hung up.

called again today and was offered a decent plan and just took it because of all the problems with credits recently. 55.75$+tx

My Plan
1GB SP Messaging & MY10 Plan
Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
6pm Early Evening Calling
200 Weekday Minutes
100 Bonus Minutes
Unlimited Incoming Calls
1GB Data Service Plan
Data usage
MY10 Canada-wide Talk & Text
Messaging Bundle Unlimited
Rogers to Rogers
12$ value pack
Detailed Billing
Call Forward/Trans.Pay Per Use

What do u guys think?

They told me i can go get an iphone 4s from the apple store for 159$ as i renewed for 3 years. anyone know a authorized dealer that will let me get it for cheaper?

Is that the $60 plan with credits? How many credits did you get off for renewing?
Feb 17, 2011
114 posts
6 upvotes
Wind Mobile came out with a new Holiday Plan, $40 unlimited everything US/Canada, Unlimited Data 10gb, plus $200 bill credit... the whole 9 yards, yes their network is still building out, but they just came into my city, and there was a lineup out the door for signups...

There will be lots of ports leaving Rogers, Rogers just waived my monthly bill for the next month for free, as my contract ends this week, might just get a wind plan, and suspend service for 6 months, and say I am out of the country, and pay a small fee... till they build out their network...
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
1313 posts
48 upvotes
shenmecar wrote: Is that the $60 plan with credits? How many credits did you get off for renewing?

not sure he didn't tell me how much the base plan was or how much credits were applied
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2211 posts
424 upvotes
Robbers is so stink that I can not stand a single second to have any connection with them. Does anybody know how to force Robbers to remove the TV Cable from my house?
Nov 13, 2007
21 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
Here's mine:

-500 day time minutes
-Unlimited weekends and evenings after 6pm
-Unlimited incoming texts
-125 outgoing texts
-6 GB LTE data
-Call waiting/call display/voice mail

$55 after taxes
Dec 15, 2009
98 posts
10 upvotes
Brampton
I got a call from Rogers today and they wanted to talk to me about my new upgraded cell phone, what is this about and should I talk to them?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
vil33 wrote: I got a call from Rogers today and they wanted to talk to me about my new upgraded cell phone, what is this about and should I talk to them?

prolly one of those calls asking how u like the phone..i had the same call regarding my iphone3G 3 yrs ago
Dec 15, 2009
98 posts
10 upvotes
Brampton
kenvin100 wrote: prolly one of those calls asking how u like the phone..i had the same call regarding my iphone3G 3 yrs ago
Did they change anything in your plan or account? She said the system was down and she couldn't access my account so she would call back later.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
vil33 wrote: Did they change anything in your plan or account? She said the system was down and she couldn't access my account so she would call back later.

u really have nothign to sweat..i think i told the person to call back later..and never did

don't sweat it. enjoy your new phone and plan
Feb 13, 2009
746 posts
434 upvotes
Ontario
worldwidey wrote: Wind Mobile came out with a new Holiday Plan, $40 unlimited everything US/Canada, Unlimited Data 10gb, plus $200 bill credit... the whole 9 yards, yes their network is still building out, but they just came into my city, and there was a lineup out the door for signups...

There will be lots of ports leaving Rogers, Rogers just waived my monthly bill for the next month for free, as my contract ends this week, might just get a wind plan, and suspend service for 6 months, and say I am out of the country, and pay a small fee... till they build out their network...

Yup, this is absolutely allowed. It doesn't matter, you don't have to give them any reason at all really. I did this last December and said I wanted to just 'hang on' to the promotional plan until a later date.

At just $30 to suspend the account for 6 months, how can you go wrong? :)
Mar 7, 2009
56 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
worldwidey wrote: Wind Mobile came out with a new Holiday Plan, $40 unlimited everything US/Canada, Unlimited Data 10gb, plus $200 bill credit... the whole 9 yards, yes their network is still building out, but they just came into my city, and there was a lineup out the door for signups...

The $40 unlimited Holiday plan is not eligible with the $200 holiday gift offer as per the TOC's.
Mar 7, 2009
56 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
jennifer34 wrote: WIND openly admits that the plan prices can change ($29 canada will go to $45 next year)...and so the $40 can increase too! Only loop hole in rogers is to wait until they advise you of a new change to the contract (ie notification of roaming fee increase or something similar). Supposedly you have 30 days to let them know if you do not accept the change to the contract - and that would be your out....so not sure how long before they advise of a change....we have 10 months to go on contract - never again!

This is completely false. Source please!
Jan 30, 2007
39 posts
11 upvotes
Just called to give 30 days notice of termination. No arguments, no offer to transfer to retention dept., no nothin'. CSR wondered if I was transferring to another provider in 30 days. "You bet," I said. He indicated that would be that; end of relationship with Rogers, no complications to follow. Why don't I have any confidence?
Mar 6, 2011
71 posts
4 upvotes
HABSNATION
So about 3 weeks ago, i received a call from Rogers regarding a satisfaction rating or something....they ended up offering me the HTC Raider fot $75 on a 3 year renewal. I accepted. They changed my 500mb BIS data to 6GB LTE. They told me i would only be increasing my plan cost by $5. They told me the rest stays the same for 3 years (i have $52 worth of credits).

Called retention 2 days later and switched the raider for Galaxy S2. Rep gave me the phone for $128 after taxes and mail in rebate amd told me again that my plan stays the same for 3 years at the price i currently pay.

3 Days later i call about a bill and they told me the GS2 is out of stock. Called a few times since, there was a ticket # opened. In the end they told me to go to the store and do the upgrade and they would credit my bill for the difference. They now offered me the Galaxy S2 for $86 after tax and rebate instead of $128. Rep also confirmed again that my plan and its cost will stay the same as is right now for 3 years.

I went to the store and picked up the phone. Called retention back and told them i hup'ed. They told me they have to wait until i'm billed to credit me. Ok that's fine...

Here's the concern:

I had a $5 monthly data discount and it dropped from my account after i switcehd the 6gb data plan, even tho the rep assured me that my plan would only increase by $5. Now my plan increased by $10.

I am worried about my other credits :( $15 MFD, $10 MFD, $5 MFD, $10 Unld Incoming Disc, $7 early evening disc.). They expire in Dec 2012.

I know that Rogers is being very stingy these days and i feel like i will run into a problem asking them to renew all those credits and add back my $5 data discount.

I have all conversations regarding the HUP and plan renewal recorded by the way.
What do you guys suggest i do? Call back and risk bringing more attention to the credits? Don't do anything and let the credits expire and then fight with them to put it back on (with my recorded convos as proof)?

Or should i just port to Bell and get their small business plan ($65 for 550 daytime mins, unltd incoming, n+w @ 6 pm, untd text, caller id, vm, 6gb data, unltd bell to bell, $360 port in credit)

My current plan is:
350+350 bonus dt mins
n+w @ 5 pm
untd incoming
6 gb data
retention VP
unltd network calling

$109.45 - $47 credits = $62.45 + tax
(not counting my Data disc that was removed)

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks
Oct 16, 2010
176 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
I am not sure what to do i got offered to get the early upgrade fee waived so i don't know if i should get the iphone 4s and try to get the fee waived again when the iphone 5 comes out, or buy a iphone 4 off of kijiji and get the iphone 5 as a hup later on or keep using my ****** bold 9000 till the iphone 5 comes out.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2005
5745 posts
28 upvotes
Surrey
Zinger17 wrote: What do you guys suggest i do? Call back and risk bringing more attention to the credits? Don't do anything and let the credits expire and then fight with them to put it back on (with my recorded convos as proof)? Or should i just port to Bell and get their small business plan ($65 for 550 daytime mins, unltd incoming, n+w @ 6 pm, untd text, caller id, vm, 6gb data, unltd bell to bell, $360 port in credit)
When you call retentions, always get the confirmation ID number for the conversation. It's easier for them to pull up what was said and when via the conf. ID.

Waiting for them to expire would be a big mistake. Once credits expire, there is nothing they can do to renew them. I would call retentions to verify that all the credits expire in 3 years, get the conf. ID. If they expire early, and not willing to change it, then the port over to Bell is a no-brainer.
Aug 1, 2007
807 posts
98 upvotes
mattt33 wrote: Yup, this is absolutely allowed. It doesn't matter, you don't have to give them any reason at all really. I did this last December and said I wanted to just 'hang on' to the promotional plan until a later date.

At just $30 to suspend the account for 6 months, how can you go wrong? :)

No longer suspend plans. Just minimize the cost of it. Only military gets suspension.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1908 posts
491 upvotes
clifford_k_goodman wrote: Just called to give 30 days notice of termination. No arguments, no offer to transfer to retention dept., no nothin'. CSR wondered if I was transferring to another provider in 30 days. "You bet," I said. He indicated that would be that; end of relationship with Rogers, no complications to follow. Why don't I have any confidence?

Did you want to keep your number? Because if you call and give them the 30 days notice you won't be able to port your number. The only way to port your number over is to not tell Rogers... port your number over to another carrier, then contact the CCTS to get out of paying for the extra month Rogers tries to charge you for not giving them 30 days notice.

-LeeBear

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)