Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
Hugh Jass wrote: Good plan. I would take it if they offered it to me. All I've been offered on two calls is the $70 plan less $15 discount, which is the same as yours but with only 2GB, or the 6GB plan for ten bucks more, which includes Canada-wide calling, which I would never use. I dont want to spend $65 + tax on a phone plan. They both said that new plans are coming next month, so I'll wait til then.

Did you negotiate at all or was it offered straight away?
So same thing except Quebec has a better base plan to work with..
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
askena wrote: Here are the whole nine yards for my $ 48 plan:

unlimited incoming/outgoing calls + evening
2GB data
voicemail
unlimited texting (picture/msg/video)
call display
call fwd/transfer
100 Canada LD mins
no early admin charge / penalty for hardware upgrade (5 mths left)

Hope this answer your query :)
Hmm, no vp. Dont know what type of fone you have but if you're using BBQ10, iphone 5, HTC One or S4, it is preferred you have the vp for VVM, CID w/name display, who called feat. at minimum. You wanna see if u can get a credit for this to have it included. Robbers reduced the features. Used to include 4 features including unlimited p/m/v for can/us/intl. Now is only 3 features for $5

Click value packs left side menu.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal ... AppsAddons

Min $5 vp
- Name Display1
- Visual Voicemail Plus2
- WhoCalled™
Save $10/month!*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1825 posts
465 upvotes
drktl wrote: No, it should not be, i did that recently without any issues. In fact i was in the 5th month of my contract, and when they changed my plan to 2gb they also extended my credits for full 3 years even without asking. I didn't even realize until i checked it online the next day.

I had called in to inquire to get 2gb or 3gb plan because sometimes I was getting close to 1gb ever since i started using iPhone 5 (from December). When I signed in December, I was told you can try 1gb (downgraded from 6gb as i never used even 300mb/month) for sometime and if you need more, you can call back. I explained my situation and I was transferred to Retentions and they did it happily without any issues. I now have more than enough data that i need.

Looks like I wont be calling back for sometime.
Didnt fly.

Rep said I have $30 in "stackable" credits and a one time $5/month credit that is no longer an option on their system and I would loose them all and only be offered $20 in credits on the new june promo plan.

So basically I'd be paying $10 a month more for the 1GB extra, i jumped the gun on the z10, cant really complain though with the credit and the rebate they gave me the phone for free.

My plan now is:

$70 base (unlim anytime local, unlim txt, 1gb) -20
$10 unlim canada wide ld -5
$5 value pack (visual vm, name dis, usa/int txt) -5

and a one time credit of $180

if i had all this with the 2gb promo i would be satisfied.
Oct 27, 2010
35 posts
Richmond
hosho wrote: I have this plan to give away for free:

ONLY $50,00

• 5.0 Gb Data

• 350 weekday minutes per month
• 1000 minutes incoming local calls per month
• 250 minutes Canadian long distances
• Unlimited evenings and weekends (6 pm-7 am)

• Unlimited text messages SMS/MMS
• Unlimited Rogers to Rogers National calls
• Call display and name display
• Basic Voice mail
• 2,500 minutes Call Forwarding
• Call Waiting and Group Calling

• No Activation Fee (reg.: $35)
• GRRF fee included±

• 10¢ /minute, Canadian long distances
• 10¢ /minute for additional airtime (reg.: 35¢)
• Per second billing
• Detailed billing

Here is the deal: You get this amazing plan for free (yours to keep or resell or whatever), on your name, 3 year contract guaranteed, but I get the phone/hardware upgrade. You need to have your own phone.

How it works: This is the corporate plan from my job. I don't need the plan but I need a new phone. I will sign you up with Rogers or update your plan to this one. The plan will under your name, for 3 years. After that you can go month to month. There are no credits to expire so you get to keep the same price plan.

Only serious people, please.
Nice plan.
What company do you work for?
Jan 9, 2010
28 posts
2 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Hmm, no vp. Dont know what type of fone you have but if you're using BBQ10, iphone 5, HTC One or S4, it is preferred you have the vp for VVM, CID w/name display, who called feat. at minimum. You wanna see if u can get a credit for this to have it included. Robbers reduced the features. Used to include 4 features including unlimited p/m/v for can/us/intl. Now is only 3 features for $5

Click value packs left side menu.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal ... AppsAddons

Min $5 vp
- Name Display1
- Visual Voicemail Plus2
- WhoCalled™
Save $10/month!*
Many thanks for the tip and will try to call Retention robbers to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of this.
Aug 13, 2006
247 posts
84 upvotes
spacehog wrote: Tried to get them to match the Videotron offer spec for spec but didn't work. What I got instead:

- unlimited calls/texts in Canada/USA
- premium voicemail + callerid
- 3GB data
$77 tax in

im really looking to get as close to the Videotron plan (same as above but with 6gb data for $60+ tax) as possible as its exactly what I want (pretty much maxed out everything), anyone able to get Rogers to match?
i got the 60 dollars rogers plan with 15 credit so 45 plus tax

it doesnt have calling to US and not international text but im ok with that

also it might not have that supreme voicemail or what ever it is. and only regular caller id if there is a better one.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
hosho wrote: I have this plan to give away for free:

ONLY $50,00

• 5.0 Gb Data

• 350 weekday minutes per month
• 1000 minutes incoming local calls per month
• 250 minutes Canadian long distances
• Unlimited evenings and weekends (6 pm-7 am)

• Unlimited text messages SMS/MMS
• Unlimited Rogers to Rogers National calls
• Call display and name display
• Basic Voice mail
• 2,500 minutes Call Forwarding
• Call Waiting and Group Calling

• No Activation Fee (reg.: $35)
• GRRF fee included±

• 10¢ /minute, Canadian long distances
• 10¢ /minute for additional airtime (reg.: 35¢)
• Per second billing
• Detailed billing

Here is the deal: You get this amazing plan for free (yours to keep or resell or whatever), on your name, 3 year contract guaranteed, but I get the phone/hardware upgrade. You need to have your own phone.

How it works: This is the corporate plan from my job. I don't need the plan but I need a new phone. I will sign you up with Rogers or update your plan to this one. The plan will under your name, for 3 years. After that you can go month to month. There are no credits to expire so you get to keep the same price plan.

Only serious people, please.
If you are successfully able to give this plan away please let me know. I have the same thing and would love to get it and sell it continuously. How would a non-employee be able to keep it though?
Jan 9, 2005
323 posts
4 upvotes
I just got offered this.

$60+ tax

6 Gig of Data

· 200 weekday minutes for Local & Canada-wide Calling

· Unlimited evenings from 6pm to 7am

· Unlimited weekends from Friday 6pm to Monday 7am

· Call Display, include Name Display)

· Voicemail

· Unlimited Messaging (text, picture, video and BlackBerry) sent/received in Canada. Excludes premium messages, Mobile Mail and Instant Messaging.

· Group Calling

· 2500 Call Forwarding minutes

· Call Waiting

· Partial Detailed Billing

How does this sound? Is it a decent deal? It was offered to me with credits for a 6 month.. no contract.
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
I'm a bit confused as what I should be doing at this point when I call in..I currently have 6 months left in my contract using a BB9800.

My current plan is:
Insider EPP plan
500MB BB Data
Early Evenings and weekends = $64

Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I'm aware BIS data only works with BB, Iphones use some other data plan and theres the regular data plan. Does regular data work on BB?

Essentially what I want to happen is HUP to an android with them waiving my early upgrade and admin fees + negotiate that unlimited calling / 2-3gb plan that everyone has been getting. Should I talk to them about the plan first or the HUP first? Would twerking my plan that much renew my contract?
Aug 28, 2006
108 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
QtBeBe_Angel wrote: I just got offered this.

$60+ tax

6 Gig of Data

· Voicemail

· Unlimited Messaging (text, picture, video and BlackBerry) sent/received in Canada. Excludes premium messages, Mobile Mail and Instant Messaging.

· Group Calling

· Call Waiting

How does this sound? Is it a decent deal? It was offered to me with credits for a 6 month.. no contract.
It's a DECENT deal by if going by the standards of last year or a HOT deal if going by current Rogers offerings in the retentions dept. It looks like you're getting the super 6 gb plan with a small amount of credit with the cheaper value pack that only has voicemail basic and text only texting. If the rep is willing to extend the credits for a full contract (3yr term), it may even be worth signing if you're happy with that price.

There will be people telling you that chasing 6gb is just being greedy and those same people are happy paying $50-$70 for 150mb-3gb but this is RFD and it is the HOT deals section, so if it's available, why not try to get it instead of paying more for less? The point of having 6gb is that IT'S THERE if you need it. It's not like Rogers is losing any money by giving you 6gb unless you max your limit monthly. They just make less profit from overage charges they would get if you had a lower data plan and go over. See if you can negotiate the same price for the better value pack, $5 more in credits, or at least try to convince the rep to offer you the credits for a 3 year term and lock that baby down.

If you are a good negotiator and are patient, you may be able to lower the price by even a bit more. The Super 6gb 60 dollar plan retentions SHOULD be able to offer a $10-$15 credit with or without a discounted value pack (the good VP that includes VVM and all forms of texts incl. media texts). From my personal experience, I've been offered the 6gb super plan with a $15 dollar credit that persists for the entire contract but they were unwilling to lower the price of the value pack at all so it worked out to be around $58 after taxes/fees etc were in. IMO I'd say what I was offered should be the bare minimum a RFD'er should accept.

There are a few luckier individuals on here that have received the $15 credit as well as 50% off credit off the VP bringing it down to around $53 after taxes. If you are willing to spend the time and effort in achieving this then look to that price point as your goal.

Luckily, I'm a hospital employee and found out about the special Rogers corporate plan offered to Gov't employees till the end of June. Just switched today from my $17.50 + VP + $30 6gb to the corporate $20 plan and letting my 6gb get grandfathered over @ $30. I still have $15 of data credits good till this October so I'm officially getting:

Airtime Included 350 Daytime Minutes
UNLIMITED Evenings and Weekends (6 pm - 7 am)
Incoming Minutes 1000 local
Cost of Additional Airtime $0.10/min
Canadian Long Distance 250
Rogers Wireless-Rogers Wireless Local Calling Included
Received Text Messages Included
Sent Text Messages Text, Picture & Video Included
Call Display Included
Call Waiting Included
Conference Calling Included
Basic Voicemail Included
Activation Fee No Activation Fee ($35 Value)
Per Second Billing After the 1st Minute
6GB

For... *drumroll* $36.75 all in till this October. $52.50 all in after that month to month, with no credit extensions to haggle on forever! (since I am a RFD'er I'll still try to squeeze a $5 credit in if possible when it comes to contract renewal).

Thanks to the OP of the corporate plan thread in Hot Deals and the active posters of this thread!
I love lamp.
Aug 17, 2010
584 posts
157 upvotes
Laval
I signed up for the current $20 hospital plan, 350 per sec, 1000 min, etc. plan currently circulating in Quebec. I had renewed last year, June 26th and got a Lumia 710 as my HUP. I'm looking at picking up an Android phone but I was told by my rep that I have to wait till June 26th so that she can tell pricing for an upgrade. Anyone have an idea what sort of phone I'd be able to upgrade to? I'm assuming with the voice I'm only eligible for the smartphone lite phones?
Aug 28, 2006
108 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
demez wrote: I signed up for the current $20 hospital plan, 350 per sec, 1000 min, etc. plan currently circulating in Quebec. I had renewed last year, June 26th and got a Lumia 710 as my HUP. I'm looking at picking up an Android phone but I was told by my rep that I have to wait till June 26th so that she can tell pricing for an upgrade. Anyone have an idea what sort of phone I'd be able to upgrade to? I'm assuming with the voice I'm only eligible for the smartphone lite phones?
correct. I asked the rep the same thing for my mother's line as it is voice only. Smartphone lite phones unless you have a data addon was what he told me.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1021 posts
20 upvotes
Is it too soon to call Retention again if I already called this morning? Wasn't happy with the deal previous Retention staff told me about the HUP pricing.
Aug 28, 2006
108 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
shouldn't be too soon... just hope u don't get the same rep! lol. You calling back could have meant anything, maybe you got disconnected from your first call etc. Some reps will look up what the last rep offered and try to sell you on the same, some will actually work with you. Like anything with retentions, YMMV.
I love lamp.
Jan 9, 2005
323 posts
4 upvotes
WMah wrote: It's a DECENT deal by if going by the standards of last year or a HOT deal if going by current Rogers offerings in the retentions dept. It looks like you're getting the super 6 gb plan with a small amount of credit with the cheaper value pack that only has voicemail basic and text only texting. If the rep is willing to extend the credits for a full contract (3yr term), it may even be worth signing if you're happy with that price.

There will be people telling you that chasing 6gb is just being greedy and those same people are happy paying $50-$70 for 150mb-3gb but this is RFD and it is the HOT deals section, so if it's available, why not try to get it instead of paying more for less? The point of having 6gb is that IT'S THERE if you need it. It's not like Rogers is losing any money by giving you 6gb unless you max your limit monthly. They just make less profit from overage charges they would get if you had a lower data plan and go over. See if you can negotiate the same price for the better value pack, $5 more in credits, or at least try to convince the rep to offer you the credits for a 3 year term and lock that baby down.

If you are a good negotiator and are patient, you may be able to lower the price by even a bit more. The Super 6gb 60 dollar plan retentions SHOULD be able to offer a $10-$15 credit with or without a discounted value pack (the good VP that includes VVM and all forms of texts incl. media texts). From my personal experience, I've been offered the 6gb super plan with a $15 dollar credit that persists for the entire contract but they were unwilling to lower the price of the value pack at all so it worked out to be around $58 after taxes/fees etc were in. IMO I'd say what I was offered should be the bare minimum a RFD'er should accept.

There are a few luckier individuals on here that have received the $15 credit as well as 50% off credit off the VP bringing it down to around $53 after taxes. If you are willing to spend the time and effort in achieving this then look to that price point as your goal.

Luckily, I'm a hospital employee and found out about the special Rogers corporate plan offered to Gov't employees till the end of June. Just switched today from my $17.50 + VP + $30 6gb to the corporate $20 plan and letting my 6gb get grandfathered over @ $30. I still have $15 of data credits good till this October so I'm officially getting:

Airtime Included 350 Daytime Minutes
UNLIMITED Evenings and Weekends (6 pm - 7 am)
Incoming Minutes 1000 local
Cost of Additional Airtime $0.10/min
Canadian Long Distance 250
Rogers Wireless-Rogers Wireless Local Calling Included
Received Text Messages Included
Sent Text Messages Text, Picture & Video Included
Call Display Included
Call Waiting Included
Conference Calling Included
Basic Voicemail Included
Activation Fee No Activation Fee ($35 Value)
Per Second Billing After the 1st Minute
6GB

For... *drumroll* $36.75 all in till this October. $52.50 all in after that month to month, with no credit extensions to haggle on forever! (since I am a RFD'er I'll still try to squeeze a $5 credit in if possible when it comes to contract renewal).

Thanks to the OP of the corporate plan thread in Hot Deals and the active posters of this thread!

awww lucky u ! I want that kind of plan too :( but too bad.. I dont work for the government lol

I have just called them and I have told them to remove some features that I don't need as in the VM and canada wide long distance and brought the plan down to $50+ tax but now the hard thing is... I just won a Samsung s4 and not thinking of doing an upgrade so soon.. But in order to lock it down for 3 years.. I MUST get a new phone in order for the credit to stay on for 36 months. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
QtBeBe_Angel wrote: I just got offered this.

$60+ tax

6 Gig of Data

· Voicemail

· Group Calling

· Call Waiting

How much is it without the credits? As it stands right now it's a pretty good offer, almost as good as good as the Koodo plan from last year. Is it an option to get a phone if you want or can you put the 10% no contract discount on top of that?
Aug 28, 2006
108 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
QtBeBe_Angel wrote: awww lucky u ! I want that kind of plan too :( but too bad.. I dont work for the government lol

I have just called them and I have told them to remove some features that I don't need as in the VM and canada wide long distance and brought the plan down to $50+ tax but now the hard thing is... I just won a Samsung s4 and not thinking of doing an upgrade so soon.. But in order to lock it down for 3 years.. I MUST get a new phone in order for the credit to stay on for 36 months. :(
You can always pick up a phone with the contract, then sell it on kijiji for some shoe or handbag money lol
I love lamp.
Jan 9, 2005
323 posts
4 upvotes
wrdeal24 wrote: How much is it without the credits? As it stands right now it's a pretty good offer, almost as good as good as the Koodo plan from last year. Is it an option to get a phone if you want or can you put the 10% no contract discount on top of that?
It is $80+ tax without any credits. Yes, I can get the phone now to extend the credit for 36 months. If not then it remains as 6 months only. I'm not too keen to get a new phone now. I'm thinking of waiting for the new iPhone this year. What is the 10% no contract discount?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
QtBeBe_Angel wrote: It is $80+ tax without any credits. Yes, I can get the phone now to extend the credit for 36 months. If not then it remains as 6 months only. I'm not too keen to get a new phone now. I'm thinking of waiting for the new iPhone this year. What is the 10% no contract discount?
This http://www.rogers.com/web/content/bring-your-own-phone

BTW since their offers right now are... terrible it's a reason to lock in while they let you. Though if you really have your heart set on an iPhone 5 over an HTC One or Galaxy S4

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)