Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6199 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal
EDIT: NSX did put this thread back in Hot deals.
Jun 1, 2002
513 posts
52 upvotes
Thank you so much for this information!!!! I like the idea of starting a new thread, the other one had just become huge.

Not too sure where I can get advice now about a plan, but my situation is that I'm considering taking over someone else's Rogers contract through a TOR. Their plan is $57.44 + tax and includes:

6GB Data Service
200 Anytime minutes
Unlimited Weekend and Evenings (evenings start at 9 PM, however)
100 Anytime Across Canada Minutes
iPhone Value pack (call display, visual voicemail)
Unlimited Text Messaging

2 years remain on their contract

I look at this as fitting my needs better than Rogers' current student plans and way better than anything Rogers has suggested for me straight up (I've been a long time Rogers prepaid customer but when I called in they never suggested anything better than their current student plan, which of course is on a 3 year contract). I get that it's nowhere near some of the amazing plans you guys have customized for yourselves over time. :)

Eventually, I'd like to modify this plan to include early evenings (starting at 6 PM) and to knock the pre-tax cost of the plan down to $50-$55 bucks/month. I'd be willing to scale back on the text messaging and the visual voicemail to achieve that.

My questions are:

1. Is negotiating at the time of the TOR a good idea?
2. Any tips for achieving the modifications I'd like? I'm fully prepared to expect that this will take several phone calls over time.

Thanks!
Nov 16, 2006
415 posts
39 upvotes
will Rogers get a new shipment for iphone 4 tomorrow?
I was told to pick up one from local store, but they are all OOS now
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
Wow you are taking over an excellent plan already.. I would still ask the original owner to call and threaten to cancel and have this trimmed more wherever possible. Then you can do the tor and do the same. Just call back and ask for bonus minutes, then next call get rogers to rogers, then try for additional discounts.. it is easily possible and can be done within a week good luck and good job for that TOR.
Phantom wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:26 pm
Thank you so much for this information!!!! I like the idea of starting a new thread, the other one had just become huge.

Not too sure where I can get advice now about a plan, but my situation is that I'm considering taking over someone else's Rogers contract through a TOR. Their plan is $57.44 + tax and includes:

6GB Data Service
200 Anytime minutes
Unlimited Weekend and Evenings (evenings start at 9 PM, however)
100 Anytime Across Canada Minutes
iPhone Value pack (call display, visual voicemail)
Unlimited Text Messaging

2 years remain on their contract

I look at this as fitting my needs better than Rogers' current student plans and way better than anything Rogers has suggested for me straight up (I've been a long time Rogers prepaid customer but when I called in they never suggested anything better than their current student plan, which of course is on a 3 year contract). I get that it's nowhere near some of the amazing plans you guys have customized for yourselves over time. :)

Eventually, I'd like to modify this plan to include early evenings (starting at 6 PM) and to knock the pre-tax cost of the plan down to $50-$55 bucks/month. I'd be willing to scale back on the text messaging and the visual voicemail to achieve that.

My questions are:

1. Is negotiating at the time of the TOR a good idea?
2. Any tips for achieving the modifications I'd like? I'm fully prepared to expect that this will take several phone calls over time.

Thanks!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6199 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2889 posts
947 upvotes
Montreal
thanks looking forward to getting an IP4

which plans are eligible for the 3 or 2 year subsidised IP4 ? It isn't mentioned on rogers.com
Aug 27, 2008
439 posts
150 upvotes
Oilers wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:26 pm
will Rogers get a new shipment for iphone 4 tomorrow?
I was told to pick up one from local store, but they are all OOS now

Nobody here has inside information about this. I think this question is in the FAQ on the first page.
The only information about stock that we are able to get is about their CURRENT stock level. We are not able to find out when they will be getting a restock.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
Those who are wondering why the title says Rogers Wireless Plan is because I dont want this to sound like a deal nor I want to use this only for retention plans. This thread can be useful to existing as well as new customers as they will be able to know more about doing a TOR, duplicating a line or even new exclusive limited time deals from Robbers.

Anyone know how we can contact a mod?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
marc_t wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:29 pm
thanks looking forward to getting an IP4

which plans are eligible for the 3 or 2 year subsidised IP4 ? It isn't mentioned on rogers.com

Are you getting a new plan or you are an existing customer? It really doesnt matter what base plan you have as long as you have a data plan with it. If you get an Iphone 4 for subsidised price you will be automatically signed up for a 3 year contract.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
lol some mod moved this into cellphone section.. cmon the whole intention is for people ease of use. please move it back :confused: by moving this page you are giving it a silent death. people want the new page and it is less server load for you. i know we as humans dont like changes but if it is for the better then why not?
Deal Expert
Jul 8, 2007
26667 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
mrperfect wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:31 pm
Those who are wondering why the title says Rogers Wireless Plan is because I dont want this to sound like a deal nor I want to use this only for retention plans. This thread can be useful to existing as well as new customers as they will be able to know more about doing a TOR, duplicating a line or even new exclusive limited time deals from Robbers.

Anyone know how we can contact a mod?

I would say just find a post by a moderator in some other thread, send them a PM and they will either 1) help you with what you need or 2) give you the information to contact the appropriate moderator. For example, go to redflagdeals-back-school-giveaways-day- ... -a-932633/ and PM AndrewRFD. Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6199 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)