Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the info regarding iPhone + Zoomer. It's good to know. Might be worth seriously considering when my current set of discounts expires in a few months.
Oct 29, 2014
13 posts
Scarborough, ON
I just finish 16 years relation with rogers and join Zoomer. Zoomer is working great and has a good price.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3989 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
Lemmy wrote: This question may have been asked before but I used up all my daytime minutes so if I call forward to another phone # (i get 2500 minutes) will that use any of my daytime minutes? Rogers told me it will but I thought that was the whole reason for call forwarding so you don't have to use your phone whether you're out of town or out of minutes? what about using Rogers 1?
Call forwarding DOES NOT use your daytime minutes.
It uses the Call Forwarding minutes (in your case 2500).
If you didnt have the 2500, then you could do it with Rogers1 without any problems.
You can still do it with Rogers1, just to be safe .
Cheers!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3989 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
MrDrCr wrote: Hi guys. I'm on a three year contract with Rogers, with 1 year remaining. I was wondering if they still do the hardware upgrade, since I would like to keep the plan & get a galaxy s5. Do you think it's possible with the plan I have currently? Thanks.

6GB Super Plan $60.00
Savings: Monthly Fee Discount $-10.00
Mini Voice Msg / Call Display* $8.00
100 Bonus Minutes $0.00
LTE 6GB Data Service Plan $0.00
6pm Early Evening Calling $0.00
Call Forwarding/Call Transfer $0.00
You could do a HUP, but they will ask you to change your plan.
Also, they will charge you more for the phone or early HUP fee.
Jun 5, 2007
274 posts
109 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for your reply but that is not what two different Rogers agents told me. Whether I'm using my call forwarding minutes or Rogers1, it still uses my daytime minutes too which doesn't make sense. Maybe I gotta go to a Rogers store and get the correct answer if they know.

to_munda wrote: Call forwarding DOES NOT use your daytime minutes.
It uses the Call Forwarding minutes (in your case 2500).
If you didnt have the 2500, then you could do it with Rogers1 without any problems.
You can still do it with Rogers1, just to be safe .
Cheers!
Apr 3, 2013
21 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey, BC
heylinguist wrote: he assured me that come April 2015, I'd be notified by him personally, and switched over to the same plan (or similar) for $70. The extra $5 is simply to cover my commitment charges. So, yes, more pricey, BUT $5 x 5months = $25 until the end of April... Which is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than my tab of $80.
I hope for your sake he at least left notes. I will be very curious if he does call you as normally they do not. He might not even be there by then. However, if he does call you back please post that he does!
May 18, 2007
205 posts
6 upvotes
So currently I have the $65 base unlimited local calling (with all features) + 1 gb data. I get discounted to $45 and I'm paying $6 more for the addon of canada-wide calling. In total after taxes thats $56~. I am happy with this price, but I got a call today with the shared plan for $95 gb unlimited. Its a crappy deal so I'm not taking it but he kept on telling me that my contract is expiring in a couple days. I called back and asked and they said it expires 2016 Jan, which is about what I thought . Long story short should I consider the Zoomer plan? 1gb is a bit on the lower end.

With that said my friend works at UBC and get the telus corporate plan for me:

$48 = 400dt, unlimited income & after 6 + Unlimited nationwide in-network calling+ 4.5gb data + VM, TXT

he doesn't know when that corp will end. I do wish to have slightly more data cause sometimes I need to tether to my computer and it can get data intensive. Also the zoomer and cityphone promotions aren't looking too bad as well. Should I just scrap the extra year I have now and jump ship to another carrier? The only thing left is the rogers1number which I really like. Since zoomer is a rogers reseller, can i get rogers1num?
Nov 22, 2006
18 posts
1 upvote
Sea to Sky
My Plan is up. Currently iPhone 4s. Want a 6.

What should I ask for?

Currently:

My Plan
Monthly Price Plan Charges: $77.13/m
Unlimited Voice & Text Plan
Unlimited Local Calling Mins
\
Included with My Plan
Call Fwd/Transfer Pay Per Use
Billed Usage-Invoice Details
Unltd Cdn & US Text Messages
Van./Vic. Rate Following
Unlimited Text Messages
Unlimited Picture & Video Msgs
Unltd Intl & US Text Messages
Visual Voicemail

6 GB
My Add-ons
Monthly Add-ons Charges: $41.00/mth
iPhone Value Pack w/Unltd Msgs$21.00/mth
1000 North American LD Minutes$20.00/

Total Estimated Monthly Service Fee*:$132.31

I work in film/tv and often have mega minutes on my phone. Also call USA a lot. I never use the data more than one GB except for a couple times a year. When I do I max it out.

Suggestions of what to ask for?
Aug 11, 2006
395 posts
49 upvotes
Was on the phone with Rogers for just about an hour.
Contract expiring in 2 months. And wanting to upgrade to a note 4.
Current plan is
$35
150min
MY10
UNLTD Text/pic msg
$15.99
Enhanced VM and Call Display
$30
6GB data

Wasn't offered anything with 8GB for either $80 or $110
Told them that I might get a line added on and they transferred me to someone else that offered
Share everything with 20GB for $175 - $10 discount for 1 year.
or 10GB for $145 - $10 for one year

And then able to add a line for $55

It feels like I will get nowhere with retentions....
cpu - i7 2600k 4.7@1.37v, mobo - p8z68v-pro, gpu - XFX RX 580 GTS Black , ram - g.skill ripjaws x 16gb 1600, cooling - noctua nh-d14, case - corsair 600t white, hdd - 1TB WD black + 480gb Crucial SSD, psu - corsair TX650M
May 20, 2013
42 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Managed to get ported to Fido with 7 months remaining on my contract! Same loyalty package offered as mentioned above. Got a new phone and opted the $49 plan with 10% off for BYOP.
Oct 3, 2003
211 posts
52 upvotes
I've got about $250 built up from the Rogers rewards Mastercard program. Can these $$ be used on the full price of a phone or do they limit it to subsidized on a new plan? I'd prefer to keep the plan I'm on now.
Nov 5, 2014
2 posts
Brampton, ON
Called into retentions to see how what the offers we're like, this is what I got.

Current plan (from the old days when 6 GB's was cheap and easy to get)
200 Minutes
100 Long Distance
6 GB
CD/VM
Total = $56 + Tax

New Offer
Unlimited Minutes
6GB
CD/VM
Total = 95 + Tax

Has anyone else got offered this? What do you guys think the possibility of negotiating for credits to drop the price to around $75? If I can get it around there and get a hardware upgrade to the Note 4 as well, I'd be happy. I'm going to try and use the Zoomer Wireless/ Cityfone plans as leverage. If all else fails, I'll likely switch to either Zoomer/Cityfone, I'm in dire need of a new phone atm.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18809 posts
2091 upvotes
DKilowox wrote: Called into retentions to see how what the offers we're like, this is what I got.

200 Minutes
100 Long Distance
6 GB
CD/VM
Total = $56 + Tax

New Offer
Unlimited Minutes
6GB
CD/VM
Total = 95 + Tax

Has anyone else got offered this? What do you guys think the possibility of negotiating for credits to drop the price to around $75? If I can get it around there and get a hardware upgrade to the Note 4 as well, I'd be happy. I'm going to try and use the Zoomer Wireless/ Cityfone plans as leverage. If all else fails, I'll likely switch to either Zoomer/Cityfone, I'm in dire need of a new phone atm.
What's wrong with just buying the Note 4 outright and staying on your current plan? The other option you listed would mean you have to buy a phone anyways.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
DKilowox wrote: Called into retentions to see how what the offers we're like, this is what I got.

200 Minutes
100 Long Distance
6 GB
CD/VM
Total = $56 + Tax

New Offer
Unlimited Minutes
6GB
CD/VM
Total = 95 + Tax

Just buy the phone out right. Will be cheaper in the long run. Just go month to month with your existing plan. That's what I did. I have the 6B Super Plan for $60 month and I bought iPhone 6 unlocked from Apple. Cheaper than signing up for another 2 years at $95.00 a month.
Jan 8, 2006
152 posts
7 upvotes
I have a similar plan to you with contract expiring in a week (along with all my discounts) and called in to see what Rogers could offer. I got offered the same plan you got offered for $90. Keep in mind this is with no hardware upgrade, which would require me going to a $120-125 plan. I didn't take it because I'd be paying less if I just went month-to-month.

200 Minutes
100 Long Distance
6 GB
CD/VM
Total = $56 + Tax

New Offer
Unlimited Minutes
6GB
CD/VM
Total = 95 + Tax

Nov 5, 2014
2 posts
Brampton, ON
Kimberlee1 wrote: Just buy the phone out right. Will be cheaper in the long run. Just go month to month with your existing plan. That's what I did. I have the 6B Super Plan for $60 month and I bought iPhone 6 unlocked from Apple. Cheaper than signing up for another 2 years at $95.00 a month.
Haz wrote: What's wrong with just buying the Note 4 outright and staying on your current plan? The other option you listed would mean you have to buy a phone anyways.
Ah I forgot about a detail, my current plan is $56 and includes about $25 in credits, those credits expire at the end of this year. So at that point my month to month would be about $80. If I could keep it at $56 I definitely would.
Sep 24, 2010
52 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
Debating ditching the iPhone value pack (35 voicemails) for $14 and adding the mini value pack (3VMs that expire after 3 days) for $7 instead...thoughts?
Sep 24, 2010
52 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
Freedom Film wrote: My Plan is up. Currently iPhone 4s. Want a 6.

What should I ask for?

Currently:

My Plan
Monthly Price Plan Charges: $77.13/m
Unlimited Voice & Text Plan
Unlimited Local Calling Mins
\
Included with My Plan
Call Fwd/Transfer Pay Per Use
Billed Usage-Invoice Details
Unltd Cdn & US Text Messages
Van./Vic. Rate Following
Unlimited Text Messages
Unlimited Picture & Video Msgs
Unltd Intl & US Text Messages
Visual Voicemail

6 GB
My Add-ons
Monthly Add-ons Charges: $41.00/mth
iPhone Value Pack w/Unltd Msgs$21.00/mth
1000 North American LD Minutes$20.00/

Total Estimated Monthly Service Fee*:$132.31

I work in film/tv and often have mega minutes on my phone. Also call USA a lot. I never use the data more than one GB except for a couple times a year. When I do I max it out.

Suggestions of what to ask for?
Do you really need that? downgrade and save yourself money
Sep 28, 2006
734 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Hi guys, this is kind of off topic, but my dad recently saw that his Rogers to rogers was expiring and I tried to renew the discount for him, but the rep said they could not do that as the system would not accept the code. So I helped him cancel his rogers to rogers come December. However, he got an email the other day saying how because he has 'downgraded' his plan, his fee has changed..it basically went from $21 to $39. If I were to move his number to another provider, what would you guys recommend? Also, I know that the whole '30 days' notice is totally bogus, what is the step to ensure he does not get charged for an extra month? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!