Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
2952 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
I have 1GB of data and always break it, is it possible to add up to 6GB of data without paying more ? I'm already on a retention plan and I renewed last year and i'm paying a little over 60$ with tax.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Jun 8, 2007
72 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
nina_sp wrote: Just got slightly aggravated by my call to Rogers. My old contract has been over for months.

After going through OOP live chat 2 days ago, was offered

$57 + tax
6GB
200 anytime min
My 10 Canada
Unlim text
E/w after 6pm
Vm/cd

All I really want is the vm/cd waived. They've given me the $60 plan with a $10 credit and charging $7 extra for vm. Called today and spoke to one guy after pressing cancel service. He wouldn't transfer me. Kept insisting he was relations/retentions, but I don't believe him. He wouldn't transfer me to a manager after I asked. I tried ending call politely but he kept me on the line, trying to convince me to take the deal, saying they can't break rules just for me. Finally was able to end call but super frustrated.

How long until I can call back safely? The OOP guy said the deal he offered was good for 30 days, but I still want to pay $7 less, one way or another. Although at this point I may just give in and take the $57.

Thoughts?
I was left with the same feeling having talked to Rogers client care the other day and being offered the same $57.79 plan that most people have posted. Clearly stating that I was only willing to go up to $50/mo from my current $45/mo plan and having them offer me $58/mo which over 36 months add up to almost $300 extra in costs. Even after talking to a rep at OOP and having them tell me that the best they could offer was $58/mo and that it was an excellent plan for the price made me more angry because its obviously a load of crap. I simply told them thanks for your time and I'm leaving Rogers to switch to Telus where I'll be porting my number over paying $45/mo for what Rogers is offering. I really hope someone from Rogers reads these posts because they're losing a lot of customers because of the way they run their company these days.

/endrant
Oct 1, 2012
8 posts
1 upvote
ORLEANS
I finally settlesd (for now) with rogers on a HUF plan for iPhone5. This took 6 calls with 6 retention reps, 5 hours on the phone. I had originally called end Sept to ask about upgrading a BB on a 3 yr plan with 2+ yrs left, by cancelling a different # voice plan and reducing BB to a min. voice plan (which Roger said I could do Nov 2012). On 1st call Rogers told me it would waive $338 HUF (I have since learned that as Rogers had notified me of a change my plan in August that actually I could have just terminated it for free in Sept (see code at cwta.ca). Then I discovered this blog. So my final plan is this which occurred on 5th call where rep just gave it to me +$35 admin fee.

6GB Super Plan $60
200 day min
250 bonus day min (expires Jan/2013)
free 6 pm even/wkend
unlimited msg
MY10 cdn wide
6Gb data with tethering
CID/VM3 $7
$15 credit super plan
$5 data (from my old plan expires May 2013)

Total = $47+tax now, going to $52 + tax in May 2013
Rep said could only apply discounts for 12 months but simply call in to have them "automatically" renewed for 2nd and 3rd yrs.

Also does anyone have the way to see on Rogers account when your discounts expire (I saw it once on this site but could not find it again).
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1027 posts
62 upvotes
Gordon49 wrote: I finally settlesd (for now) with rogers on a HUF plan for iPhone5. This took 6 calls with 6 retention reps, 5 hours on the phone. I had originally called end Sept to ask about upgrading a BB on a 3 yr plan with 2+ yrs left, by cancelling a different # voice plan and reducing BB to a min. voice plan (which Roger said I could do Nov 2012). On 1st call Rogers told me it would waive $338 HUF (I have since learned that as Rogers had notified me of a change my plan in August that actually I could have just terminated it for free in Sept (see code at cwta.ca). Then I discovered this blog. So my final plan is this which occurred on 5th call where rep just gave it to me +$35 admin fee.

6GB Super Plan $60
200 day min
250 bonus day min (expires Jan/2013)
free 6 pm even/wkend
unlimited msg
MY10 cdn wide
6Gb data with tethering
CID/VM3 $7
$15 credit super plan
$5 data (from my old plan expires May 2013)

Total = $47+tax now, going to $52 + tax in May 2013
Rep said could only apply discounts for 12 months but simply call in to have them "automatically" renewed for 2nd and 3rd yrs.

Also does anyone have the way to see on Rogers account when your discounts expire (I saw it once on this site but could not find it again).
Follow the steps in the link below

how-see-your-credits-expiry-etc-myroger ... ss-966538/
Apr 23, 2006
652 posts
160 upvotes
'Berta
ElektrovaporX wrote: You mean talk to regular retentions and then get them to transfer me to business retentions? I'm curious if they'll give me some kind of discount on my value pack or my super plan or something. I already have a $5 MFD that carried over when I switched to $60 Super Plan, but I'd ideally like to have a $10 or $15 MFD.
To be honest I don't really know if there is a specific "Business Retentions". When I called, I was transferred from Retentions to just Business. When I quoted them the Telus plan I was interested in, he told me he couldn't offer me anything even close to that, and then transferred me back to Retentions. Then Retentions wanted to punt me back after I gave them my usual spiel, but I stopped them saying I just talked to the Corporate guys who couldn't help me.
Oct 2, 2009
3 posts
Frosty1895 wrote: discount is normally only for one year unless you get them to commit to full term, but you need a really nice rep to get that...
Dunno about that every time I've gotten discounts they've been for the length of my contract term. I've been with them since 2004
Jun 18, 2009
419 posts
20 upvotes
jajola wrote: To be honest I don't really know if there is a specific "Business Retentions". When I called, I was transferred from Retentions to just Business. When I quoted them the Telus plan I was interested in, he told me he couldn't offer me anything even close to that, and then transferred me back to Retentions. Then Retentions wanted to punt me back after I gave them my usual spiel, but I stopped them saying I just talked to the Corporate guys who couldn't help me.
there is a business retention department. have spoken with them many times over my plan and my families plans
My Plan: 650 mins $20/ 250 Bonus mins until March 1 2013/ 8pm E/W / CID/ VM/ 500 Txt $5/ 6GB Data $20/ 911 $0.75/ Free Company Calling
Credits: VM Credit/ 3 Year Plan Credit $10/ Data Credit $10/ SAF Credit $6.95/ Bundle Disc $3.60 Total $36.33
Aug 1, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
surfguy17 wrote: there is a business retention department. have spoken with them many times over my plan and my families plans
Is Business Retentions as good as regular Retentions or are they more difficult in giving discounts? Any experience to share?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9298 posts
1792 upvotes
Edmonton
FYI for those inquiring earlier....the Galaxy S3 is on for $0 again at Bestbuy
Sep 22, 2009
802 posts
90 upvotes
clseea wrote: FYI for those inquiring earlier....the Galaxy S3 is on for $0 again at Bestbuy
Taken from the BestBuy website:

"New in-store activation required on a three year plan with eligible packages in order to purchase this unit at the listed price."

YMMV.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4254 posts
393 upvotes
GTA
If anyone wants to take over my retention plan let me know:

Free Blackberry bold 9780 (used) when you take over plan.

Plan ends Oct 2013.

Includes :

MY5 30
- 150 Daytime Minutes
- Unlimited calling/texting/MMS to 5 chosen numbers
6GB Data Service Plan (works for both Iphone and BB)
6pm Early Evening Calling
Value Pack*
- Call Display
- Name Display
- Enhanced Voicemail
- 2500 Sent/Unlimited Received
Text Messages
50 Bonus Minutes
Unlimited Incoming Calls
Unlimited Rogers To Rogers Calling

Total Monthly price (including TAX and all other fees) = $71
Nov 11, 2009
28 posts
Spoke to a nice rep.... 1 call got me this.... and took it.....

2 Plans
- Iphone 32GB - $279.99
- GS3 32GB - $99.99
- No Activation fee for both phones...

$57 + Tax
- 6GB
- 200 Min
- My 10
- Free after 6pm
- VM/CID
- 100 Min Long Distance
Mar 30, 2011
6 posts
Hi there,

I have a 3 year contract that expired last month. I just switched from a blackberry to an iPhone so i needed to change up my plan ASAP so that I wouldn't be going over my data limit. I just took a deal with Rogers but I am still unhappy with it.

4GB LTE plan
200 daytime min
Evenings and weekends at 6
unlimited text/pic/vid messaging
My10 Canada wide
100 US and intl text messages
Value pack w/ CID & VM

I was able to get 50% off on the Value pack plus a $5 credit to offset the remainder but I am still paying $74.00 a month before taxes. This was after speaking to retentions for about 40 minutes and being told that there was nothing that they could offer me at the moment for 6gb LTE.

I have friends that have gotten much better offers and I am reading about them here as well.

My friend just called in yesterday and received:

6GB
200 daytime
early evenings and weekends
unlimited texting
VM and CID

My friend is paying $57 before taxes.

The only difference is the 2 extra gigs (which I would really like), the my10 (which with free evenings and weekends plus unlimited texts, I may not need), and $17 a month (which I'd like to save).

How do I go about getting a plan like this? Would it be safe for me to call back again this weekend?

I was told that I have 15 days after agreeing to a new contract to cancel. Should I threaten to cancel? I have never used that approach.

Also, they are offering me regular plans that they currently have rather than retention plans. How do I get them to offer me a retention plan without asking for it?

It just angers me that they tell me they can't do something when clearly they can because my peers are receiving the plans that I would like.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Mar 30, 2011
6 posts
RFD_1 wrote: Spoke to a nice rep.... 1 call got me this.... and took it.....
$57 + Tax
- 6GB
- 200 Min
- My 10
- Free after 6pm
- VM/CID
- 100 Min Long Distance
That is exactly what I want. Refer to my post above.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)