Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2017
1190 posts
1384 upvotes
Vancouver
estel_mm wrote: Hi guys,

I was offered $60 / 8 GB ( 5 Infinite + 3 Bonus) with BYOD yesterday. However, after checking today, I noticed that only the 5GB infinite plan was added. So I messaged them back (via FB Chat) and told them this.
They said that I was right and they forgot to add the bonus 3 GB but the promo ended yesterday - so instead as of today, there is a new promo and they offered me $60 / 15 GB BYOD (non infinite) so I took it.

Thought I would share - seemed like an OK deal - was trying to get them to match the Virgin/Bell offer if $45 / 6 GB BYOD but no such luck.
DAMNNN Legit.

$60/15gb for the win
Jul 27, 2017
47 posts
14 upvotes
I was also offered $60/15GB non infinite over the live chat. Turned it down, They said $60/15GB started yesterday.
Last edited by pumpkinpieaddict on Sep 22nd, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 8, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
I was able to get the 15gb non infinite plan for $60/month not too long ago this evening through chat. Took 3 agents. The first 2 agents said the offer isn’t in my account. The 3rd agent I tried a different tactic by saying I’m planning to go to freedom to take advantage of their 12gb $45 promo plan but wanted to see if they can match it or offer anything close to their offer. And just like that! They offered me the plan! Try and see if this tactic works for you. Good luck. I’m in BC also.
069A8CCC-80A8-4C78-9DC4-9AA60944313B.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2198 posts
782 upvotes
Wheezser wrote: Still rocking my $40 for 5gb plan negotiations are key and knowing how to do that professionally is paramount!
or $30 for 4gb. Also pretty decent.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 19, 2007
127 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Is this $60/15gb promo Canada wide or province specific? In Ontario I am. Thanks
Jun 27, 2017
17 posts
8 upvotes
I just called Rogers retention and mentioned that Fido is offering 15GB for $60 and asked if Rogers had any promos like that. Rogers does have that promo and I switched both of my lines going from 10GB for $65 BYOD to 15GB for $60 BYOD and all other features the same. Really nice person that I dealt with and took less than 10 minutes. I am located in Ontario.
Sep 26, 2018
12 posts
39 upvotes
Managed to get the $60/15GB + 2GB bonus for 24mos + $25 credit. Mentioning the Freedom plans worked well. Came from $65/10GB+3GB. In Ontario. Took 10 mins and one chat rep.
Nov 10, 2011
2 posts
ABBOTSFORD
rogers rep had the same deal for Me $60 for 15gb BYOD.I was on a $75 for 13gb plan. I’m in BC. I didn’t mention canceling.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2264 posts
1677 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
clseea wrote: I cancelled Friday, they called me Monday. Ended up agreeing to new terms on Thursday. Phones and plan were screwed up due to their incompetence so ended up sending everything back. It's now being escalated to the Ombudsman.
What happened exactly?
Jan 19, 2007
127 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Thumbs Up Sign Spoke to live agent this morning and shut down no such plan in Ontario. Just called in and mentioned that Fido is offering 15GB for $60 and asked if Rogers had any promos like that. Yes can switch you no problem. All of 5 minutes. Thanks everyone for your help. Before 13gb for $70 month.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10430 posts
3429 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: What happened exactly?
Long story short, I cancelled. They called back and sold me on new phones, more data, free tablet, account credits, cheaper plans. I agreed. They sent me a pre owned phone, no tablet, pricing wasn't correct. The OoP said the phone wasn't available so I could either pay more or keep the phone. They said there was no mention of the tablet, which is garbage since it was on the website for anyone to get.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2264 posts
1677 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
clseea wrote: Long story short, I cancelled. They called back and sold me on new phones, more data, free tablet, account credits, cheaper plans. I agreed. They sent me a pre owned phone, no tablet, pricing wasn't correct. The OoP said the phone wasn't available so I could either pay more or keep the phone. They said there was no mention of the tablet, which is garbage since it was on the website for anyone to get.
Very nice - that’s going to cost them. Well done on the escalation. Ombudsman’s office should make that right.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10430 posts
3429 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Very nice - that’s going to cost them. Well done on the escalation. Ombudsman’s office should make that right.
I'm not holding my breath. The ombudsman works for Rogers after all
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2264 posts
1677 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
clseea wrote: I'm not holding my breath. The ombudsman works for Rogers after all
They’re a neutral third party. Have faith.
Dec 12, 2018
109 posts
150 upvotes
With regards to people switching to the $60/15GB plan - I've already gone online with the Live Chat to check and see if I could hop on it. First rep said no problem, I was eligible, yada yada.
My issue is that I have a $10 Canada + US add-on that I had to get through Office of the President. The rep told me that the add-on couldn't be moved to the new plan, so I'm currently calling in to see if this is true.
Has anyone else had a similar situation? The rep mentioned that "the add-on doesn't currently exist, so he can't bring it to the new plan" kind of thing. Obviously I'd love to hop on this $60/15GB plan, but not if it's going to cost me that add-on.
Nov 1, 2013
35 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I have that add on as well and I don’t want to lose it so I’m not willing to change my plan. Keep us posted if you are able to keep the $10.00 add on.
Feb 25, 2004
569 posts
251 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: They’re a neutral third party. Have faith.
just to clarify, having worked there in CSIT, they are not a neutral third party, they are rogers employees.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2264 posts
1677 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
kyfe wrote: just to clarify, having worked there in CSIT, they are not a neutral third party, they are rogers employees.
Yes, they're Rogers employees. Yes, they're a neutral third party. The office was created as a backstop for CCTS complaints which quickly rack up $120 fines. The Ombudsman's office will evaluate the information presented by the advisor from office of the President and encourage the customer to submit any and all relevant facts before making a final recommendation. Should that final recommendation be favorable to and accepted by the customer the Ombudsman's office immediately applies it to the customer's account without any further input from management. Take it from someone who received thousands in credits from the Ombudsman: there is no bias one way or another - they simply look at the facts and if you know the facts support your position then you're in a good spot.
Sep 29, 2012
31 posts
5 upvotes
North of YYZ
I have 5 services with Rogers (internet, home phone, TV, smart home monitoring, wireless). The only one on contract was Home Monitoring, which has just ended. Called in today and negotiated from 10GB/$65 to 4GB/$45. Easy peasy, first agent, less than 5 min. I was offered the 15GB for $60, but I never go over 3GB so I chose to save $15/month.

***Was told that the $45 goes to $55 in a year if I do nothing, at which time I'll call back to renegotiate.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10430 posts
3429 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Yes, they're Rogers employees. Yes, they're a neutral third party. The office was created as a backstop for CCTS complaints which quickly rack up $120 fines. The Ombudsman's office will evaluate the information presented by the advisor from office of the President and encourage the customer to submit any and all relevant facts before making a final recommendation. Should that final recommendation be favorable to and accepted by the customer the Ombudsman's office immediately applies it to the customer's account without any further input from management. Take it from someone who received thousands in credits from the Ombudsman: there is no bias one way or another - they simply look at the facts and if you know the facts support your position then you're in a good spot.
That's if the recommendation is favorable to the customer. The 2018 report showed 44% in favor of Rogers and only 18% in favor of the client. The balance was "neutral". It's good you got what you wanted and then some, but you're coming across like it's a such sure thing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)