Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10320 posts
3234 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Yes, they're Rogers employees. Yes, they're a neutral third party. The office was created as a backstop for CCTS complaints which quickly rack up $120 fines. The Ombudsman's office will evaluate the information presented by the advisor from office of the President and encourage the customer to submit any and all relevant facts before making a final recommendation. Should that final recommendation be favorable to and accepted by the customer the Ombudsman's office immediately applies it to the customer's account without any further input from management. Take it from someone who received thousands in credits from the Ombudsman: there is no bias one way or another - they simply look at the facts and if you know the facts support your position then you're in a good spot.
That's if the recommendation is favorable to the customer. The 2018 report showed 44% in favor of Rogers and only 18% in favor of the client. The balance was "neutral". It's good you got what you wanted and then some, but you're coming across like it's a such sure thing
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2236 posts
1656 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
clseea wrote: That's if the recommendation is favorable to the customer. The 2018 report showed 44% in favor of Rogers and only 18% in favor of the client. The balance was "neutral". It's good you got what you wanted and then some, but you're coming across like it's a such sure thing
Based on what you've shared it certainly sounds like a sure thing.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10320 posts
3234 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Based on what you've shared it certainly sounds like a sure thing.
I guess. I would think sending me what I was promised would also be a sure thing though lol
Mar 22, 2004
638 posts
433 upvotes
London, ON
Are the $60/10GB and $45/4GB plans for BYOD? I have a $21 balance left on my account on a $90/10GB share everything, and my wife has a $600 balance on a $55 additional line.

I'm wondering if we can drop to the $60/$45 plans without buying out our phones.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2001
1447 posts
247 upvotes
Mississauga
Called in and got this in 5 mins. No issues at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2236 posts
1656 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
clseea wrote: I guess. I would think sending me what I was promised would also be a sure thing though lol
This is a telecom after all ;)
Jul 23, 2014
24 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just called rogers and chatted with them online as well. No luck. They said the deal expired 4pm EST. :(
Dec 12, 2018
107 posts
144 upvotes
Turducken604 wrote: Just called rogers and chatted with them online as well. No luck. They said the deal expired 4pm EST. :(
Typical. What was it? 2 days? That's pathetic, even by their standards.
Jun 7, 2010
24 posts
Just finished chatting with a rep on live chat. Told me the deal was done earlier this evening :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2236 posts
1656 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
VLegacy wrote: Just finished chatting with a rep on live chat. Told me the deal was done earlier this evening :facepalm:
#RFDeffect
Apr 1, 2013
213 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
VLegacy wrote: Just finished chatting with a rep on live chat. Told me the deal was done earlier this evening :facepalm:
Damn, looks like I missed out. I got the 5+2gb last week.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1903 posts
369 upvotes
Has anyone been able to get a decent deal lately with a free phone? I have a winback employee calling me back every few days but he just tells me theres nothing currently available.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10320 posts
3234 upvotes
machoman wrote: Has anyone been able to get a decent deal lately with a free phone? I have a winback employee calling me back every few days but he just tells me theres nothing currently available.
At this point I'd hold out until Black Friday
Nov 23, 2010
196 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
Just got two accounts switched over to $60 - 15gb
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1903 posts
369 upvotes
dog116 wrote: Just got two accounts switched over to $60 - 15gb
Details please! What day, what time?
Mar 19, 2019
16 posts
3 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Yes, they're Rogers employees. Yes, they're a neutral third party. The office was created as a backstop for CCTS complaints which quickly rack up $120 fines. The Ombudsman's office will evaluate the information presented by the advisor from office of the President and encourage the customer to submit any and all relevant facts before making a final recommendation. Should that final recommendation be favorable to and accepted by the customer the Ombudsman's office immediately applies it to the customer's account without any further input from management. Take it from someone who received thousands in credits from the Ombudsman: there is no bias one way or another - they simply look at the facts and if you know the facts support your position then you're in a good spot.
You are very correct buddy and I appreciate the help that you gave me before. I got a $30 credit for 15 months and over $350 worth of credits. Also got my bill to $40 per month for 5gb and unlimited calling and text. This was back in May I believe so your mileage may vary but I'm looking to renegotiate again at the moment because I need more data.
Nov 23, 2010
196 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
machoman wrote: Details please! What day, what time?
Retention deal. 5 min talk with rep. Asked if they had any offers. Got the 15gb plan for $60 per month. Called back later and got our second line switched too. Hope that helps
Mar 19, 2019
16 posts
3 upvotes
dog116 wrote: Retention deal. 5 min talk with rep. Asked if they had any offers. Got the 15gb plan for $60 per month. Called back later and got our second line switched too. Hope that helps
Is that unlimited plan?
Nov 22, 2012
3 posts
Vancouver
Yeah i just called in and got told it was a 1 day offer. For others that got the plan does it come with visual voicemail and Caller ID?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)