Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jul 2, 2009
99 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
I got this plan for my Mom.

She was on a $55/month, 5gb smart tab plan with Rogers.

First I called Rogers to cancel, the retentions plan they offered weren't any better so we went forward with the cancel however I told the representative that we would be open to do business with Rogers (hinting at a winback here). I don't think this step is required.

Next, we ported out the number to Koodo for Koodo's boxing day deal. It was $50/month and 10gb with a $10 dollar discount for 10 months effectively: $40/month for 10gb. We were going to stick to this deal anyway even if Rogers did not call because its cheaper even without the discount. Fido has the same deal but Fido is owned by Rogers so its important not to go to Fido if you want a winback call.

We received the sim card from Koodo on Thursday and ported over her number. Its important to port over your old number instead of getting a new one otherwise Rogers does not know.

On Monday we received a winback call offering my mom $45/month with 25gb. Rogers is sending us a new sim card as well and the offer is open to add additional lines each with their $45 + 25gb.

I have been thinking about switching over from Koodo as well but my $39/month 10gb is a pretty sweet deal and I barely use the data anyway.

I should also note that while 25gb of data was offered for my Mom. My Mom rarely exceeds 1gb monthly usage because she has always been afraid to exceed the limit (despite me putting limits on her phone). The high data cap might be because she rarely uses her data.
Dec 18, 2012
46 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
So... finally.. .Rogers called me. I could have used the phone deal...$300 off.... but I ended up buying my phone from Apple outright.

The $300 discount on a new phone would be a monthly fee for the phone. I wouldn't be able to buy it outright.

So I decided to go back to Rogers.... $45/25 GB... not unlimited........

I just want a lower bill..... So they are sending the SIM card....

But it has been at least a month and half waiting for the Winback team.

YMMV
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4261 posts
2368 upvotes
My SIM cards should be arriving tomorrow to port out from Rogers. The end goal is to get that call for the $45/25GB plan.
Dec 18, 2012
46 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
u2brothr wrote: So... finally.. .Rogers called me. I could have used the phone deal...$300 off.... but I ended up buying my phone from Apple outright.

The $300 discount on a new phone would be a monthly fee for the phone. I wouldn't be able to buy it outright.

So I decided to go back to Rogers.... $45/25 GB... not unlimited........

I just want a lower bill..... So they are sending the SIM card....

But it has been at least a month and half waiting for the Winback team.

YMMV
I did like Telus.... quite a bit.... my deal was $50 / 20GB unlimited with them.....an EPP plan...

but ultimately... the $45/25GB will work just fine with Rogers..
Oct 15, 2008
637 posts
167 upvotes
London
Did you try contact Rogers winback in that 1.5 months. I moved from Rogers to Telus last friday, but set up a contract with Telus, so rogers would need to call me within the first 14 days for me to move back.
Dec 18, 2012
46 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
FunkyC wrote: Did you try contact Rogers winback in that 1.5 months. I moved from Rogers to Telus last friday, but set up a contract with Telus, so rogers would need to call me within the first 14 days for me to move back.
You better believe I did. I phoned them daily.... left a message a week for the first month. I even went to @Rogershelps and they went and contacted the winback team for me.

NOPE... nothing.

Month and half later... they finally called.
Feb 22, 2009
150 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
im stuck in the same situation, the offered me 20gig 70bucks, 10$ off for 10months, and what ever they have on the phone stays the same
Sep 8, 2019
1 posts
I pay $54.88 for 8GB, unlimited phone with Rogers right now and my contract is over. My plan is fine, but I'd like a 256GB iPhone 12. Are there any experts here that can recommend the best deal? Should I buy the phone outright to keep my plan or are there other options I should be looking at to bring the cost down? Thanks.
Oct 15, 2008
637 posts
167 upvotes
London
What number did they call you from? do you have an agents name? Wanting to try and connect with them.