[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
bluevektor wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:43 pm
I would say just find a post by a moderator in some other thread, send them a PM and they will either 1) help you with what you need or 2) give you the information to contact the appropriate moderator. For example, go to redflagdeals-back-school-giveaways-day- ... -a-932633/ and PM AndrewRFD. Good luck.
Thank you I will definately try doing that. Will try my level best to make sure I do what I can to make this stay. However since Im very new here and hardly know anyone it is next to impossible for anyone to listen to me without a little help from you guys. I know several people here who are well known among RFD and unless they dont wish to help out this thread is destined for a silent death :lol:
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12045 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys

I was wondering if i make calls from Montreal to Toronto thats long distances, but what happens if i make calls in Montreal locally? Would that also be long distance?

I got free 50 min long distance from a nice rep till October.
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Nov 15, 2009
137 posts
New Brunswick
Good job with the new thread guys, the old one was too jumbled up and long :lol:

My 7 month old iPhone 3GS got fried so I'm gonna call in, get a replacement and then after that's shipped, gonna call in, say I lost my iPhone and see if I can get myself an early upgrade to an X10 or something and return it to get an iPhone 4 + sell the replacement 3GS for extra $$$ :) thanks for the awesome tip mrperfect. Think it'll be easy enough to pull off? :o
iPhone 3GS 16GB | 200 DT minutes| 100 LD Minutes | E/W @ 6PM | 150 MB data | CID/VM/2500txt | $40/month w/ taxes
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
holy hell mate.

1. Well done sifting through all the messages

2. Im lazy, (even if I wasnt a wireless consultant) I wouldnt read all that, but there are tons of users that would!!

3. Well done with your plan. How much would you charge to let me dupe it? (yes, plans can be duped.) Its better than my 5$ one (if you use data)
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:51 pm
Hey guys

I was wondering if i make calls from Montreal to Toronto thats long distances, but what happens if i make calls in Montreal locally? Would that also be long distance?

I got free 50 min long distance from a nice rep till October.

If you have a 416 area code, and you are in MTL, and you call MTL, its local. If you call TOR it is LD

I used to make a chart for my customers... if I can dig up an old one, ill post it.

edit: I'll just make a new one. Email me, and I'll send it to you, you can put it in page one for reference use :)
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Aug 28, 2010
95 posts
canada
I negotiated a pretty sweet plan, kind of limited since i had the old 45$ value plan, but im at
200 mins
100 ld
call id, vm,
even/weekends at 6,
unlim messaging
500mb data

for around 41$ including tax (35 without). not really sure if i need anything else to the plan, any recomendations? all i can think of that i may use is 100 more mins, detailed billing, and maybe rogers to rogers.

Can someone post a short simple tutorial on how to get an early hardware upgrade, besides getting a phone sending it back etc. just what to say that works. im 6 months until im "eligible" but want an iphone for october.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
TwztedElegance wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:52 pm
Good job with the new thread guys, the old one was too jumbled up and long :lol:

My 7 month old iPhone 3GS got fried so I'm gonna call in, get a replacement and then after that's shipped, gonna call in and see if I can get myself an early upgrade to an X10 or something and return it to get an iPhone 4 + sell the replacement 3GS for extra $$$ :) thanks for the awesome tip mrperfect. Think it'll be easy enough to pull off? :o

Well there is no harm in trying.. It can be done if you find a rep who is willing to help you out.. All the best and keep me posted.
Nov 15, 2009
137 posts
New Brunswick
Thanks.. do they ask a lot of questions if you say you lost your phone or something? I don't want them to end up asking me for the IMEI number and stuff and trying to block off my 3GS.. what are some successful ways you guys have gotten early upgrades, just for examples sake? :razz:
iPhone 3GS 16GB | 200 DT minutes| 100 LD Minutes | E/W @ 6PM | 150 MB data | CID/VM/2500txt | $40/month w/ taxes
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
Thank you - All I know is that I atleast tried, therefore I have no regrets. If we can really understand the intention of creating this new thread it would have never been moved. I will continue to try and bring this to attention to mods so they can move it back into the hot deals section. However whatever happens happens :)
Mendesb wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 2:54 pm
holy hell mate.

1. Well done sifting through all the messages

2. Im lazy, (even if I wasnt a wireless consultant) I wouldnt read all that, but there are tons of users that would!!

3. Well done with your plan. How much would you charge to let me dupe it? (yes, plans can be duped.) Its better than my 5$ one (if you use data)

If you have a 416 area code, and you are in MTL, and you call MTL, its local. If you call TOR it is LD

I used to make a chart for my customers... if I can dig up an old one, ill post it.

edit: I'll just make a new one. Email me, and I'll send it to you, you can put it in page one for reference use :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
TwztedElegance wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 3:03 pm
Thanks.. do they ask a lot of questions if you say you lost your phone or something? I don't want them to end up asking me for the IMEI number and stuff and trying to block off my 3GS.. what are some successful ways you guys have gotten early upgrades, just for examples sake? :razz:

Just tell them the truth if your phone is fried then you cannot use it. Tell them you cannot afford to buy another new so if they can help you out that would be great.
Nov 15, 2009
137 posts
New Brunswick
Hmmm okay.. there is no UPS store around in my town though, just a Canada Post.. guess i'll have to drive somewhere to return the smartphone they send me, or does it work some other way too?
Banned
Aug 9, 2004
475 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm almost thinking this should have stayed in hot deals just because of the amount of traffic it would be getting there as opposed to tucked away here
300 d/t | 6pm Eve/Wknd | 100 LD | VISUAL Voicemail | WhoCalled | Call Display | 2500 Txt | Unlim. Incoming | 6GB Data = 35.50$
Wins:

2010 - Pentax Digital Camera, Matrix & Supply Diamond Headphones, $10 iTunes Gift Card, 2x 4 Passes to Movie Priemere, RFD Back2School Day 2 Bucket of Crap, Kick-Ass Blu Ray, $50 Visa
“If you sit on, sleep on, stare at, or touch something for more than an hour a day, spend whatever it takes to get the best.”
Jun 13, 2008
522 posts
208 upvotes
TwztedElegance wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 3:09 pm
Hmmm okay.. there is no UPS store around in my town though, just a Canada Post.. guess i'll have to drive somewhere to return the smartphone they send me, or does it work some other way too?
Yes, you can call the UPS toll free number and they will pick it up. The number is usually provided in the Return Instructions from Rogers.
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
TwztedElegance wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 3:09 pm

They only use UPS for tracking purposes so yeah you need to drop it off at their store.
Nov 15, 2009
137 posts
New Brunswick
5abi_boy wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 3:13 pm
Yes, you can call the UPS toll free number and they will pick it up. The number is usually provided in the Return Instructions from Rogers.

Sweet thanks :lol: even if I have to go drop it off somewhere it'll still be worth it haha

hopefully I get a nice rep early
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
trevorb wrote:
Aug 29th, 2010 3:12 pm
I'm almost thinking this should have stayed in hot deals just because of the amount of traffic it would be getting there as opposed to tucked away here

I agree - when I started it there were 33 members and 46 guests viewing it. Im not even asking them to lock it off. As long as they let it be on the hot deals section we would soon have the obvious decision. If only they give me a chance I can prove to them that this is not going to be a lost cause.