Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Aug 5, 2014
4 posts
Scarborough, ON
DaleWC wrote: I originally got the text msg that had the offer for the $0 S9 on the $85 10GB plan. So I contacted Roger's through FB messenger and asked how much it would be to get the Note 9 instead of the S9. Gave me it for $99 plus she waived the connection fee.

She told me that its originally $399 on that plan but she was able to give it to me at a discount. Tried to get it for free, but I figured that this was a good enough deal to me that I took it after some thought.

Dale C
That's nice. My contract is almost up I will contact them to see what they can give me the note 9 for.
Jun 19, 2010
244 posts
47 upvotes
Well, that was an ordeal. I was on the old Corp 350 plan but I wanted Roam like home and a iPhone XR 64gb. Facebook agents were giving me nothing, escalated to office of the president which was completely useless. Put in a cancellation request. Today, someone from the Ambassador Office called me and I settled for the following:

iPhone XR 64GB $399 with $300 credit and activation fee waived = $99

$80 - 25% for duration of contract = $60/mo
Talk & Text 5GB - Prem Tab
- Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling
- Unlimited Canada-Wide Sent & Received Text, Picture & Video Messages
- Call Display with name display
- Enhanced Voicemail
- 2500 Call Forwarding Mins
- Conference Calling
- Call Waiting

Overall, very happy with what I got.
Dec 23, 2016
216 posts
216 upvotes
Ottawa
I have been with Rogers until 2017. Now considering returning to Rogers (mostly for their 30% corporate discount).
I am looking for a referral so we can both get the 50$ referral credit.
Please PM me and guide me in what to tell them.
Feb 13, 2017
98 posts
20 upvotes
ReDiva wrote: I have been with Rogers until 2017. Now considering returning to Rogers (mostly for their 30% corporate discount).
I am looking for a referral so we can both get the 50$ referral credit.
Please PM me and guide me in what to tell them.
sent you a PM
Feb 24, 2019
29 posts
29 upvotes
I got a callback because I switched to the Koodo 6GB $50 Chinese new year plan. I used to be on the $60 10GB plan, but they raised the price by $5.

They offered a Note 9 for $399 with $300 credit. 5GB data, unlimited talk/text for $65. Is this a good deal? My Oneplus 3 still works, though a bit sluggish.

Or month to month $56 10GB with 2 years guarantee price. Thing is, I never used more than 5GB at any time. Should I get the $56 10GB just for the sake of having 10GB?
Oct 9, 2007
136 posts
24 upvotes
Canada
tatamimat wrote: I got a callback because I switched to the Koodo 6GB $50 Chinese new year plan. I used to be on the $60 10GB plan, but they raised the price by $5.

They offered a Note 9 for $399 with $300 credit. 5GB data, unlimited talk/text for $65. Is this a good deal? My Oneplus 3 still works, though a bit sluggish.

Or month to month $56 10GB with 2 years guarantee price. Thing is, I never used more than 5GB at any time. Should I get the $56 10GB just for the sake of having 10GB?
They are not going to give you any phone on the $56 plan ? Do you want a new phone? if not, that is a great plan. Currently I am paying $65/10GB.
Side question, if they already switched to Koodoo , are you not on a contract? can you switch back ?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2948 posts
16930 upvotes
I got a corporate call back since I've left Rogers for Bell when they had that first time deal @ $60 for 10GB plan, it wasn't until a couple days after they then opened the promo to Ontario. Whatever, Bell has been good to me and I had my wife switch over current Rogers plan to 60-4-10 plan. So after speaking with the rep he told me the following since I was interested in the iPhone Xs MAX in 256GB it would be the following:

Promotion 1:
  • iPhone Xs Max 256GB for new corporate accounts $989 (retail value is $1729)
  • Bell line porting get a $400 credit bringing the phone price down to $589
  • For Business Account Holders device credits are covered (to be passed on bill within 90 days of activation)

SHARE EVERYTHING 3 GB FLEX PLAN

Plan Includes:

1. 1 Line
2. Unlimited Calling Canada-Wide + Unlimited U.S Calling as well (from Canada to U.S)
3. Unlimited Text, Picture & Video Messaging Canada-Wide
4. 30 GB of shared data
5. Call ID, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Call Conferencing
6. Name Display
7. Enhanced Voicemail

Price per Month - $95 in a 2 year contract

Taking $1729 into consideration of brand new devices your per month fees for next 2 years under contract with Rogers will be around $40 / month . You can add international text messaging + preferred rate calling value pack @ $5/ month.

I am trying to think that if I port my wife under this plan from the current residential plan but I have a good idea of how share everything works and they will want to charge $55 for the extra line.
Feb 24, 2019
29 posts
29 upvotes
No it's month to month, I wasn't in any contract.

I talk to them again today, apparently it was a typo, the Note 9 is $299 + $300 credit. The $56 plan is only for BYOD and he was dead set on not giving a phone on it.

I snagged the Note 9, on a 2 year contract with the $65/5GB plan.
Oct 26, 2006
210 posts
788 upvotes
North York
no contract or Tab - 2 year term deal - Retention supervisor gave me:
$33.75 plus HST
Includes: 2GB Data
Canada wide 500min Daytime(LOL, I rarely talk to people) and 6pm/unlimited weekends.
Unlimited premium text/pictures/videos plus voice mail/ID/FW

I thought it was pretty good it is a dollar cheaper than I had for 10 years but, trade off data instead of unlimited daytime minutes.
(I never had data and I can get them to give me extra minutes for free for a few months)
Nov 5, 2012
34 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
jackfree wrote: no contract or Tab - 2 year term deal - Retention supervisor gave me:
$33.75 plus HST
Canada wide 500min Daytime(LOL, I rarely talk to people) and 6pm/unlimited weekends.

I thought it was pretty good it is a dollar cheaper than I had for 10 years but, trade off data instead of unlimited daytime minutes.
(I never had data and I can get them to give me extra minutes for free for a few months)
Wow, I don't know how you talk to the reps at Robbers. Obviously I am not saying the proper things. :(
I was on $65/month (10 gb BYOP plan)-> downgrade to $65 (5 gb BYOP plan) with 25% -> ask again, to apply the 25% to a plan with subsidy (new phone sell phone for cheaper monthly plan). They said no, and when I mention the deal of Zoomer ($36/month plan 400 min, 4 gb, unlimited text ), Rep say "go to another provider, this is the best deal we can give you. " and so I did.

NOTE: 2 lines of 65/month BYOP (10 gb plan) moved.
Mar 30, 2010
313 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
bustingdeals wrote: The worst they can say is no and you can try again down the line. But if you don't call, you'll be left wondering.....
Since you have two lines expiring, that is still leverage.

When you call, don't bother spending time with the first CSR. "tell them you want to cancel immediately and be passed on to retentions " Retentions have more authority and power than regular CSRs. Although, from what I hear. They aren't what they used to be. Don't take the first offer they give you, be polite, persistent and push for a little more. If you aren't satisfied and you think the conversation is going nowhere. Ask to get the conversation fully documented and MAKE SURE to ask for an "interaction number" from whoever you are talking to, that way, it holds them accountable to what they offered and said. You don't want it to become HE SAID, SHE SAID.

Worse comes to worst, take it up with the office of the president.
A bit late responding to this but they told me they could likely give me a better deal once my plan extually expires (April 10) va now. I thought that was weird.
Mar 30, 2010
313 posts
153 upvotes
Calgary
jackfree wrote: no contract or Tab - 2 year term deal - Retention supervisor gave me:
$33.75 plus HST

This is a fantastic deal.
Sep 16, 2015
7 posts
Oakville, ON
Hi everyone, has anyone received any retention/loyalty plans that include US calling and texting which will allow you to use your device in the United States? I've only seen this one:

- Enhanced Voicemail
- Conference Calling
- Call Waiting
Jun 3, 2007
330 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Wife is with Rogers and currently has the 10GB BYOP plan but really doesn't use that much data. She had switched because she was paying more than that for something like 2GB a while back. Her monthly price just increased to $65+tax (from $60+tax). She recently broke her S7 screen and would like to upgrade to the S10e. Given all this, are there cheaper plans with Rogers for wireless? Secondly, is it worth it to get a new phone through Rogers?
Oct 9, 2007
136 posts
24 upvotes
Canada
Brianjfleming wrote: Hi everyone, has anyone received any retention/loyalty plans that include US calling and texting which will allow you to use your device in the United States? I've only seen this one:

- Enhanced Voicemail
- Conference Calling
- Call Waiting
This one you got listed does NOT include US roaming.
I just got this plan
$75 10GB , includes US/Canada UL roaming..
I am on $65/10GB BYOD plan, and retention added the UL Ca/US for $10 a month. you can remove the $10 anytime you want, but once removed, can not be added back.