Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jr. Member
Oct 9, 2007
136 posts
24 upvotes
Canada
sgogeta4 wrote: Wife is with Rogers and currently has the 10GB BYOP plan but really doesn't use that much data. She had switched because she was paying more than that for something like 2GB a while back. Her monthly price just increased to $65+tax (from $60+tax). She recently broke her S7 screen and would like to upgrade to the S10e. Given all this, are there cheaper plans with Rogers for wireless? Secondly, is it worth it to get a new phone through Rogers?
Really depends,
S10e outright is: $1019 - 200 tradein offer= $819
she can switch to $85 a month plan (exactly what she has now 10gb and other stuff) and get the phone for $499 - 200 Tradein = $299 now add the $20 extra she is going to pay for 24 months (length of her contract) $480 + $299 = $779
so as you see, if she switch her plan, she saves $40 and she doesn't have to pay all the money outright AND as it already happened, there is NO guarantee her current $65 plan doesn't go up in price in 24 months. However, you might be able to find better deals for S10e outright.

In summary, if you manage to find an online deal that you can buy the phone outright LESS than $779, then do it, otherwise, switching ur plan is better deal.
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
88 posts
74 upvotes
raul7 wrote: $75 10GB , includes US/Canada UL roaming..
I am on $65/10GB BYOD plan, and retention added the UL Ca/US for $10 a month. you can remove the $10 anytime you want, but once removed, can not be added back.
This includes all calling, messaging, and data? Usable while in the States as well?
Jr. Member
Oct 9, 2007
136 posts
24 upvotes
Canada
robbdance wrote: This includes all calling, messaging, and data? Usable while in the States as well?
Correct, UL calling/text + 10GB of data usable in Canada and US.
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
88 posts
74 upvotes
raul7 wrote: Correct, UL calling/text + 10GB of data usable in Canada and US.
Beautiful. Nothing extravagant to get that? Been pondering porting out to attempt to get something with a US package, but if I can get this easily enough, I'm game.
Any attempt to get discounts for this?
Jr. Member
Oct 9, 2007
136 posts
24 upvotes
Canada
robbdance wrote: Beautiful. Nothing extravagant to get that? Been pondering porting out to attempt to get something with a US package, but if I can get this easily enough, I'm game.
Any attempt to get discounts for this?
you can try for discount but i couldnt get it! are you currently on 65$ plan with Rogers? if so, just call and ask for this, I had to call 4 times before the rep agreed to add it, the code is ONLY available to retention and you should press hard to get it! but yeah, they CAN add it for u.
Newbie
Dec 12, 2018
88 posts
74 upvotes
raul7 wrote: you can try for discount but i couldnt get it! are you currently on 65$ plan with Rogers? if so, just call and ask for this, I had to call 4 times before the rep agreed to add it, the code is ONLY available to retention and you should press hard to get it! but yeah, they CAN add it for u.
Excellent news. Thank you kindly, sir!
I'll add in the nonsense about a border town and yada yada, maybe see if I can get it tossed in for free. I'll report back with results this week.
Member
Dec 15, 2009
434 posts
47 upvotes
GTA
dgreensp71 wrote: Only took 36 minutes and I got Gigabit Internet + Popular TV including modem rental and 2 PVRs for $99.99. I live in the Maple area of Vaughan, Ontario. I don't live in a Bell FTTH area. Typically I have to speak to multiple agents and it takes days to renegotiate, but tonight - 1 person (Evan) and no escalation. It is only for 12 months - I tried to push for 24 months. I probably could have pushed for Premier but I don't really need it so I'm thrilled as I was paying $117.99 previously. Thanks to everyone for all of their help here!!
Wrong place posted internet deal
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 18, 2008
1769 posts
145 upvotes
I also called Retentions because of the recent price increase to my 60/10gb plan, and they offered me $10 off per line (one time) plus an additional 3 GB for the remainder of the year. I don't need any more GB but he said that was his only options.
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 22, 2007
159 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
raul7 wrote: Correct, UL calling/text + 10GB of data usable in Canada and US.
How did you get this? I called yesterday and nothing, this morning when I chatted the Rep. reduced my U/L US calling by $10 bucks/month (as I was paying $15) to $5 .. so not bad however, I tried asking for the U/L data etc while in the US and they mentioned they did not have an add-on like that.

Any tips?
Jr. Member
Oct 9, 2007
136 posts
24 upvotes
Canada
leems wrote: How did you get this? I called yesterday and nothing, this morning when I chatted the Rep. reduced my U/L US calling by $10 bucks/month (as I was paying $15) to $5 .. so not bad however, I tried asking for the U/L data etc while in the US and they mentioned they did not have an add-on like that.

Any tips?
This is NOT U/L data in the US. This is basically you pay 10$ a month and you no longer pay for Roam Like Home, meaning, you use your plan Data. I dont think they have any U/L data for US.

Cheers,
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 22, 2007
159 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
raul7 wrote: This is NOT U/L data in the US. This is basically you pay 10$ a month and you no longer pay for Roam Like Home, meaning, you use your plan Data. I dont think they have any U/L data for US.

Cheers,
No no, I know that. The plan will be the same as in Canada but no roaming which is what I got charged when I was in the states which sucks
Newbie
Dec 16, 2018
17 posts
3 upvotes
My work is offering the following plan through Rogers:

- Galaxy S10e for $350 upfront
- $50 signup credit
- 2yr plan for $75/mth, including 8gb data and Canada wide call/text

Is there a better deal out there? I think it looks pretty good so I may pull the trigger.
Member
Mar 8, 2008
202 posts
142 upvotes
Edmonton
My contract is coming to an end with only $60 left on my subsidy, are there any good retention deals or credits?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10870 posts
2769 upvotes
Scarberia
Is 65$ month 2 yrs contract 6gb. Free phone from iPhone X or XR or Sammy s9plus. Huwaaie p20pro

Good Epp ?
5465C906-77A5-4DC1-8F60-1382BF6187FD.jpeg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Top