Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 12, 2019
3 posts
Thatdealguy wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:38 am
check out Virgin/Bell. Offering $45 6gb byod
Thanks, I'll take a look into it. The big part for me is the Unlimited US Long Distance as I call the US a lot. Data isn't a huge deal for me as I only ever use about 3 GB per month.
Feb 25, 2004
474 posts
175 upvotes
Rogers sent me an email asking me to come back
I left for Freedom about 1 month ago after spending hours on chat and OOTP only to be offered crap deals to stay and refusal to offer my corporate plan discount (they never have)
while I won't say freedom is better than rogers from a network perspective but the price is right and deal was decent and I've had no network issues.

the winback deal they gave me was essentially the same I declined before leaving. Rogers is bleeding customers as they were targeted by Freedom and apparently took a big hit. I guess that's what happens when you treat your paying clients like garbage.
Jun 11, 2008
144 posts
152 upvotes
kyfe wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:39 pm
Rogers is bleeding customers as they were targeted by Freedom and apparently took a big hit. I guess that's what happens when you treat your paying clients like garbage.
I think you are right. I left Rogers Sept. 1 and they have called about 7-8 times since.
LCBO VINTAGES Wine Picks & Reviews
May 16, 2016
117 posts
46 upvotes
I left a few months ago, ported 3 lines over to freedom, not a single call from rogers. Maybe certain accounts they are glad to be rid of? LOL
Jun 11, 2008
144 posts
152 upvotes
Gregore wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 10:06 am
I left a few months ago, ported 3 lines over to freedom, not a single call from rogers. Maybe certain accounts they are glad to be rid of? LOL
Consider yourself lucky. haha

I was approx. 20 year Rogers customer and was grossly overpaying for services.
LCBO VINTAGES Wine Picks & Reviews
Mar 25, 2019
6 posts
Since the new iphone is coming out, I called in to rogers to see what they can do for older phones.

They offered me 56$ (75$-25%) for 4gb of data and the iphone X for free for first 12 month, the next 12 month price is back to 75$. average out to be 65$/month.

is that worth it or should I keep my 56$ 10gb data plan?
Apr 1, 2013
138 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Previously had unlimited Canada wide calling and 4gb for $50. Called in to see if they had anything better and they gave me 8gb with no overage charges for the next 2 years, after which it drops down to 5gb, all for $60 + tax.
Apr 1, 2013
138 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
JackY7381 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 3:32 pm
Since the new iphone is coming out, I called in to rogers to see what they can do for older phones.

They offered me 56$ (75$-25%) for 4gb of data and the iphone X for free for first 12 month, the next 12 month price is back to 75$. average out to be 65$/month.

is that worth it or should I keep my 56$ 10gb data plan?

$56 for 10gb is dirt cheap and it’s unlikely you’ll ever be able to get anything even close to that again if you go off of that plan. I’d buy a second hand phone and keep the original plan if I were you.
Nov 7, 2016
194 posts
46 upvotes
Canada
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:27 am
i'm seeing Rogers is currently offering 15GB for $65 ($10 discount) in Quebec for BYOD which is better than my loyalty plan (14GB for $75) minus 10% from Desjardins. what i'm seeing through the app is 10+5 GB. guess i'll have to call or visit a kiosk for more info because this is confusing
It's basically the $75/10GB plan with a monthly $10 discount and 5GB add-on.
Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using the RFD Forums app
Mar 22, 2006
128 posts
22 upvotes
Hi guys,

I was offered $60 / 8 GB ( 5 Infinite + 3 Bonus) with BYOD yesterday. However, after checking today, I noticed that only the 5GB infinite plan was added. So I messaged them back (via FB Chat) and told them this.
They said that I was right and they forgot to add the bonus 3 GB but the promo ended yesterday - so instead as of today, there is a new promo and they offered me $60 / 15 GB BYOD (non infinite) so I took it.

Thought I would share - seemed like an OK deal - was trying to get them to match the Virgin/Bell offer if $45 / 6 GB BYOD but no such luck.
Jul 27, 2017
30 posts
9 upvotes
So how exactly does Rogers end up negotiating with an leaving user?

I spoke to the chat today that we're heavily considering leaving for Bell. They tried to counter Bell's offer but they weren't in the same ballpark. I asked the process to cancel they said once you port your number out, your line with Rogers is cancelled. If we go on a 2 year contract is winback calling the customer hoping to change their mind during the 15 day buyer's remorse period? At least with tv/internet you can cancel it before the competitor's install. With Rogers you can't do the same on the phones I'm told.
Nov 5, 2003
192 posts
30 upvotes
estel_mm wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 2:45 pm
Hi guys,

I was offered $60 / 8 GB ( 5 Infinite + 3 Bonus) with BYOD yesterday. However, after checking today, I noticed that only the 5GB infinite plan was added. So I messaged them back (via FB Chat) and told them this.
They said that I was right and they forgot to add the bonus 3 GB but the promo ended yesterday - so instead as of today, there is a new promo and they offered me $60 / 15 GB BYOD (non infinite) so I took it.

Thought I would share - seemed like an OK deal - was trying to get them to match the Virgin/Bell offer if $45 / 6 GB BYOD but no such luck.
Thanks! I just signed up for the $15gb plan for 2 lines. No contract. BYOD. Not sure if I could have done better, but we keep going over our current 7GB shared between two lines- so this will save me some money in the meantime.

Cheers
Apr 18, 2014
60 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kyfe wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:39 pm
Rogers sent me an email asking me to come back
I left for Freedom about 1 month ago after spending hours on chat and OOTP only to be offered crap deals to stay and refusal to offer my corporate plan discount (they never have)
while I won't say freedom is better than rogers from a network perspective but the price is right and deal was decent and I've had no network issues.

the winback deal they gave me was essentially the same I declined before leaving. Rogers is bleeding customers as they were targeted by Freedom and apparently took a big hit. I guess that's what happens when you treat your paying clients like garbage.
not sure about you but when I called back the winback department at rogers last week they gave me the 10gb infinite plan, unlimited everything else for $60/month, no contract, indefinitely.

I hopped on that deal asap. that is even better of a deal than those who got 10gb for 60 earlier this year because this plan i have is the infinite plan = no data overages.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8671 posts
1528 upvotes
Edmonton
pumpkinpieaddict wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 3:38 pm
So how exactly does Rogers end up negotiating with an leaving user?

I spoke to the chat today that we're heavily considering leaving for Bell. They tried to counter Bell's offer but they weren't in the same ballpark. I asked the process to cancel they said once you port your number out, your line with Rogers is cancelled. If we go on a 2 year contract is winback calling the customer hoping to change their mind during the 15 day buyer's remorse period? At least with tv/internet you can cancel it before the competitor's install. With Rogers you can't do the same on the phones I'm told.
I cancelled Friday, they called me Monday. Ended up agreeing to new terms on Thursday. Phones and plan were screwed up due to their incompetence so ended up sending everything back. It's now being escalated to the Ombudsman.
Dec 14, 2017
148 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
estel_mm wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 2:45 pm
Hi guys,

DAMNNN Legit.

$60/15gb for the win

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)