Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Apr 4, 2017
647 posts
376 upvotes
I got an email from Rogers that I will be receiving a call with an exclusive offer after I ported out. Anybody have any idea how long this takes? I signed a contract with Telus and don't want to exceed the 15 trial/return time frame.
Aug 23, 2011
11 posts
1 upvote
CALGARY
IHavocI wrote: I got an email from Rogers that I will be receiving a call with an exclusive offer after I ported out. Anybody have any idea how long this takes? I signed a contract with Telus and don't want to exceed the 15 trial/return time frame.
I got this email the day after I ported out. Monday I ported out, and Wednesday I got their call. I couldn't answer that day, but they called me again on Thursday. When they called it was a private number, so I didn't know it was rogers until I answered. I figured it was them since I was expecting a call.
Apr 4, 2017
647 posts
376 upvotes
ark777 wrote: I got this email the day after I ported out. Monday I ported out, and Wednesday I got their call. I couldn't answer that day, but they called me again on Thursday. When they called it was a private number, so I didn't know it was rogers until I answered. I figured it was them since I was expecting a call.
Thank you. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking.
Aug 23, 2011
11 posts
1 upvote
CALGARY
They offered me $50 for 15gb for a byod plan. They had other offers with phones, but I recently purchased a new one so I didn't entertain them.
Jul 18, 2007
361 posts
33 upvotes
Hey everyone,

My family has always been with Rogers but now I would like to port my mom's phone # out to another provider. We're not sure which to go yet but she's paying $35 for talk and text only right now.

I chatted with a rep to see if there's a better plan they can offer but best they can do is 150mins for $25 which is a completely rip off. Anyways I asked to cancel her plan effective the next billing cycle and that I will be going to another provider to port the number out.

As per the rep;

"The cancellation of the line is handled automatically once the number is ported over to another carrier. If you set up a cancellation prior to porting the number over, the other carrier may not be able to port the number. The other issue is we don't have the ability to future date a cancellation to a specific date, unfortunately. We're only able to cancel an account on the date of the request I'm sorry to say."

Is what he says true?

Also how would I go about cancelling Rogers and porting the # to another provider? Do I just go to the other provider and sign a new plan and ask them to port the number over and that's it?

Thanks!
Nov 18, 2016
27 posts
44 upvotes
miorya wrote: Hey everyone,

My family has always been with Rogers but now I would like to port my mom's phone # out to another provider. We're not sure which to go yet but she's paying $35 for talk and text only right now.

I chatted with a rep to see if there's a better plan they can offer but best they can do is 150mins for $25 which is a completely rip off. Anyways I asked to cancel her plan effective the next billing cycle and that I will be going to another provider to port the number out.

As per the rep;

"The cancellation of the line is handled automatically once the number is ported over to another carrier. If you set up a cancellation prior to porting the number over, the other carrier may not be able to port the number. The other issue is we don't have the ability to future date a cancellation to a specific date, unfortunately. We're only able to cancel an account on the date of the request I'm sorry to say."

Is what he says true?

Also how would I go about cancelling Rogers and porting the # to another provider? Do I just go to the other provider and sign a new plan and ask them to port the number over and that's it?

Thanks!
The rep is completely right. You might lose your number if you cancel your service before you port over. Keep your Rogers account active, then go to the other carrier to open a new line (they’ll give you a temporary number) and request a port from Rogers. Once the port is completed successfully, Rogers will automatically close your account. You do not need to inform them, your new carrier will take care of it.

Also, I recommend the Zoomer $36/4gb plan for your mom. It has 400min talk and unlimited text (can be upgraded to unlimited talk in 6 months). It’s around the price you are paying now, plus you get 4gb of LTE data on the Rogers network.
--
Koodo $40/6gb, Zoomer $36/4gb, Rogers $38/9gb
Mar 17, 2018
763 posts
1046 upvotes
JasonI60579 wrote: I just got the $50 for 15gb via Live Chat. My scenario may or may not be an exceptional situation. My line was ported out through a fraud attempt. Long story short, I got my number back. With the unintentional port out, WInback still called me to offer the $50 for 15gb, but they told me, to activate it, I had to call a validation team. The "team" is I think just one person, because there was an extension number. I left a voice message a few weeks ago but did not get any returns calls. So, today I did a live chat with a regular rep, explained the situation, and I got the $50 for 15gb.

Capture.JPG
WTF? I was offered 2GB Talk/Text Canada for $35 or 5GB Talk/Text Canada for $55 on No Tab. Why does it seem every agent has their own offers and nobody is the same?

I do have to ask though... did you a 2 year discount or something then it goes back to regular price? This 25 year customer is getting pretty pissed with Rogers!!
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
$45 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Rogers
$23.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Sep 13, 2012
897 posts
470 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
KenAdams wrote: WTF? I was offered 2GB Talk/Text Canada for $35 or 5GB Talk/Text Canada for $55 on No Tab. Why does it seem every agent has their own offers and nobody is the same?

I do have to ask though... did you a 2 year discount or something then it goes back to regular price? This 25 year customer is getting pretty pissed with Rogers!!
Their system notes your 25+ years and recognizes you’re less inclined to leave after all that time so you need to be proactive as they won’t chase after you at this point.
Jul 18, 2007
361 posts
33 upvotes
TheHardCore wrote: The rep is completely right. You might lose your number if you cancel your service before you port over. Keep your Rogers account active, then go to the other carrier to open a new line (they’ll give you a temporary number) and request a port from Rogers. Once the port is completed successfully, Rogers will automatically close your account. You do not need to inform them, your new carrier will take care of it.

Also, I recommend the Zoomer $36/4gb plan for your mom. It has 400min talk and unlimited text (can be upgraded to unlimited talk in 6 months). It’s around the price you are paying now, plus you get 4gb of LTE data on the Rogers network.
Thanks, I'll check it out. What do you mean by unlimited after 6 months?
Nov 23, 2017
100 posts
29 upvotes
miorya wrote: Thanks, I'll check it out. What do you mean by unlimited after 6 months?
That plan doesn't have unlimited minutes for nationwide talk until you stay with them for at least 6 months
Sep 10, 2017
69 posts
56 upvotes
Was just offered 6GB for about $68 after tax with no device upgrade.

Can I do better? This is apparently the cheapest offer they have.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12713 posts
2143 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
miorya wrote:
As per the rep;

Is what he says true?

Thanks!
Basically that blurb is help you KEEP your existing number. If you port out the cancellation takes place within 24-72 hrs depending on the carrier. There's nothing more you have to do with robbers, except pay whatever prorated bill is left. However, IF you cancel BEFORE you port out and the cancellation takes place then you will lose your number... as you have not found another company yet. Capiche??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jul 18, 2007
361 posts
33 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Basically that blurb is help you KEEP your existing number. If you port out the cancellation takes place within 24-72 hrs depending on the carrier. There's nothing more you have to do with robbers, except pay whatever prorated bill is left. However, IF you cancel BEFORE you port out and the cancellation takes place then you will lose your number... as you have not found another company yet. Capiche??
Ahh okay. Is it better to switch when it's closer to end of my billing cycle or it doesn't matter? I guess what I want to know is, if I cancel in the middle of the month, does Roger refund me for 1/2 month?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12713 posts
2143 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
miorya wrote: Ahh okay. Is it better to switch when it's closer to end of my billing cycle or it doesn't matter? I guess what I want to know is, if I cancel in the middle of the month, does Roger refund me for 1/2 month?
You shud confirm with robbers billing... but I believe that's correct since you pay one month in advance.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jul 18, 2007
361 posts
33 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: You shud confirm with robbers billing... but I believe that's correct since you pay one month in advance.
Cool thanks, my bill cycle is on the 8th so I'll have time to see if there's any good Boxing day deals lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)