Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jul 5, 2004
244 posts
21 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Either ongoing monthly credits applied manually for the term of the deal or a lump sum credit applied. Can’t stand when they play dumb. Be sure to specify a goodwill credit on top of everything else. She gives you any trouble simply ask to escalate to the Ombudsman.
Thanks. Still no call back yet. Will keep everyone posted.
Jul 5, 2004
244 posts
21 upvotes
NobleFalcon1 wrote: Yeah that's nonsense. Did you ask OOP?
That is who I called. I didn't ask for a transcript. I just wanted them to listen to the call and she said 30-45 days. :(
Sep 13, 2012
897 posts
470 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
fttn wrote: That is who I called. I didn't ask for a transcript. I just wanted them to listen to the call and she said 30-45 days. :(
She requested a transcription of the call.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3916 posts
396 upvotes
No luck this afternoon - best I got offered was 15GB for $70/mth.
Proud member of SENS Army
Apr 15, 2010
190 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
mself084 wrote: No luck this afternoon - best I got offered was 15GB for $70/mth.
Port out is the only way to go. My friend did it and got the $50 for 15GB no problem.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3916 posts
396 upvotes
emann56 wrote: Port out is the only way to go. My friend did it and got the $50 for 15GB no problem.
Thanks - I'll have to give it a shot soon!

EDIT: Just request the port over to Telus. See what happens, SIM cards will be here in the next week.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3589 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
mself084 wrote: Thanks - I'll have to give it a shot soon!

EDIT: Just request the port over to Telus. See what happens, SIM cards will be here in the next week.
How did this actually work as in what plan did you get with Telus to minimize your cost with them as you intend on switching right back?
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3916 posts
396 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: How did this actually work as in what plan did you get with Telus to minimize your cost with them as you intend on switching right back?
Went with a bring your own device plan... free SIM card if you sign up online (no activation fees). The plan is the same as my current Rogers one, so worst case I don't get any offers from Rogers I'm no worse off.

I'll update later as things (hopefully!) progress.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3589 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
mself084 wrote: Went with a bring your own device plan... free SIM card if you sign up online (no activation fees). The plan is the same as my current Rogers one, so worst case I don't get any offers from Rogers I'm no worse off.

Gotcha, thanks! So are you on the hook for a full month even if you leave in say, 5 days? Or do you just pay 5 days prorated and that's it?
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3916 posts
396 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Gotcha, thanks! So are you on the hook for a full month even if you leave in say, 5 days? Or do you just pay 5 days prorated and that's it?
Let's find out Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3589 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
mself084 wrote: Let's find out Slightly Smiling Face
Okay well keep the thread updated :) Will be doing the same most likely!
Dec 12, 2018
88 posts
74 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Gotcha, thanks! So are you on the hook for a full month even if you leave in say, 5 days? Or do you just pay 5 days prorated and that's it?
You'll only pay for days of service that you've used. If you cancel 7 days in, you pay a prorated fee for 7 days of the total month's charges.
Sep 30, 2009
975 posts
502 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mself084 wrote: Went with a bring your own device plan... free SIM card if you sign up online (no activation fees). The plan is the same as my current Rogers one, so worst case I don't get any offers from Rogers I'm no worse off.

Planning on doing this myself as well. I have one line with Rogers that's still the $50 / 4GB. Doesn't make sense to not try this and score the $50 / 15GB. I was just contemplating between which carrier to port to incase things went bad. (rogers not giving me the $50 / 15gb) .
Dec 12, 2018
88 posts
74 upvotes
patrickkc wrote: Planning on doing this myself as well. I have one line with Rogers that's still the $50 / 4GB. Doesn't make sense to not try this and score the $50 / 15GB. I was just contemplating between which carrier to port to incase things went bad. (rogers not giving me the $50 / 15gb) .
I went to Koodo, told them about the winback offer about 1 week into service, and was offered a retentions $60/10GB plan. Also had a $10/month discount for 12 months from when I signed up, so I'm at $50/10GB. Honestly, not upset about staying with Koodo. I don't need the extra 5GB, the customer service so far has been much better, and the actual service has been better than Rogers as well. Planning on putting that to big use in a week when I head out west into the rockies where Telus signal trumps all.
Mar 29, 2013
162 posts
83 upvotes
Oshawa
I cancelled rogers last night by a port out - how long till they beg for me to come back, typically?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)