Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Feb 9, 2020
21 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone else experience issue with Rogers wireless in regards to static/breaking up sounds during a phone calls ?

I just got a new phone from them and due to the COVID - 19 issue, I don't want to miss my opportunity window to return it if it's actually my phone fault vs rogers.
May 28, 2006
463 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
My phone has been cutting out a lot. I thought it was my condo...
Oct 24, 2011
671 posts
294 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Just tried to call Rogers loyalty people, was looking for USA-CANADA unlimited calling plan with maybe some data, the best they had was $95/10gb which is what I see online too... what a joke
Jun 11, 2016
887 posts
1274 upvotes
Called Rogers to see if it was possible to suspend my cell service for the time being and explained why. The CSR said covid19/salary reduction wasnt an acceptable reason to suspend it.
Wow...great service Rogers!
Apr 4, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Hey all, I was recommended to post here from the personal finance Canada reddit. Looking for some advice on what to do.

Not that it matters, but I've been with Rogers since the iPhone 3. I have a grandfathered plan called Share Everything, that I shared with my husband. 8 gig, unlimited texts and calls, $87. I have a $6 Addon for texts in the USA, which I need as I text friends in the USA a lot.

Husband is on my plan. Now, it used to be $30 for his line. BYOD. He has a Moto G6 Play from Costco and he's happy with it. He only uses 500 megs per month. But for some unknown reasons, it's now $50 per month.

I recently called Rogers to explain that my husband had lost his job to COVID. I asked about why the share everything plan was so expensive now. No clear answer was given. But my plan no longer exists and they tried to sell me a more expensive plan.

Something close to $200 a month, which I repetitively explained we couldn't afford right now due to the loss of work. But the rep told me his mother had a $65 plan and it was their cheapest plan and share everything doesn't exist anymore. So my husband who uses 500 megs would end up with 10 gig of data. Not very helpful.

I love Rogers. My husband is American and we travel in the US often (used to before they closed the border) and their roaming is great. But I'm the one who uses the data the most. And we only use 6 gig total at most.

Every time I called, I asked to call with retention. It was declined. I've read here that you have to officially leave to get a call back. I'm looking at my options but would love to stay with Rogers. Husband will probably go with Public or Zoomer. But what would be my best options to stay with them?

Thank you for your help!
Mar 26, 2020
2 posts
2 upvotes
WeWannaKnow wrote: Hey all, I was recommended to post here from the personal finance Canada reddit. Looking for some advice on what to do.

Not that it matters, but I've been with Rogers since the iPhone 3. I have a grandfathered plan called Share Everything, that I shared with my husband. 8 gig, unlimited texts and calls, $87. I have a $6 Addon for texts in the USA, which I need as I text friends in the USA a lot.

Husband is on my plan. Now, it used to be $30 for his line. BYOD. He has a Moto G6 Play from Costco and he's happy with it. He only uses 500 megs per month. But for some unknown reasons, it's now $50 per month.

I recently called Rogers to explain that my husband had lost his job to COVID. I asked about why the share everything plan was so expensive now. No clear answer was given. But my plan no longer exists and they tried to sell me a more expensive plan.

Something close to $200 a month, which I repetitively explained we couldn't afford right now due to the loss of work. But the rep told me his mother had a $65 plan and it was their cheapest plan and share everything doesn't exist anymore. So my husband who uses 500 megs would end up with 10 gig of data. Not very helpful.

I love Rogers. My husband is American and we travel in the US often (used to before they closed the border) and their roaming is great. But I'm the one who uses the data the most. And we only use 6 gig total at most.

Every time I called, I asked to call with retention. It was declined. I've read here that you have to officially leave to get a call back. I'm looking at my options but would love to stay with Rogers. Husband will probably go with Public or Zoomer. But what would be my best options to stay with them?

Thank you for your help!
I suggest you try Zoomer Wireless, it's a Rogers subsidiary, so also using Rogers network. You can get a referral from Zoomer customer to get a $50 credit. You can search about Zoomer Wireless here on RFD and you will see the reviews are good. There's no harm in trying coz you can try it for 30 days and return if you're not satisfied.
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/promotion ... onus-offer

Here is the RFD page for the Zoomer promotion (except the $100 activation credit is gone because it's only until March 31). zoomer-wireless-zoomer-wireless-36-mth- ... 358748/90/
Sep 11, 2011
588 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
cec4111 wrote: Do Rogers have a 1000 min Long distance minutes as Koodo? I want to switch to Koodo for the LD offer and want to make sure if Rogers match it if they call to winback.
Did you ever find out if they do? Couldn’t find this on their site; just the $5 add on that gives you preferred rates - and that doesn’t even tell you if those rates are for calling landline, cell phone, or both.

Thanks in advance.
Aug 24, 2006
634 posts
96 upvotes
Scarborough
Try calling Rogers @ 1-855-201-9547 and pls post back if satisfied with outcome.

WeWannaKnow wrote: Hey all, I was recommended to post here from the personal finance Canada reddit. Looking for some advice on what to do.

Thank you for your help!
Nov 24, 2019
38 posts
25 upvotes
Starting today (April 14, 2020): NO MORE NEW CUSTOMER PROMOS OR RETENTION OFFERS.

Meaning that Rogers will stop offering new customer pricing and no more retention offers to anyone. Even complaining to a manager or Office of the president will not do anything. Everyone will be paying rack rates if their promo has ended BUT!!! if you are tagged for an offer before April 14, you will be able to see it on Rogers.com self serve (If you call and get an offer, that would be it) but besides that, all other offers have ended today.

Really bad timing during the crisis.

IN SHORT: This means no new customer promos/retention offers on TV, internet, homephone, and even wireless plans!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3860 posts
1744 upvotes
Chrislanoue56 wrote: Starting today (April 14, 2020): NO MORE NEW CUSTOMER PROMOS OR RETENTION OFFERS.

Meaning that Rogers will stop offering new customer pricing and no more retention offers to anyone. Even complaining to a manager or Office of the president will not do anything. Everyone will be paying rack rates if their promo has ended BUT!!! if you are tagged for an offer before April 14, you will be able to see it on Rogers.com self serve (If you call and get an offer, that would be it) but besides that, all other offers have ended today.

Really bad timing during the crisis.

IN SHORT: This means no new customer promos/retention offers on TV, internet, homephone, and even wireless plans!
The offer I was looking to get is gone now. Pixel 4XL was $30/month and is now $50. So that's a no from me now.
Sep 9, 2012
194 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa

Thank you for your help!
May be take a look at an American plan such as the Walmart AT&T deal?

RFD Walmart AT&T thread
Sep 13, 2012
897 posts
471 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
iHibachi wrote: Anyone else experience issue with Rogers wireless in regards to static/breaking up sounds during a phone calls ?

I just got a new phone from them and due to the COVID - 19 issue, I don't want to miss my opportunity window to return it if it's actually my phone fault vs rogers.
Bell and Rogers have added capacity but with everyone working from home and calls transferred to cellphones the load is significant.
Sep 13, 2012
897 posts
471 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
KravenHead wrote: Called Rogers to see if it was possible to suspend my cell service for the time being and explained why. The CSR said covid19/salary reduction wasnt an acceptable reason to suspend it.
Wow...great service Rogers!
Escalate. And for being dismissed demand a goodwill credit to further help your cause.
Oct 12, 2014
522 posts
69 upvotes
North York, ON
I have 2 old plans from Rogers for 2 cellphones. I have not reviewed the current plans in a long time. Are these 2 plans still a good deal?

1. $35 + tax - Loyalty Voice Plan (No Tab) - Call Display, Unlimited Text and Unlimited Canada wide calling
2. $65 + tax - Rogers 10 GB Data Plan - Call Display, Unlimited Text and Unlimited Canada wide calling

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

cutiehoney