Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 28, 2010
38 posts
Canada
cookiemonster_ wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 8:41 pm
So I guess I'm an insider. ...Sorry for the vent, but christ, it makes me hate my job more than I already do.
Thank you for sharing this. I think some people are "rude" sometimes (customers and/or reps). The retention dept. has a key role to retain existing customers and give them satisfaction (which give Rogers a lot of money) but it is true that some customers might try to abuse the system. Rules are there for that I guess but they cannot eliminate all cases (or people will switch providers). Don't hate your job for that, we all want more money, be it Rogers, a customer, a rep or anyone else. We shall all be respectful and understand each other interest.
Mar 1, 2008
656 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
slipperyspider wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:23 pm
I have a $15 data credit and a $10 monthly service fee credit, on the $17.50 plan
After lots of sweet words and very little silence, I was able to get another $15 monthly service fee discount
I know when I log into myrogers.com it shows the new monthly service fee discount stacked, but is there anyway to verify that I indeed have $25 in msf discounts without causing too much attention to my account ...
I know have
300 Daytime
6 PM
Unlimited Incoming
Rogers 2 Rogers
500 MB
$20 iPhone Value pack (unlimited SMS/MMS)
1,000 LD minutes for $22.50 + HST !!!
Thank you to everyone here! Just want to verify the credits before I get too excited.
can you give me a breakdown of your plan?
would like to get mine just like that or at least r2r/unl inc
Needinghelp wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:33 pm
Thanks for the feedback. So for the Voiceplan, how do I go about getting any credits? I tried really, really hard with the Rep but he wouldn't budge to give out any credits. I wasn't sure what else to say.
I noticed that I called at 8PM EST, so I probably got a Rep from BC (5PM West coast time), so they probably went through all this BS all day. Honestly, should I call on a weekday/weekend morning when an Ontario Rep first comes in the morning? That way I'd be the first one that they talk to and they'd probably be in a better mood.
I tried getting an additional Data Plan discount but the Rep kept saying that I'm already getting an amazing deal, $30 for 6 GB he said is a limited time offer and normally it's $30 for 1 GB. He would not budge on that.
How the heck do I go about getting Monthly Plan Credits?!
it all depends with the rep and your approach
usually when i call in the morning it seems better but the time shouldnt really matter
for the data, switch it to a lower one and say like that you dont want the 6gb because you dont want to pay $30 and just switch to a lower one
the rep should offer you a credit to "keep you happy"
for the voice, im not too sure, i dont have an credits towards my voice plan
just try to get feature credit :)
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
slipperyspider wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:38 pm
Read page one and if call #2 doesn't work try try again

Ah trust me, reading all that is the first thing I've done before participating in this thread. That's why I asked if Inception was the way to go because I read it in one of the tutorials. But then AcidBomber and other peeps said that I shouldn't use Inception because I can't tell the Reps how to do their jobs (which contradicted one of the tutorials) so then that changed my strategy.

I tried to use the strats posted in the tutorial, and though I got a slightly better deal (all those features I listed in my post a couple pages back for around $60), it was mentioned that I don't have any MFD's. But the Rep wouldn't budge when I tried to get MFD's.

I've only been with Rogers for slightly over a year now so it's probably why I don't have any leverage as of yet. What do you think guys?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2010
1077 posts
60 upvotes
Needinghelp wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:44 pm
Ah trust me, reading all that is the first thing I've done before participating in this thread. That's why I asked if Inception was the way to go because I read it in one of the tutorials. But then AcidBomber and other peeps said that I shouldn't use Inception because I can't tell the Reps how to do their jobs (which contradicted one of the tutorials) so then that changed my strategy.

I tried to use the strats posted in the tutorial, and though I got a slightly better deal (all those features I listed in my post a couple pages back for around $60), it was mentioned that I don't have any MFD's. But the Rep wouldn't budge when I tried to get MFD's.

I've only been with Rogers for slightly over a year now so it's probably why I don't have any leverage as of yet. What do you think guys?

Nothing really to do with leverage, with another L word, LUCK, keep on trying trust me!
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
$ThaDealer$ wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:41 pm
it all depends with the rep and your approach
usually when i call in the morning it seems better but the time shouldnt really matter
for the data, switch it to a lower one and say like that you dont want the 6gb because you dont want to pay $30 and just switch to a lower one
the rep should offer you a credit to "keep you happy"
for the voice, im not too sure, i dont have an credits towards my voice plan
just try to get feature credit :)

Yeah true. I think the only 2 times I called Retentions - I got 2 guy Reps from BC. They were nice and all but they were really, really firm on their stance. They would not budge. But somehow I still managed to get the Retentions VP the first time around and now the $17.50 Voiceplan (200 mins, etc.)

I have yet to receive a Female Rep and a Rep from Ontario, so maybe getting these kinds of the Reps is the key to a sweet deal? Don't mean to hate on my fellow guys but I know from experience that we tend to stick to what we believe in! lol
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
slipperyspider wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:49 pm
$17.50
200 + 100
6 PM

Unlimited Incoming FREE
R2R FREE
1,000 LD minutes ($10-$5)

- $25 MSF

$40 iPhone Value Pack
-$15 data credit

-----
$27.50 + HST
Not sure if you have an additional $15 MFD or they changed your $10 MFD to a $15 MFD. It seems hard to believe that he rep would give you an additional $15 MFD in one shot. Also you might have problems with your bill since your $25MFD exceeds your $17.50 voice plan. But maybe you'll get lucky...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2010
1077 posts
60 upvotes
$17.50
200 + 100
6 PM

Unlimited Incoming FREE
R2R FREE

- $25 MSF

$40 iPhone Value Pack
-$15 data credit

GFFT credited
-----
$22.50 + HST
Mar 1, 2008
656 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
slipperyspider wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 9:56 pm
$17.50
200 + 100
6 PM

Unlimited Incoming FREE
R2R FREE

- $25 MSF

$40 iPhone Value Pack
-$15 data credit

GFFT credited
-----
$27.50 + HST
*double post* but nice plan
i pay the same price w. $10 retention and 500mb but im almost happy lol
just need a couple more txts and unlimited incoming
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
cookiemonster_ wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 8:41 pm
So I guess I'm an insider. I work in the call centres you guys are calling to get these fantastic deals on. Just a tip, we all know who you are, even with your pleasant words and your assertiveness...Generally speaking we just don't give a damn about the company, so we give you whatever you want. We don't care how nice you are or what your back story is. On the other hand, if you continue to do this, calling in for deals and credits, we see it all. We know when you get things, we know what you say, we know your past stories, we know your lies. It makes our job so much more difficult to have to deal with this every single day. I want free stuff too, but even working for the company, I don't get anything, and I don't complain about it. And for those of you who ream us out because we CAN'T give you anything ( we have policies), seriously, give us a break. We're humans too, and we don't like Rogers just as much as you. I'm a 20 year old student trying to work my way through school, so don't complain to me that you're a student and you can't afford your plan, and don't yell at me when I wont give you free incoming calling for a month or two or three, or free service, or free upgrades, or whatever the hell you think you're entitled to.

Also those "rude reps" you talk about have to deal with this bs all day, I think you would probably be rude too if you were in that position, not to mention we get **** from our managers for giving you things too often, and every time you request the manager or the ootp, we get **** some more.

If these were rare incidents it would probably be less upsetting to me, but every day, at least 20 people call wanting free things and discounts here and discounts there, and you all seem to think that you're the only thing we care about when you're calling, and that your sob story is worse than any other sob story I've heard that day.

Use these deals and tactics sparingly, because it's coming to the point that reps and managers and supervisors and directors are noticing that too many people are calling in asking for free things and they're getting them. Rules are getting more strict, and our abilities to credit are getting more strict..

And also, a tip, don't even try to get an activation fee or hardware upgrade fee waived...it simply won't happen.

Sorry for the vent, but christ, it makes me hate my job more than I already do.

Thank you for your hard work and putting up with some of us, all of us really appreciate that. As I have always stated the one thing that I respect the most about your corporation is that they hired Canadians and it brings bread and butter to many families and for that I have deep respect. That being said you must understand that this is the time of recession and everyone is trying hard to save their pennies and dimes wherever they can and this is no exception. The existing thread has been in place since past 6 years and has helped thousands so what you think is something new is not. Being a insider of the business I hope you understand what Loyalty division is all about? It is about retaining existing customers so that they don't jump ship and go to the competitor. You have proceeded to paint us all with a broad brush and have done the exact same thing that you hate about. We are not some sort of secretive cult of people working underground who are hell bent to steal from your organisation. All the discounts, credits, and features that the customers receive are given by your own organisation to retain their customers and keep them happy - that is the sole purpose of your "Loyalty and Retentions" department. You think we are here ought to get them but you dont realise who has got who since the past zillion years.

That being said I believe treating everyone with courtesy and respect and if you actually read around you would have noticed that the number one rule of getting anything in life is by being polite. I know at times some of us has been rude and harsh with you and your team, but you must also understand that some of us has also felt the same way from your colleagues. It is the human factor which unfortunately cannot be automated and doctrined, and there will be some bad apples on both sides. Therefore you have no reason to be upset or hate your job, because if you take your job to your dinner table then you are working way to seriously and you are not going to get any medal for that so I strongly recommend you to enjoy what you do, and do what you enjoy. There is no easy money in this world and we ALL have to work hard for our dollar, no body is going to pay you untill they have drenched the last drop of liquid from the towel so if any assurance to you then let it be known that you are not the only one, and we are all in the same grinder.

As per whats going to happen tomorrow and as much as you hate to believe this, let me assure you that your retention department is here to stay and so will its policies. Me and you will come and go but the things will remain the same - infact it will get better in the coming weeks, months and years.

Thank you again for your hard work and sharing your story - hopefully this will make believe some folks here that when they speak to someone there is a real human being with feelings on the other end of the line just like them. :)

Cheers & All the best!
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 10:08 pm
Thank you for your hard work and putting up with some of us, all of us really appreciate that. As I have always stated the one thing that I respect the most about your corporation is that they hired Canadians and it brings bread and butter to many families and for that I have deep respect. That being said you must understand that this is the time of recession and everyone is trying hard to save their pennies and dimes wherever they can and this is no exception. The existing thread has been in place since past 6 years and has helped thousands so what you think is something new is not. Being a insider of the business I hope you understand what Loyalty division is all about? It is about retaining existing customers so that they don't jump ship and go to the competitor. You have proceeded to paint us all with a broad brush and have done the exact same thing that you hate about. We are not some sort of secretive cult of people working underground who are hell bent to steal from your organisation. All the discounts, credits, and features that the customers receive are given by your own organisation to retain their customers and keep them happy - that is the sole purpose of your "Loyalty and Retentions" department. You think we are here ought to get them but you dont realise who has got who since the past zillion years.

That being said I believe treating everyone with courtesy and respect and if you actually read around you would have noticed that the number one rule of getting anything in life is by being polite. I know at times some of us has been rude and harsh with you and your team, but you must also understand that some of us has also felt the same way from your colleagues. It is the human factor which unfortunately cannot be automated and doctrined, and there will be some bad apples on both sides. Therefore you have no reason to be upset or hate your job, because if you take your job to your dinner table then you are working way to seriously and you are not going to get any medal for that so I strongly recommend you to enjoy what you do, and do what you enjoy. There is no easy money in this world and we ALL have to work hard for our dollar, no body is going to pay you untill they have drenched the last drop of liquid from the towel so if any assurance to you then let it be known that you are not the only one, and we are all in the same grinder.

As per whats going to happen tomorrow and as much as you hate to believe this, let me assure you that your retention department is here to stay and so will its policies. Me and you will come and go but the things will remain the same - infact it will get better in the coming weeks, months and years.

Thank you again for your hard work and sharing your story - hopefully this will make believe some folks here that when they speak to someone there is a real human being with feelings on the other end of the line just like them. :)

Cheers & All the best!

mrperfect - Out of curiosity, what is your plan?

Can you please comment on my post a few pages back (the comparison of my old plan to my new one + the subsequent posts after) and could you please offer any advice for me in order to acquire MFD's? Thanks.
Banned
Sep 7, 2009
236 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Needinghelp wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 10:16 pm

Can you please comment on my post a few pages back (the comparison of my old plan to my new one + the subsequent posts after) and could you please offer any advice for me in order to acquire MFD's? Thanks.

he basically has 1000 daytime, 1000 long distance, 6gb data, the 10$ retentions value pack for 13$ all in
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
Needinghelp wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 10:16 pm

1150 Daytime Minutes.
My 5 Local
Early 6PM eve
1000 Long distance
Rogers to Rogers
6GB Data plan
Caller id
Voice mail
2500 text messages
Who called
Call manager
5 Months of unlimited calling and 5 months of unlimited data usage.

$10 + $2.58 GRRF

As per your plan, it is a definitive step forward and from your old one.. You just need to try to get some credits for your monthly plan and might have to call back and explain that it it is a bit high for your pocket and see if they could help you out.. there is no single trick to doing this so i really say you read the first page and gather as much info as possible to help you make the call.. I wished i could say do this and get the $5 or $10 monthly fee discount but there is no such thing as a magic word.. please try hard and you will suceed eventually.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1746 upvotes
arcticmonkeys3 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 10:26 pm
he basically has 1000 daytime, 1000 long distance, 6gb data, the 10$ retentions value pack for 13$ all in

Glad to see things are getting back to normal for you, eventhough not as the same like before (which I told you will happen).. Remember keeping calm and wiggling out of tricky situations is the way to go when you negotiate.. All is not lost and you still have an amazing plan and lots of room to chisel around so you shoud be happy and proud of yourself.. Just use your experiences to make you a stronger and a better person. :)
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2010 10:26 pm
1150 Daytime Minutes.
My 5 Local
Early 6PM eve
1000 Long distance
Rogers to Rogers
6GB Data plan
Caller id
Voice mail
2500 text messages
Who called
Call manager
5 Months of unlimited calling and 5 months of unlimited data usage.

$10 + $2.58 GRRF
...How the heck?! lol. You're basically a client that is causing Rogers to LOSE money. I can't understand how you got that, since they are essentially operating at a loss!

How long have you been with Rogers and how often do you call? I was told by some people every 6 months but then it was suggested to call every month just before your next billing cycle. I think I'm going to go with the next billing cycle.
As per your plan, it is a definitive step forward and from your old one.. You just need to try to get some credits for your monthly plan and might have to call back and explain that it it is a bit high for your pocket and see if they could help you out.. there is no single trick to doing this so i really say you read the first page and gather as much info as possible to help you make the call.. I wished i could say do this and get the $5 or $10 monthly fee discount but there is no such thing as a magic word.. please try hard and you will suceed eventually.

Thanks man. I will have to call back. Since I just called earlier today, should I call exactly a month from now or should I call tomorrow morning? My billing cycle is the 13th of every month so the changes that I negotiated earlier today won't happen until after October 13th.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

davidj8580